Miniature and Giant Crowns

48 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Damn it's hard to farm investigations for Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos. Do people just do the Guiding Lands for these two monsters to get investigations for them? So far I've only gotten Brute Tigrex investigations with pretty shitty rewards too.

Elder Recess, its totally random what monsters you get. There is also a level 125 optional quest with both of them.

55 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Has anyone used save scum succesfully? I can’t seem to find any crown I started using it.

Yes I will rack up a couple good investigations and if I start to notice the monsters are bigger than normal or smaller then I will upload my previous save and try those investigations again. So far it has worked

4 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

Save scum ? what do you mean ?

Uploading your save to the cloud and redownload it after exhausting investigations.

5 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

Yes I will rack up a couple good investigations and if I start to notice the monsters are bigger than normal or smaller then I will upload my previous save and try those investigations again. So far it has worked

Mmm I have loaded close to 100 times for a big Legiana/Tobi and all of the investigations were 4 golds even, so its really weird I still got nothing.

Before that I had an average of 4-5 crowns a day. Something feels off in this expansion, there is people getting the platinum in 2 weeks wich is abdsurdly fast, Im starting to think save scumming is detrimental.

4 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

I really like your channel.

My theory about crowns is that, like in mhw vanilla, it can only drops during investigations, or guiding lands for monsters that first appear in that region (silver rathalos, gold rathian, yian garuga...). Do you agree with that or did you get any crowns in side quest so far ?

6 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

I really like your channel.

My theory about crowns is that, like in mhw vanilla, it can only drops during investigations, or guiding lands for monsters that first appear in that region (silver rathalos, gold rathian, yian garuga...). Do you agree with that or did you get any crowns in side quest so far ?

That's interesting because I've been trying to farm Tigrex in the Ancient Forest because I feel would be easier and I've been having the worst luck. Since it's the frost reach that you see him maybe I'll have a better chance there.

9 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Uploading your save to the cloud and redownload it after exhausting investigations.

Mmm I have loaded close to 100 times for a big Legiana/Tobi and all of the investigations were 4 golds even, so its really weird I still got nothing.

Before that I had an average of 4-5 crowns a day. Something feels off in this expansion, there is people getting the platinum in 2 weeks wich is abdsurdly fast, Im starting to think save scumming is detrimental.

Legiana was difficult in the base game to find. Two weeks is awfully fast to get a platinum but if you're working together with four people and everyone is sniping then I could see it being done very quickly. Keep in mind save scumming doesn't work for all investigations just the ones with potential. You typically know because you'll see monsters that are bigger than normal possibly silver crowns if so indefinitely save scum

6 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

That's interesting because I've been trying to farm Tigrex in the Ancient Forest because I feel would be easier and I've been having the worst luck. Since it's the frost reach that you see him maybe I'll have a better chance there.

Legiana was difficult in the base game to find. Two weeks is awfully fast to get a platinum but if you're working together with four people and everyone is sniping then I could see it being done very quickly. Keep in mind save scumming doesn't work for all investigations just the ones with potential. You typically know because you'll see monsters that are bigger than normal possibly silver crowns if so indefinitely save scum

That may be true, I might give it one more go and then just keep doing fresh investigations, its honestly not that hard to come by, at least for non-elders.

14 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

What i meant is that brute tigrex, gold rathian, silver rathalos, ruiner nergi and scarred yian garuga can be gold crown in guiding lands (see snowninjaraccoon's google doc). I highly doubt you can have a crown for fulgur anjanath in guiding lands. 

For Tigrex i would only focus on investigations with double/triple hunts. 

17 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

What i meant is that brute tigrex, gold rathian, silver rathalos, ruiner nergi and scarred yian garuga can be gold crown in guiding lands (see snowninjaraccoon's google doc). I highly doubt you can have a crown for fulgur anjanath in guiding lands. 

For Tigrex i would only focus on investigations with double/triple hunts. 

Yeah I've been using his Doc it's very useful. It's helping me out to know how close I am to that crown. I haven't made it to the brute tigrex, gold rathian, silver rathalos. Are they exclusive only to The Guiding lands or do they have investigations elsewhere plus what master rank do you need to be at

15 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

Yeah I've been using his Doc it's very useful. It's helping me out to know how close I am to that crown. I haven't made it to the brute tigrex, gold rathian, silver rathalos. Are they exclusive only to The Guiding lands or do they have investigations elsewhere plus what master rank do you need to be at

No, they are discovered in GL, but they have investigations on the Elder Recess, aside from Scarred Garuga which is Ancient Forest tempered investigations.

On a side note, NinjaRacoon has far more crowns in the GL than those monsters alone, personally, I haven’t got a single one there.

19 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

No, they are discovered in GL, but they have investigations on the Elder Recess, aside from Scarred Garuga which is Ancient Forest tempered investigations.

On a side note, NinjaRacoon has far more crowns in the GL than those monsters alone, personally, I haven’t got a single one there.

Yeah I'm not going to try farming them at the GL. I prefer to have a regular investigation which will make it easier for everyone I think

4 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Has anyone used save scum succesfully? I can’t seem to find any crown I started using it.

Yeah, I just got all my elder crowns done today through save scumming. Just glad I got the elders out of the way since theyre the least likely to get a crown event if we're even getting one for this expansion. Now I just have to worry about Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos for the endgame monsters ?

I also snagged a LOT of crowns in the Guiding Lands recently while trying to max out all regions. It's definitely not as reliable as investigations since you either have to hope they spawn or have special tracks stored up for whatever monsters you need crowns for. In addition, I got some crowns from slowly cleaning up optional quests. Probably a good idea to work through optionals (at least ignoring the ones involving base game monsters) before fully committing to investigations for crowns.

Edited by PostGameBlues

11 hours ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

I got both crowns for Tigrex within 3 Tigrexes while I was leveling Rotten Valley in GL. I also got mini Brutal Tigrex and mini Silver Rath on their first appearance in GL. Never gold a single gold in GL before, so I feel like locale level is tied to the chance of getting a crown.

3 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

I got both crowns for Tigrex within 3 Tigrexes while I was leveling Rotten Valley in GL. I also got mini Brutal Tigrex and mini Silver Rath on their first appearance in GL. Never gold a single gold in GL before, so I feel like locale level is tied to the chance of getting a crown.

Yeah the higher the region level, the more tempered monsters appear. All the crowns I've gotten from the Guiding Lands have been from tempered versions of monsters (eg. Large Zinogre, Large Glavenus, mini Tigrex, etc).

27 minutes ago, Hatteii said:

Thought I got large gold crown Glav yesterday while on an expedition, absolutely gutted when it was silver. 

Foot was larger than my hunter so I knew he was a ‘big boi’. 

The everyday of the crown hunting.

In my experience, the gold should have the spikes on the right leg more than one head above characters, close to two.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I did manage to get a large gold Scarred Yian Garuga through savescumming. It did take a pretty long time but since his investigations are somewhat rare it’s probably still better to scum him.

I apologize in advance if this has been brought up before but i remember reading a post asking if all subspecies/variants are the exact same sizes as their regular counterparts. Based on my findings so far this seems to be the case with only a few exceptions. Shrieking Legiana is a little bit bigger than regular Legiana and Acidic Glavenus is a good bit smaller than regular Glavenus. Granted there’s the possibility that this is just a result of the ice crystals on S. Legiana and the different tail on A. Glavenus impacting the sizes noted in-game so it might still be possible to measure them the same way.

15 hours ago, Happy said:

I apologize in advance if this has been brought up before but i remember reading a post asking if all subspecies/variants are the exact same sizes as their regular counterparts. Based on my findings so far this seems to be the case with only a few exceptions. Shrieking Legiana is a little bit bigger than regular Legiana and Acidic Glavenus is a good bit smaller than regular Glavenus. Granted there’s the possibility that this is just a result of the ice crystals on S. Legiana and the different tail on A. Glavenus impacting the sizes noted in-game so it might still be possible to measure them the same way.

Yeah I noticed that as well for some subspecies/variants. For others like F. Anjanath, Coral Pukei, all their crowns have the same measurements as their normal counterparts for me. For Savage Jho, does anyone know if they share same measurements as regular Jho? I got both my crowns for regular Jho from the Horizon ZD Event and I feel like the mini and large crowns from that event were at both ends of the spectrum so I'm not sure if I can use the videos already available for the regular Jho on Savage Jho.

Edited by PostGameBlues