Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

6 minutes ago, InDebt3Fiddy said:

will the grand kingdom platinum become unobtainable? 

No, there is no trophy tied to playing online. It simply makes getting the trophies easier and lessen the time to obtain the platinum trophy. With the server shutdown it will increase the time for grinding making it longer than the 100+ hours already required for the platinum in its current state. 

• Like 2

Game has been on PS+ (february 2018) for vita and PS4.

No reason for me to skip it. I will see how far I can get..

4 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I believe collecting 20 flags is also an issue with the closure. I tried the methods mentioned in the guide (except buying the dlc) but the only way to get 20 was to play online wars. I got many from there

Thanks for the mention of this. Seems like the guide writer might also hint at a bug ?

" Flags can be accumulated in many ways. They can very rarely be found as Quest rewards. They even turn up during Infiltration-type Quests in Treasure Chests. They can occasionally be found as part of post-combat rewards during online wars. The most reliable way of obtaining one is by forming a contract with any of the 4 nations and talking to the civilians and soldiers in the Town Square of a Capital City. This will net you one flag per day. However, it's been reported that this last method doesn't seem to work every time. If that applies to you, then the best way to obtain flags would be to fight battles in online wars. "

The sudden jump of "well if this does not work, then play online"  eh.  maybe @acasser@Dragon-Archon can clarify?

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

If I (or anyone) begin playing this game now, can the trophy for flags be knocked out early via online boosting, or is it something only obtainable later in the game?

I don't know if or how you can boost but if you play against AI, you need a decent party to finish the battle quickly. I believe getting all flags was the last thing i did

8 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

However, it's been reported that this last method doesn't seem to work every time. If that applies to you, then the best way to obtain flags would be to fight battles in online wars. "

The sudden jump of "well if this does not work, then play online"  eh.  maybe @acasser@Dragon-Archon can clarify?

Actually, Dragon added that note after i sent him a pm that i got almost all flags from online wars and the other methods didn't work. It may be best to ask some of the latest achievers

24 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I believe collecting 20 flags is also an issue with the closure. I tried the methods mentioned in the guide (except buying the dlc) but the only way to get 20 was to play online wars. I got many from there

The DLC appears to be individual flags on the PSN store for a buck a piece.  There are twenty different flags listed for purchase.

14 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

The DLC appears to be individual flags on the PSN store for a buck a piece.  There are twenty different flags listed for purchase.

7 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Then it should be fine, you also get one for reaching S level

I checked both EU and NA store, but I only count 10 flags... (still 10 is better then nothing)

Edited by Bumperklever

13 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

What trophies may be the hardest grind from this after online shuts down? I probably won't grind out the whole game out the gate but if some can be alleviated before closure it's better then nothing.

Learning every skill on one of your units. You have to level up different units in order to create an item with the skill they learn. The fastest way is to have a party with 2 or 3 main high level units and then get 1 or 2 units you want to level up. Play online wars against strong teams and get a lot of exp. I don't know if there is any good spot in campaign mode for exp.

Also be aware that units learn different skills (i mean the same unit). Meaning that you may level up a unit that will never learn the skill you want, therefore you have to try again with a different one of the same class

4 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Learning every skill on one of your units. You have to level up different units in order to create an item with the skill they learn. The fastest way is to have a party with 2 or 3 main high level units and then get 1 or 2 units you want to level up. Play online wars against strong teams and get a lot of exp. I don't know if there is any good spot in campaign mode for exp.

Also be aware that units learn different skills (i mean the same unit). Meaning that you may level up a unit that will never learn the skill you want, therefore you have to try again with a different one of the same class

Thanks for the tips man I'll look up more info on the game tonite. Is there named units that guaranteed certain moves like Fire Emblem for example by the way, or is more random generation like XCOM? 

Well, this stinks. Didn't even know online could lessen the burden.

Two weeks is just not enuff for me to even make a dent in this game and unfortunately I couldn't even start right now even if I wanted to.

I guess I'll just have to deal with the grind (I don't mind) and/or spending a few extra bucks (only as last resort) later.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:16 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

As long as everything is still obtainable...how much time is the online exploit post to save anyways? 

Putting the flag issues aside for just a second, it will at the very best double the time needed to level up the units you need to copy skills from, then it adds up in time equivalent to each character you just leveled up in vain because they didn't learn that one skill you needed. Worst case scenario, new players will probably have to add another 50+ hours just dedicated to leveling and finding flags cuz it really depends on luck.

Then we have the flag issue, even in the game it states very clearly that non-online stages will so rarely offer those as a bounty, so take that into consideration and multiply the time it took you (if you were lucky) to get a singular flag by 20. Well i guess you could just buy those from the PSN Store, but that would be a turn off to a lot of people i can imagine.

I'm stating these as someone who got the plat like 2 years ago and can vividly remember the nightmare (and that was with online)

My tip for offline-leveling would be to make use of Bounty Quests. I think they offer the most EXP, not sure.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Thanks for the tips man I'll look up more info on the game tonite. Is there named units that guaranteed certain moves like Fire Emblem for example by the way, or is more random generation like XCOM? 

Units are based on Class (fighter, magician, archer etc). I remember finding a post where someone wrote down some patterns, so you will know what your unit will learn later on.For example, if your fighter learns X move on level 10, Y move on level 15 and Z move on level 25, then on level 52 he will learn A move. Now, if you were looking for a fighter that learns B move on level 52, you could stop leveling him if he had the pattern i just wrote.

Still i advise you to start now, the platinum time isn't 100 hours atm.

It's most like 50-60 hours plus learning the skill Short Sights which is like the treasures in Uncharted 3.

I believe that the plat time will be over 150+ hours offline just because you lose the easy exp method

Edited by sephiroth4424