Yokai Watch 4 coming to PS4

DEI2EK

I'm gonna have hope that it gets localized in this version as i heard the switch version was gonna get a western release.

I like the Yo-Kai Watch franchise, i even watched half of the anime seasons/episodes. Hopefully people on this forum get excited about this jump to the PS4 and will get them interested in the series.

That's amazing news to me, I love Yokai Watch and I own every single game on the 3DS that has a western release! (Currently still playing through 3 as these games have so much content)

The only thing I find it strange is why have it on PS4 now especially since they are going straight to the 4th main entry and not remastering at least the previous main series games. I'm leaning towards getting it in the future on the Switch Lite as it feels more familiar to me!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

This series obviously isn't quite what Nintendo expected it to be long term. They wanted 'Pokemon 2' which it straight up was for a hot minute in Japan. That never translated over here. Nintendo doesn't let much go so it's cool to see this make it over. 

It's not a Nintendo franchise 

• Like 1

Nice!

So far I have only played the first one on the 3DS and enjoyed it. I even tried to get most of the content out of it. With trophy support it is propably going to be more grindy. Really interested how they will implement the touch mechanic because the touchpad on the dual shock doesnt seem appropiate for that kind of action. I always felt sorry for my touch screen on the 3DS because it involved a lot of rubbing and scratching.^^ 

Edited by Bobble_DD

5 hours ago, Angel said:

That's amazing news to me, I love Yokai Watch and I own every single game on the 3DS that has a western release! (Currently still playing through 3 as these games have so much content)

The only thing I find it strange is why have it on PS4 now especially since they are going straight to the 4th main entry and not remastering at least the previous main series games. I'm leaning towards getting it in the future on the Switch Lite as it feels more familiar to me!

Yokai Watch 4, and the series in general, is waning in popularity. Level-5 is probably trying to turn things around by expanding the market. I think if they're smart they'll announce the remake of the first game coming to PS4 soon/before this port as well. That way people know that they are committing to bringing over the other games eventually. So far the remake is only for Switch.

They should also port it to PC while they're at it. Level-5 should have went full multiplatform (at least PS/Nintendo) during the times they were making PSP/Vita/3DS games... around when they were making Little Battlers, but they pretty much screwed the PS players by making enhanced ports to 3DS later. Then saying they wouldn't do that, and then doing just that... but they said they wouldn't do another "Burst" edition and they instead named it something else. (pretty sure it was Burst for the first enhanced one too lazy to look it up). Then the next game tanked on PS because people knew better, and the series pretty much was fucked.

And Level-5 has been a mess ever since. They have so many problems. Heard the Ni no Kuni movie flopped. I forgot it was a thing. I don't see the point given it wasn't animated by Studio Ghibli, which is pretty much all anyone would want from an actual Ni no Kuni film. And after Ni no Kuni 2's terribad story and characters who would want to see a Ni no Kuni story without Ghibli involved? Level-5 alone produced that... if the movie is anything like that then it sucks.

*sigh* They should do what Capcom did with Pheonix Wright, and port a collection (or two) of Professor Layton over to other platforms. Including mobile. I know they still make new games, but they should focus on low cost efforts that can grow the brands they want to support going forward.

And ffs they need to stop chasing multimedia crazes. The times they work for Level-5, it's a fleeting success. You can't rely on that Level-5, when will you learn?

Wait really? So this is getting on other Console too, neat i guess! :yay:

I've never been a fan or followed it but coming to Ps4 i'll keep an eye on this title! Especially being Level 5, even if The Level 5 i so much Love isn't anymore since Dark Chronicle/Layton on Ds....

For sure if they Remake the First 3 Games i'll be interested in it!

I wonder if this mean that if Nintendo would stop paying Games Freak (She doesn't own the Studio overall right?) pokèmon would be out everywhere :awesome: 

Edited by Sora9427