Miniature and Giant Crowns

3 hours ago, kerck11 said:

The easiest way to get small gold crowns is by doing a 1 bronze, 4 gold rewards, and by also racking up multiple quest with 2 or 3 monsters. I have 15 small gold crowns and 9 Giant Crowns. 

I'm still trying to figure out what quests to do for giant crowns, since I can't get 1 silver 1 gold quests

Mini crowns have a higher spawn rate than large crowns, it doesn't have anything to with with what kind of investigation you're doing. I think it was like 6% for mini 4% for large crowns from the base game if I remember correctly. I've gotten a lot of large crowns from 1 bronze 4 gold investigations too so it's not just for mini crowns. The best investigations in general for crowns are 1 bronze 4 gold, 1 silver 4 gold, 5 gold, 4 purple tempered boxes and 5 purple tempered boxes. However it' still worth doing investigations like 3 silver 1 gold or 1 bronze 2 silver 1 gold since I've gotten at least a handful of crowns from them. 

55 minutes ago, phunkyphenomenon said:

How did you guys measure giant crowns for both Savage Deviljho and Seething Bazelgeuse?  I'm constantly getting Giant Silvers from them.

For Large Savage Deviljho, when you walk up to him his leg joint (that ball like bump on his leg) should well be above your hunter's head. For Seething Bazelguese, when you shock trap him go to his left leg and your hunter's head should be under his thigh if not just slight touching it up to the first set of scales.

There's a lot to take into account while you're measuring monsters such as what angle your camera is currently in and how flat the terrain is (slopes will obviously lead to incorrect measurements). If you're using video guides for measuring crowns, it's best to take them more as general guidelines because of those things I've just mentioned.

Edited by PostGameBlues

But small gold crowns always spawnrd on my 1 bronze 4 gold quests. Pretty much all of the time. However the large crowns are not to be fck with cause damn luck wont let me kill one in 12 hours. I called in sick for 2 days and I only got 7 large gold crowns with the mix of racking up quest. 

On 10/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, PostGameBlues said:

For Large Savage Deviljho, when you walk up to him his leg joint (that ball like bump on his leg) should well be above your hunter's head. For Seething Bazelguese, when you shock trap him go to his left leg and your hunter's head should be under his thigh if not just slight touching it up to the first set of scales.

There's a lot to take into account while you're measuring monsters such as what angle your camera is currently in and how flat the terrain is (slopes will obviously lead to incorrect measurements). If you're using video guides for measuring crowns, it's best to take them more as general guidelines because of those things I've just mentioned.

I see... Guess I've been unlucky cause those are the signs that I usually look for.  Thanks.

I have only five giant crowns left to go.....

Edit:  Only Giant Bazel left. > <

Edited by phunkyphenomenon

On 20/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, Rodjeep said:

In Guiding Lands lv 6-7 , have u guys found gold crowns from the temper monsters that already exist there ??? 

Correct me if I am wrong because I found only when I lure them out . 

Probably just a coincidence, but kinda curious now that you mention it. Both of my Rajang crowns were from lures. I've gotten more Gold Crowns in The Guiding Lands after the Rajang update, but can't recall if they were from lures since I already have the trophies so I wasn't paying much attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Im only missing 2 Giant crowns (Lunastra and Silverlos) and i dont want to start another boosting session because of this.

Especially big silverlos giving me a headache since there is to much of a gap between smallest silver and smallest gold giant. 

If someone still missing Silverlos please hit me up and we can try to snipe him together. 

Update: I got Silverlos, still looking for Lunastra in any case.

Edited by KingTom95

Giant Sleep Balloon is my white whale. Measured like 70 of them the past 24 hours and not a single one big enough to warrant hunting has given me more than a silver. Burned all my temp and normal investigations so now I'm resorting to savescumming a BGGGG with just as much luck. No SoS's I've seen for it either. Not sure if I should keep grinding this one investigation or try GL or the new events. Just wanna be done with the stupid thing so I can move on to less annoying mons.

Edit: Finally got it from an expedition after going back to camp.

The new Every Hunter's Dream Events seem like good crown farming. Got a gold giant Coral from the very first EHD II and pretty sure I saw another in the 5 or so runs I did. Not sure about mini Coral or whether the Sleep Balloon or Narga that you fight in EHD III are golds since I've completed both those mons already but it may be worth running those a few times even after getting the new mats from them.

Edited by SpinyNormanBates

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:33 AM, MakoSOLIDER said:

Anyone get a gold crown zinogre from the Horizon event yet? 

I'm assuming you can get it from the event quest since I know someone who got the small crown of BV Vaal from RE event but I recommend you don't waste your time on it since investigations are way quicker in my experience.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, megatonante said:

I'm hunting for Beotodus crowns. Can I start a multihunt investigation where Beotodus is in, kill him in 2 minutes and then "return from quest"? I'd say that like this crown will be registered like with materials and points but you never know.

You can do this. Make sure you select return and not abandon

• Like 1