SnowNinjaRaccoon

Miniature and Giant Crowns

141 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Tigrex and Narg are kinda the same size according to the crown numbers, Barioth is bigger indeed. Gold Crown Barioth was my last crown and he is visually huge... like really huge. Tigrex has a huge head when a gold crown, narg's tail is a good hint as well, it is massive.

Damn how much bigger is the Gold crown over the Silver, he already took up basically the whole screen at silver 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nazareth357 said:

Damn how much bigger is the Gold crown over the Silver, he already took up basically the whole screen at silver 

I’m having the same issues with big Tigrex, I just can’t tell how much bigger he needs to be 😅, I have both Tigrex’s small crowns since they are noticeable small, but the big one is slippery, he always looks huge.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, BlackTorito said:

I also think Tigrex and Nargacuga share body model, and even sizes, they do similar animation when shocked but its pretty tough to measure because how weird it is. Barioth may share model too, but its definitely a bit bigger than both of those.

It's called 'skeleton' and it's often reused because making a unique skeleton is pretty taxing for devs.

I doubt that it's related to sizes in any way, for example Yian Garuga is tiny but shares the same skel and moves with big Raths.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Deviljho (not Savage) counts towards the new crown trophy/achievement?

Edited by FireRaiser1985
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FireRaiser1985 said:

Does anyone know if Deviljho (not Savage) counts towards the new crown trophy/achievement?

Not sure, but there is the “Heart of the Nora” event right now for both crowns in High Rank.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man nothing worse than for sure knowing that what you have in an investigation is a gold large/gold mini but your teammates keep dying and then you fail. Responded to many tempered investigation sos and saw how incredibly big and small the monsters were only to have them slip by because of people just straight up not paying attention. I guess I'll start doing my own investigations...otherwise I'll lose my mind with these crowns that got away. 😭 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Oh man nothing worse than for sure knowing that what you have in an investigation is a gold large/gold mini but your teammates keep dying and then you fail. Responded to many tempered investigation sos and saw how incredibly big and small the monsters were only to have them slip by because of people just straight up not paying attention. I guess I'll start doing my own investigations...otherwise I'll lose my mind with these crowns that got away. 1f62d.png 

 

You can just kill your connection via PS4 options menu and finish it by yourself

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

 

You can just kill your connection via PS4 options menu and finish it by yourself

Oh. My. God.

 

Why didn't I think of this before?! I lost out on a couple of crowns due to teammate deaths, I mean the HP scaling will still be for 3-4 people but if time is not that limited or the quest isn't going good, this is seriously an option.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any tips for Black Veil Hazaak? The usual videos doesnt seem to work, I’ve spent the entire day without luck, not even one of the smallest which had 85% size of the leg and the top spike was even below my head (the chest spike) it was as small as it could be.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Any tips for Black Veil Hazaak? The usual videos doesnt seem to work, I’ve spent the entire day without luck, not even one of the smallest which had 85% size of the leg and the top spike was even below my head (the chest spike) it was as small as it could be.

For Vaal I went for his rear leg. Was looking for one where I can almost reach the upper edge of his leg.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

For Vaal I went for his rear leg. Was looking for one where I can almost reach the upper edge of his leg.

Yeah, after slaying the latest small one, its gotta definitely be you fitting almost 99% on the rear leg.

 

About the big one I don’t know, it seems the small gap on 90 degree is not working, it should be an even bigger gap.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Oh. My. God.

 

Why didn't I think of this before?! I lost out on a couple of crowns due to teammate deaths, I mean the HP scaling will still be for 3-4 people but if time is not that limited or the quest isn't going good, this is seriously an option.

As soon you disconnect it will turn back to 1p settings, hp included

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DizzyChan said:

I got the small and large Beotodus crowns from Trophy Fishin' event quest.

How many tries did it take you? I did that event quest twice during first week of release and got nothing

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, is any hunter interested in forming a chat group for crown sniping?

 

Already made a session but it seems this expansion has very few active people compared to base game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

By the way, is any hunter interested in forming a chat group for crown sniping?

 

Already made a session but it seems this expansion has very few active people compared to base game.

I like that idea because I don't want to farm over xxx hundred hours for these stupid crowns like in the base game.

Edited by xXAaronBroXx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, xXAaronBroXx said:

I like that idea because I don't want to farm over xxx hundred hours for this stupid crowns like in the base game.

Leave your gamertags for anyone interested

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

How many tries did it take you? I did that event quest twice during first week of release and got nothing

Almost 6 times I think. I don’t know if it was luck or the event has a higher chance for getting the crown. I fought it 23 times and every event quest has 2 of these guys excluding the normal quests I did to hunt him which is also not much based on my hunt count. 

Edited by DizzyChan
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DizzyChan said:

Almost 6 times I think. I don’t know if it was luck or the event has a higher chance for getting the crown. I fought it 23 times and every event quest has 2 of these guys excluding the normal quests I did to hunt him which is also not much based on my hunt count. 

Do you remember how small was Beatodus? He is pretty tricky to measure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already had the big crown for beotodus and tried "Trophy fishin" once and i got the mini crown on my first try.

I already saw it was a mini one before i fought him it was so cute 😅

 

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Do you remember how small was Beatodus? He is pretty tricky to measure.

Mine was 1495.79 if that matters.

Edited by KingTom95
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the variants use the exact same skeleton for non variants, so videos for those crowns are already out from world. thats what ive been using for those anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Do you remember how small was Beatodus? He is pretty tricky to measure.

Not really, sadly wasn’t paying attention but it’s the same exact size as KingTom95. 🤔 I guess we can consider this event as one with a high chance of getting a crown. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside of doing them for the trophies, I really enjoy capturing the crowns, in the base game I was looking for upgrades for my crowns, the smallest small and the biggest giant and I noticed that they sound different from the regular ones, I really suggest you guys to pay attention to this, after all if it is a gold crown, you have 1/3 to reach the cap and they will sound different, very easy to tell. They are the same so far with ib monsters, Narcaguga smallest just sounded like a very young feline and usually the giants are the same but much louder and a lil bit distorted.

Edited by fujitora22
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve done the Event 5 times now and still not even close to mini, might be just luck.

 

As for Beatodus and Shrieking Legiana, they do not share the same sizes and the body has different features so its hard to use the same methods.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it's hard to farm investigations for Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos. Do people just do the Guiding Lands for these two monsters to get investigations for them? So far I've only gotten Brute Tigrex investigations with pretty shitty rewards too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.