Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Buu Arc Teaser Trailer

TugaSonic

xMrhbbn.jpg

Bandai Namco has revealed a new trailer that teases the Buu Arc in the next Dragon Ball Z game.

As was revealed earlier the trailer also confirms the release date of January 17th in Europe and America with Japan receiving the game one day earlier on January 16th.

Spoiler

Also get ready to learn to drive with Goku and Piccolo

UzI4YHM.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

xMrhbbn.jpg

Bandai Namco has revealed a new trailer that teases the Buu Arc in the next Dragon Ball Z game.

As was revealed earlier the trailer also confirms the release date of January 17th in Europe and America with Japan receiving the game one day earlier on January 16th.

Reveal hidden contents

Also get ready to learn to drive with Goku and Piccolo

UzI4YHM.jpg

Even the cover looks bland!?

On 9/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, TugaSonic said:

On the trailer, it was shown the collector's edition that showed a diorama, on the official website the price is €299.99.

Hide contents

l4akyqr.jpg

My only question is where does the nimbus/cloud coming from?

Looks like a fart from the position. xD

It's $199.95 in the US. 

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Looks like a fart from the position. xD

It's $199.95 in the US. 

$329.95 in Australia if you were lucky enough to get one. Ebgames did a 12pm limited pre-order that sold out in under 30 seconds, paid for mine refreshed and it was sold out.

Edited by sh4d0wzcs

For the first time in ,well, a lot of years, i'm interested in a DBZ Game! Game look big and fun and above all it Covers only the Z World! If it stays like this and the " Extra episodes announced are from Movies like Janeba and Broly for Example then i'll surely get his one!

If instead is something about super, nah screw it hard pass.

For me it really depends if it will stays Z or not as Series the game is about. 

On 9/23/2019 at 7:37 PM, Sora9427 said:

For the first time in ,well, a lot of years, i'm interested in a DBZ Game! Game look big and fun and above all it Covers only the Z World! If it stays like this and the " Extra episodes announced are from Movies like Janeba and Broly for Example then i'll surely get his one!

If instead is something about super, nah screw it hard pass.

For me it really depends if it will stays Z or not as Series the game is about. 

Considering they specifically called it "Dragon Ball Z", I'm going to assume it's only going to be Z related. Unlike something like Xenoverse or FighterZ, which specifically use "Dragon Ball" to encompass more than one of the shows. 

Personally, I think we should be getting games that encompass EVERYTHING by now, DB, Z, Super and GT (and the surrounding movies), I'm kind of sick of Bamco always using their first game as a testing ground then we get the ACTUAL fleshed out game in the sequel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Considering they specifically called it "Dragon Ball Z", I'm going to assume it's only going to be Z related. Unlike something like Xenoverse or FighterZ, which specifically use "Dragon Ball" to encompass more than one of the shows. 

Personally, I think we should be getting games that encompass EVERYTHING by now, DB, Z, Super and GT (and the surrounding movies), I'm kind of sick of Bamco always using their first game as a testing ground then we get the ACTUAL fleshed out game in the sequel. 

That argument is actually obsolete.

I'd like to agree with that, but that's unreasonable and stupid. Every single Dragon Ball related game from now until the end of time should not always only incorporate every Saga of the franchise that exist, for obvious reasons. Now with games like Battle of Z, Xenoverse, Xenoverse 2, and FighterZ, those are fair and make sense, being more multiplayer focused than story and all. Perhaps in Kararot's case it'd also be justified, since the game isn't focused on the timeline from when he was a kid to early adulthood (Saiyan Saga). So, Battle of Gods Saga, Golden Frieza Saga, "Future" Trunks Saga, etc. Seems biased otherwise, considering the story goes well beyond the Saiyan Saga.

Edited by EcoShifter

9 hours ago, Viper said:

Oh it's Bandai we are talking so the Title really doesn't count with them sadly, if they want money they'll make some super releated stuff that's what i'm worried about this game.

I Agree/Disagree because i LOVE GT, i think i'm one of the few people that likes more GT than the the other sagas in the series. Instead i don't like Super at all so if there is something super releated i won't care.

The Best would be to actually doing 3 sepaarted games about this "Sagas"/Series whatever, so who likes one get that or not, now just do Z, then GT and last Super that would be great! But ti's Bandai so i'll doubt it and we'll see just lik 20 DLCs out for this game instead....

While I'm happy that we're getting this game (since it looks awesome!!), I really wanted them to start at the very beginning and only after that cover the "Z" portion. There are very few games covering early Dragon Ball and none of them cover it in its entirety. The closest we've got was Advance Adventure for the Game Boy Advance.

Oh well, maybe in a sequel...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Oh it's Bandai we are talking so the Title really doesn't count with them sadly, if they want money they'll make some super releated stuff that's what i'm worried about this game.

Has nothing at all to do with Bandai Namco. The titles have been inconsistent throughout the entire franchise, across different developers and publishers.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:13 PM, EcoShifter said:

That argument is actually obsolete.

I'd like to agree with that, but that's unreasonable and stupid. Every single Dragon Ball related game from now until the end of time should not always only incorporate every Saga of the franchise that exist, for obvious reasons. Now with games like Battle of Z, Xenoverse, Xenoverse 2, and FighterZ, those are fair and make sense, being more multiplayer focused than story and all. Perhaps in Kararot's case it'd also be justified, since the game isn't focused on the timeline from when he was a kid to early adulthood (Saiyan Saga). So, Battle of Gods Saga, Golden Frieza Saga, "Future" Trunks Saga, etc. Seems biased otherwise, considering the story goes well beyond the Saiyan Saga.

The longer Dragon Ball goes on...(and that looks to be awhile considering Super is set to return at some point). Then the more I'm going to feel this way. It makes no sense to just give us a game based on a single show...the existence of Dragon Ball doesn't just survive by Z anymore. Love it or hate it, Super is massively successful, and completely rejuvenated the franchise (that never really died though).  So including ALL of it, in an RPG game meant to retread the history of Goku...makes the most sense in this day and age. So I don't know what your "obvious reasons" are...if it's technology based then that makes even less sense considering we have the tech NOW to be able to handle a massive game like Kakarot and encompass the entirety of Goku's story. 

16 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

I Agree/Disagree because i LOVE GT, i think i'm one of the few people that likes more GT than the the other sagas in the series. Instead i don't like Super at all so if there is something super releated i won't care.

The Best would be to actually doing 3 sepaarted games about this "Sagas"/Series whatever, so who likes one get that or not, now just do Z, then GT and last Super that would be great! But ti's Bandai so i'll doubt it and we'll see just lik 20 DLCs out for this game instead....

Doing three separate games is what I DON'T want them to do. All that means if they're just repeating past mistakes. I mean, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is probably my favorite fighting game of all time...but playing through that story AGAIN felt tedious. All because their idea was to give us the same game again, with minor improvements and a bigger roster. Xenoverse was on the right track by trying to give us something original. 

So to assume Kakarot is going to be a new series, getting eventual sequels...I don't want them just retread the same old idea in the next game and adding minor improvements and one more show only to have to replay Z anyways. Only to turn around and doing it AGAIN in a third game...because all that does is make it feel like playing 1 and 2 was never worth it. 

I get it...some people don't like GT, some people don't like Super....I love ALL of it. I want all of it in one game...one game that's made right the first time. Not using the first game as a testing ground to make minor improvements to later, with what ends up essentially being the same game. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Viper said:

The longer Dragon Ball goes on...(and that looks to be awhile considering Super is set to return at some point). Then the more I'm going to feel this way. It makes no sense to just give us a game based on a single show

...the existence of Dragon Ball doesn't just survive by Z anymore. Love it or hate it, Super is massively successful, and completely rejuvenated the franchise (that never really died though).

So including ALL of it, in an RPG game meant to retread the history of Goku...makes the most sense in this day and age.

So I don't know what your "obvious reasons" are...if it's technology based then that makes even less sense considering we have the tech NOW to be able to handle a massive game like Kakarot and encompass the entirety of Goku's story. 

Yes it does, especially when Z itself is a big and the biggest series. Seems obvious you haven't applied this mentality to other franchises across all different medias. It's a bad idea, way too demanding, and incredibly predictable. Certain installments should be allowed to focus or cater to whatever eras/series they want. Having Z and Super be shoehorned in every DB game going forward is a terrible concept.

All of that is correct, but it doesn't support the precise massive argument you've been making. (I like DBS btw, and the God forms' designs are heavily misunderstood.)

Yes, in the case of this game, your point isn't too bad, which is again due to the confirmation that the Goku story goes past the Saiyan Saga rather than ending at it.

Technology is part of it. Consoles still aren't that powerful and are inferior to PC. Massive downgrades and other factors like more budget and time would all be needed to make what it is you're asking for. Even if technology was there, it's not all purely about technology anyway, especially with a brand new installment that had to create everything from scratch.. rather than burrowing assets from a previous installment. DBS isn't only on the early God and Golden Frieza Saga anymore, they're well beyond that now, so that's a lot more content that'd need to be made. The only thing that definitely should be included are the two aforementioned arcs, as they were made a part of Z timeline thanks to the movies preceding DBS and isn't terribly too much more content to create.

I'm going to assume releasing following sagas as (paid) dlc won't alleviate your complaints, because naturally you'd personally feel cheated needing to pay for it. But if they did so for free, that'd be completely fine. 

Edited by EcoShifter

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Doing three separate games is what I DON'T want them to do. All that means if they're just repeating past mistakes. I mean, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is probably my favorite fighting game of all time...but playing through that story AGAIN felt tedious. All because their idea was to give us the same game again, with minor improvements and a bigger roster. Xenoverse was on the right track by trying to give us something original. 

So to assume Kakarot is going to be a new series, getting eventual sequels...I don't want them just retread the same old idea in the next game and adding minor improvements and one more show only to have to replay Z anyways. Only to turn around and doing it AGAIN in a third game...because all that does is make it feel like playing 1 and 2 was never worth it. 

I get it...some people don't like GT, some people don't like Super....I love ALL of it. I want all of it in one game...one game that's made right the first time. Not using the first game as a testing ground to make minor improvements to later, with what ends up essentially being the same game. 

I mean i get your point, this doesn't change that if Something of Super is in a DB game i won't play it, that's just my thought :P  

Being such a Massive series is bound to have people not liking every single Saga in it, we don't have a good game about Goku as a Kid for example since when, first Ps2 Era? It always start from the Sayan Saga in Z every time. 

Plus it's Bandai, i don't know your thought but i'm no a fan of Bandai in the current generation. Not for the games, for how they treat them. 

27 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

Gamespot released a comparison video between the anime and the game's cutscenes:

Now we know what the Storm team has been doing for the last three years...

Animation doesn't look as great as the Naruto Storm games, but unlike those games this one is openworld, 60fps(?), and appears to have far more gameplay elements, so it's all good.