SnowNinjaRaccoon

Miniature and Giant Crowns

141 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DizzyChan said:

Does anyone know if the regular Jho crowns are required for iceborne trophies?

No one knows, but since Lunastra actually counts for the max research on all monsters trophy, very likely that their crowns count as well. Plus, there's the Horizon ZD Event still going. Quest is called Heart of the Nora and it has guaranteed mini and gold large crowns as you have to hunt 2 tempered jhos in it.

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

No one knows, but since Lunastra actually counts for the max research on all monsters trophy, very likely that their crowns count as well. Plus, there's the Horizon ZD Event still going. Quest is called Heart of the Nora and it has guaranteed mini and gold large crowns as you have to hunt 2 tempered jhos in it.

Thanks! better be safe and get them then.

There used to be a Crown Hunting Discord server for MHW, might be an idea to do one for IB as well? 

2 hours ago, bendy_noodle said:

There used to be a Crown Hunting Discord server for MHW, might be an idea to do one for IB as well? 

Not sure about discord, I made a session to make a chat group in PSN.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, Shorah- said:

What i meant is that brute tigrex, gold rathian, silver rathalos, ruiner nergi and scarred yian garuga can be gold crown in guiding lands (see snowninjaraccoon's google doc). I highly doubt you can have a crown for fulgur anjanath in guiding lands. 

For Tigrex i would only focus on investigations with double/triple hunts. 

i got a giant gold crown nargacuga in the guiding lands. it would absolutely be faster doing investigations, but since i wasnt doing crown sniping just yet, the large gold crown was just a bonus surprise.

also got a mini gold crown for golden rathian on the optional quest with him and silver rathalos

Edited by EightBitArtist

On 29.9.2019 at 8:01 AM, PostGameBlues said:

I did the quest to go safe as well but i think you dont need them.

Otherwise ninja would have listed both of them on his listing except he was doing them before, ninja might can answer this question ?

Edited by KingTom95

21 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

I did the quest to go safe as well but i think you dont need them.

Otherwise ninja would have listed both of them on his listing except he was doing them before, ninja might can answer this question ?

Nope, I can't. I got them both done before getting the crowns on Iceborne. Deviljho crowns are super easy due to the event quest where you get them both for free and for Lunastra you can simply hunt her in High Rank with your Master Rank gear, which will make her super easy.

I got some measurements on my latest crows, hopefully this will help some people.

Spoiler

The four golds, tempered with 4 and just one bronze with golds and silver are indeed the way to go.

Finally got all crowns, just finishing research levels, mr level and sos help. Got an updated large teostra while sosing a highrank, nice bonus. Been playing for 3 hours a day since the release, definitely easier and quicker than the base game

2 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Finally got all crowns, just finishing research levels, mr level and sos help. Got an updated large teostra while sosing a highrank, nice bonus. Been playing for 3 hours a day since the release, definitely easier and quicker than the base game

For me it was longer than the base game since I had to figure out all the shit by myself xD Like the treasures, lynian research stuff, how the treasures actually work, how the guiding lands work etc.

8 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Wow that’s actually pretty damn fast, did you savescum at all or did you get by on the investigations the game gives you? I feel like my progress started out pretty nicely but then slowed down a good bit.

A small tip that helped me to get both Nergigante crowns in just 2 SOS runs and a bunch of other stuff.

I look for SOS requests that were launched a few minutes in and not immediately. When an HR999 launches SOS 2-3 minutes in, it's obvious that there will be a crown size dude or near it.

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

For me it was longer than the base game since I had to figure out all the shit by myself xD Like the treasures, lynian research stuff, how the treasures actually work, how the guiding lands work etc.

Those things are a pain in the arse, very boring and bad rewards for the trouble, I used a lot of your tips for that. Good thing is I was able to mix it up with crown sniping, less boring.

2 hours ago, Happy said:

Wow that’s actually pretty damn fast, did you savescum at all or did you get by on the investigations the game gives you? I feel like my progress started out pretty nicely but then slowed down a good bit.

Zero savescum, focused on getting my endgame GS build then went to crowns, just almost never gave the benefit of doubt to not lose time, only killed when I was sure It was a crown or bigger/smaller than my last attempt.

Guiding Lands - Large Goldian, Mini Rathalos, Large Tigrex, Large Nergigante and Mini Scarred

Arena - Large Rathalos, Large Paolomu, Mini Garuga

Optionals - Mini Goldian from Hymn

Events - Mini Beotodus from the Quest with 2

All others came from investigations, only one Pukei mini by Bssg, the rest only with better rewards. Did SOS a Lot and sniped half of the crowns by looking and killing monsters that werent the Quest target.

I got a large crown Seething Bazelguese from the new event that rewards armor spheres on the first time I did it. Nice to know you can get crowns from it, although I probably just got lucky. 

Missing Gold Rathian and Big Tobi now.

0 crowns from GL, Events, Arenas or Optionals, guess some people is lucky.

15 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

A small tip that helped me to get both Nergigante crowns in just 2 SOS runs and a bunch of other stuff.

I look for SOS requests that were launched a few minutes in and not immediately. When an HR999 launches SOS 2-3 minutes in, it's obvious that there will be a crown size dude or near it.

Yeah that's how I got both my Gold Rathian crowns yesterday. HR999 players that you could tell just sent the SOS after 3-4 mins of measuring the monster. This tip might not be as applicable to weaker and less desirable monsters like Beotodus but since investigations for late end game monsters like Gold Rathian are pretty much quickly filled the moment they appear on the SOS, you have to know something is up lol

Has anyone had any luck with the weekly quest The water blues? Trying to get minis for both of them.

Got both golden rathians, here are the measurements in Elder Recess, I used a shock trap when he was facing to the right side when you enter the area, and checked his left leg:

- Small: you should reach the spike he has on the knee.

- Big: There is a lighter part in the leg, divided by a kind of line, you should be below that line, even for a tiny bit, but being in the line is actually silver.

Bonus: you can get good investigations getting tracks in Elder’s, I had him at max level research.

Edited by BlackTorito

9 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Got both golden rathians, here are the measurements in Elder Recess, I used a shock trap when he was facing to the right side when you enter the area, and checked his left leg:

- Small: you should reach the spike he has on the knee.

- Big: There is a lighter part in the leg, divided by a kind of line, you should be below that line, even for a tiny bit, but being in the line is actually silver.

Bonus: you can get good investigations getting tracks in Elder’s, I had him at max level research.

Thanks that's super helpful! 

Would you also have a tip for the big crown on Rnergigante? I have been trying with horizontal row of spikes on last legs - by checking when he stops moving but even when my hunter was below them, it was still not a crown. Maybe there needs to be a small gap between them? 

I absolutely hate Tigrex. I cannot get his large or the brute's large. Finding him hard to size up

31 minutes ago, OrionsOdyssey said:

I absolutely hate Tigrex. I cannot get his large or the brute's large. Finding him hard to size up

For both Tigrex large crowns, I used the head size as an indicator. My Tigrex large crown had a huge head and since Brute Tigrex is bigger than normal Tigrex, its head was ridiculously massive. My tip is if you just think its big then its probably just a normal. It is kinda hard to tell but once you encounter the large crown you'll know lol. It's the same deal I had when farming for Barioth and Savage Jho's large crown. All of them looked big to me until I finally encountered the large crown version and I was like yep this is it, and sure enough I got the crowns.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Speaking of large crowns, does anybody have a good tip for identifying a Beotodus large crown? I'm losing my mind since theyre so hard to measure up.

2 hours ago, OrionsOdyssey said:

I used the kind of dark line he has on the back legs, wait for him until he is standing and put yourself against the “triangle shaped” back leg, you should be well below that line with a small gap, works for both Brute and Normal.

2 hours ago, Laozuli said:

Thanks that's super helpful! 

Would you also have a tip for the big crown on Rnergigante? I have been trying with horizontal row of spikes on last legs - by checking when he stops moving but even when my hunter was below them, it was still not a crown. Maybe there needs to be a small gap between them? 

Its really hard, I used his paw (the darker part at the end of the back foot). When he is walking, you will see his paw can be seen for a moment, if he is gold big, you might think his whole paw is almost the size of your character, thats all I can say.

4 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I used the kind of dark line he has on the back legs, wait for him until he is standing and put yourself against the “triangle shaped” back leg, you should be well below that line with a small gap, works for both Brute and Normal.

Its really hard, I used his paw (the darker part at the end of the back foot). When he is walking, you will see his paw can be seen for a moment, if he is gold big, you might think his whole paw is almost the size of your character, thats all I can say.

Cool, thx for the tip! I will try it out today :)