Miniature and Giant Crowns

15 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Tigrex and Narg are kinda the same size according to the crown numbers, Barioth is bigger indeed. Gold Crown Barioth was my last crown and he is visually huge... like really huge. Tigrex has a huge head when a gold crown, narg's tail is a good hint as well, it is massive.

Damn how much bigger is the Gold crown over the Silver, he already took up basically the whole screen at silver 

1 hour ago, nazareth357 said:

Damn how much bigger is the Gold crown over the Silver, he already took up basically the whole screen at silver 

I’m having the same issues with big Tigrex, I just can’t tell how much bigger he needs to be ?, I have both Tigrex’s small crowns since they are noticeable small, but the big one is slippery, he always looks huge.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, BlackTorito said:

I also think Tigrex and Nargacuga share body model, and even sizes, they do similar animation when shocked but its pretty tough to measure because how weird it is. Barioth may share model too, but its definitely a bit bigger than both of those.

It's called 'skeleton' and it's often reused because making a unique skeleton is pretty taxing for devs.

I doubt that it's related to sizes in any way, for example Yian Garuga is tiny but shares the same skel and moves with big Raths.

Oh man nothing worse than for sure knowing that what you have in an investigation is a gold large/gold mini but your teammates keep dying and then you fail. Responded to many tempered investigation sos and saw how incredibly big and small the monsters were only to have them slip by because of people just straight up not paying attention. I guess I'll start doing my own investigations...otherwise I'll lose my mind with these crowns that got away. ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Oh man nothing worse than for sure knowing that what you have in an investigation is a gold large/gold mini but your teammates keep dying and then you fail. Responded to many tempered investigation sos and saw how incredibly big and small the monsters were only to have them slip by because of people just straight up not paying attention. I guess I'll start doing my own investigations...otherwise I'll lose my mind with these crowns that got away. 1f62d.png 

You can just kill your connection via PS4 options menu and finish it by yourself

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

You can just kill your connection via PS4 options menu and finish it by yourself

Oh. My. God.

Why didn't I think of this before?! I lost out on a couple of crowns due to teammate deaths, I mean the HP scaling will still be for 3-4 people but if time is not that limited or the quest isn't going good, this is seriously an option.

37 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Any tips for Black Veil Hazaak? The usual videos doesnt seem to work, I’ve spent the entire day without luck, not even one of the smallest which had 85% size of the leg and the top spike was even below my head (the chest spike) it was as small as it could be.

For Vaal I went for his rear leg. Was looking for one where I can almost reach the upper edge of his leg.

1 minute ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

For Vaal I went for his rear leg. Was looking for one where I can almost reach the upper edge of his leg.

Yeah, after slaying the latest small one, its gotta definitely be you fitting almost 99% on the rear leg.

About the big one I don’t know, it seems the small gap on 90 degree is not working, it should be an even bigger gap.

8 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Oh. My. God.

Why didn't I think of this before?! I lost out on a couple of crowns due to teammate deaths, I mean the HP scaling will still be for 3-4 people but if time is not that limited or the quest isn't going good, this is seriously an option.

As soon you disconnect it will turn back to 1p settings, hp included

7 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

By the way, is any hunter interested in forming a chat group for crown sniping?

Already made a session but it seems this expansion has very few active people compared to base game.

I like that idea because I don't want to farm over xxx hundred hours for these stupid crowns like in the base game.

Edited by xXAaronBroXx

10 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

How many tries did it take you? I did that event quest twice during first week of release and got nothing

Almost 6 times I think. I don’t know if it was luck or the event has a higher chance for getting the crown. I fought it 23 times and every event quest has 2 of these guys excluding the normal quests I did to hunt him which is also not much based on my hunt count. 

Edited by DizzyChan

48 minutes ago, DizzyChan said:

Almost 6 times I think. I don’t know if it was luck or the event has a higher chance for getting the crown. I fought it 23 times and every event quest has 2 of these guys excluding the normal quests I did to hunt him which is also not much based on my hunt count. 

Do you remember how small was Beatodus? He is pretty tricky to measure.

I already had the big crown for beotodus and tried "Trophy fishin" once and i got the mini crown on my first try.

I already saw it was a mini one before i fought him it was so cute ?

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Do you remember how small was Beatodus? He is pretty tricky to measure.

Mine was 1495.79 if that matters.

Edited by KingTom95

Aside of doing them for the trophies, I really enjoy capturing the crowns, in the base game I was looking for upgrades for my crowns, the smallest small and the biggest giant and I noticed that they sound different from the regular ones, I really suggest you guys to pay attention to this, after all if it is a gold crown, you have 1/3 to reach the cap and they will sound different, very easy to tell. They are the same so far with ib monsters, Narcaguga smallest just sounded like a very young feline and usually the giants are the same but much louder and a lil bit distorted.

Edited by fujitora22