Daily/weekly challenges have been restored! Plat is now possible!

2 hours ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

Will be making it a separate topic for visibility since this basically confirms ends of support.

Oh would you look at that? The original post has since be deleted.

False alarm.

Someone was impersonating a Ubisoft employee and they have now been banned.

https://kotaku.com/ubisoft-threatens-splinter-cell-fans-with-bans-if-they-1848121131

"A forum post, locked and pinned to the top of the game’s forums, has for the last 24 hours had Splinter Cell fans thinking that they were in for some drastic punishment if they continued sending in support tickets.

Ubisoft representatives now tell Kotaku that the post had been written by a user impersonating a Ubisoft employee, not a member of the support staff. It has been deleted, with the player responsible for the comments now also banned."

lol that was a bad troll, had me fooled for a while and almost made me play this game asap.

In hindsight it is a little strange that the ''employee'' only has 1 post, no avatar or title and a random name.

• Like 1

The thing is both Tara Reichley and Casey Blackwood both show up in Google search and on LinkedIn as working for Ubisoft.

Some questions I then have:

1) If it's a random troll, how did the person know those specific people's names and their titles?

2) The message looks a little too professional to be a random troll. Which points to it being an actual employee.

3) I don't believe it's an user impersonating an Ubisoft employee. If this were the case, it would happen with more legacy Ubisoft games (Far Cry 2, Driver San Francisco, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations PS3, etc). Because again, what's to stop the troll from copying/pasting the message, changing the word around, and posting it for a different game.

4) So it leads me to conclude it is an employee, but it blew up in Ubisoft's face and they instantly went on damage control and created the claim that "it's an user impersonating an employee."

Don't underestimate how much information people can obtain if they have enough time and dedication. Doxxing is a thing so someone finding names of company employees to impersonate is not an insane task.

It's not hard to make something look professional. There are enough company PR messages on various forums and social media sites to use as examples and after that, it's just using spellcheck and looking over grammar and formatting.

They might have targeted Blacklist because of how dedicated the fanbase is for it. It wasn't that long ago that there was a huge fan effort to get the challenges back online

If AC Revelations/Brotherhood was announced to have no support or ceasing online services, it would surprise no one since we have a newer game with multiplayer, Black Flag, and the online functionality for those older titles at this point is...well, it functions...enough. However, that is not the case for Splinter Cell. It's the latest game and nothing after it.

So targeting Blacklist was guaranteed to get more attention.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 5:26 AM, Seraphim_Rez said:

Some very dedicated fans never gave up, constantly sending tweets, posting on forums, and even sending complaints to the BBB.
Looks like the persistence had paid off as it has now been confirmed that the daily/weekly challenges have been fixed!

Here is a screen cap I took of the Ubisoft Splinter Cell Blacklist forums just minutes before posting this.

Captureubisoft.PNG

Happy trophy hunting fellow hunters!

I'm very happy for that. 

31 minutes ago, CobraSoldier said:

Hi!! Is still possible to achieve the online trophies?

Btw, I'm looking for a mate.

Thanks!!

Yes, it is. Most can be done solo in private even.

And randoms still play Team Deathmatch, so if you need some grindy daily objectives like Tag 100 People so your teammates can kill them - you can do it with them.

Beware though that it's glitchy.
Sadly, I can't help as my connection is rather shitty and game likes to freeze in MP on my end.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Omega-MkIII said:

Tried to play weekly Challenges with a friend and could not connect.

Is It not possíble to play with Just someone Else? Do I need a Full fireteam?

You can play with just someone else, or even alone. Just set up a private game and invite them. I imagine the servers aren't the best anymore so if you can't connect try having the other person host, or just keep trying. I'm playing on PC ATM and the weekly challenge is play 25 games of a specific game type. If it's the same on PS3 you can just do those by yourself (Again, private game)

So I'm trying to do the weekly challenge, but the damn thing wont show up I'm my challenges. I thought all of that got fixed. Any tips on what I should do here? It showed up earlier but I didn't pay much attention as I was trying to figure out how to play the game again. Now it won't show up at all.  Got the trophy for doing a daily challenge.

Edited by ginger252bread19

On 9/7/2022 at 6:19 PM, ginger252bread19 said:

So I'm trying to do the weekly challenge, but the damn thing wont show up I'm my challenges. I thought all of that got fixed. Any tips on what I should do here? It showed up earlier but I didn't pay much attention as I was trying to figure out how to play the game again. Now it won't show up at all.  Got the trophy for doing a daily challenge.

Weird, I'm actually doing the Weekly challenges (25 SvsM wins) and so far all is good but it takes a while because it takes 2 rounds instead of one as most of the Vs modes.

Hope this was solved eventually, this game is very good. I'll miss this MP tbh

2 hours ago, NajiLionheart said:

Weird, I'm actually doing the Weekly challenges (25 SvsM wins) and so far all is good but it takes a while because it takes 2 rounds instead of one as most of the Vs modes.

Hope this was solved eventually, this game is very good. I'll miss this MP tbh

I was able to get it thankfully. I booted the game up the next day and it was there. Grinded them all in one sitting. Just got the Co op trophies and I'll be done with the online. And yeah it is pretty good. I played the game years ago and this has made me miss Splinter Cell even more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NajiLionheart said:

You only need 1 round, solo, as Spy in SvsM Blacklist.

Setup private game and change sides so you immediately start as Spy. In match setting set game length 3 minutes, hacks 1, map mines. Immediately after start run to point A, hack laptop and done.

1 hour ago, NemesisXian said:

You only need 1 round, solo, as Spy in SvsM Blacklist.

Setup private game and change sides so you immediately start as Spy. In match setting set game length 3 minutes, hacks 1, map mines. Immediately after start run to point A, hack laptop and done.

Doesn't there need to be a round 2 so the other team has a chance to come back (Even if there is no other team)? AFAIK uplink control is the only one that needs one round since both teams are going for the same prize. Last weeks Weekly was uplink control. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 5:17 AM, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Anyone have a breakdown of everything that needs doing before MP shuts down if starting from scratch. Having a bit of trouble getting my head around it

under the splintercell blacklist trophy list. it's the last 12 trophy's, brigg's mission may become harder if don't have a spare person after the shutdown.

ShadowNet Online

Officer of the Day
Complete a Daily Challenge    

Seven Day Duty Shift
Complete a Spies vs Mercs Weekly Challenge    

Support Ops
Get 10 objective assists in Spies vs Mercs    

Lethal Versatility
Win a match in each Spies vs Mercs game mode    

Firearm Accessed
Unlock a Merc's Light Machine Gun    

Personal Kit
Unlock a custom loadout slot for Spy or Merc    

Trusted Agent
Achieve Rank 10 in Spies vs Mercs    

Rated Hacker
Hack a terminal in a Spies vs Mercs SvM Blacklist or SvM Classic match    

Rated Intel Courier
Carry home the intel in an Spies vs Mercs Extraction match    

Rated Aggressor
Capture a control point in a Spies vs Mercs Uplink Control match

Edited by Lordguwa

17 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

It looks like Weekly Challenge progress reset every 24 hours (I think). I got a few proximity mines kills yesterday and now it shows zero progress. When I checked in the morning my progress displayed the few kills I was able to get.

Knock those trophies out ASAP. Someone said the challenges weren’t showing up for him a week or two ago. 

Thankfully the one I did was 50 Frag Grenade kills which is easily boosted with a second person in a private match online. 

16 hours ago, Lordguwa said:

under the splintercell blacklist trophy list. it's the last 12 trophy's, brigg's mission may become harder if don't have a spare person after the shutdown.

Specifically the Missile Plant co-op mission. I’ll play it later this week to see how it goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Knock those trophies out ASAP. Someone said the challenges weren’t showing up for him a week or two ago. 

Thankfully the one I did was 50 Frag Grenade kills which is easily boosted with a second person in a private match online. 

Yeah, I got it earlier, 50 proximity mines kills in a private match with another person. Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone wondering the same thing:

Mercenaries who wear the UAV suit have a drone as their special tool. The drone is more swift and will explode instantly upon detonation. The down part is that it's loud enough for spies to hear it's rotors and can be destroyed by gunfire and tools.

• Like 1