Walt the Dog

Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

468 posts in this topic

man trying to get Short Sight's and well f*** game must hate me steps taken 65070 and still nothing >_> starting to think why am I doing this? lol 

It just occurred to me-

There likely will be some players who haven't had their war contract expire or cancelled before server shutdown for various reasons. In that case, they're going to be limited to quests whose nations aren't hostile with the current war contract.

But wouldn't it be possible to cancel the war contract post-shutdown and make a new war contract to temporarily open up those locked out quests? One could then repeat this method of cancelling and making new contract to open up the nation quests as long as there's plenty of gold.

That's already addressed in the PSA. You cannot make or revoke contracts in offline mode so the state of the save will run indefinitely.

You can revoke the contract by paying a sum of x (apparently up to 30% of your bank) PRIOR to game going offline, but then the Contracting nation will turn hostile and deny access to their quests and capital instead. Now it's a good question whether there some other timer to this instead of "x amount of wars" as anywhere else. If it's x amount of wars and the contract ban doesn't run out, you'll only trade one permanent hostility to another.

Just now, ShadowX077 said:

HOLY SHIT I FINALLY GOT SHORT SIGHTS!!! just after 95070 steps 😵 

wow rng really hates you

at least you probably got a large amount of support skills if not all of them with that many steps

Just now, DEI2EK said:

wow rng really hates you

at least you probably got a large amount of support skills if not all of them with that many steps

Yes just need 2 more then I should get the trophy I was about to say f*** it and play something else today lol  

1 minute ago, ShadowX077 said:

Yes just need 2 more then I should get the trophy I was about to say f*** it and play something else today lol  

i'm trying to find short sights too, hopefully it doesn't take me 95k steps lmao

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

i'm trying to find short sights too, hopefully it doesn't take me 95k steps lmao

Well shit I hope it doesn't take that long for you too hope you get it sooner then me I been doing this since 6am and its now 15:28pm lol 

This is somewhat off-topic, but it doesn't really make sense to start a new thread. Just wanted to state that I'm really enjoying this game, although it did take me a few hours to get over the initial difficulty hump. I play a lot of games shortly before they're shut down, but this is one of the few that I actually wish would stay around longer.

Granted, I haven't done the "all skills" trophy yet, but I already have Short Sights and I don't mind a bit of a grind, especially if the game is fun. I do wish it had a little more content for higher-level parties as it seems like gear and skills max out around 50. Maybe some more options for crafting high-level gear. There's really no reason to level to 99 aside from the trophy and to make the bounties trivial, although I do like the ability to build a party that can steamroll everything.

Any recommendations for similar games?

7 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

This is somewhat off-topic, but it doesn't really make sense to start a new thread. Just wanted to state that I'm really enjoying this game, although it did take me a few hours to get over the initial difficulty hump. I play a lot of games shortly before they're shut down, but this is one of the few that I actually wish would stay around longer.

Granted, I haven't done the "all skills" trophy yet, but I already have Short Sights and I don't mind a bit of a grind, especially if the game is fun. I do wish it had a little more content for higher-level parties as it seems like gear and skills max out around 50. Maybe some more options for crafting high-level gear. There's really no reason to level to 99 aside from the trophy and to make the bounties trivial, although I do like the ability to build a party that can steamroll everything.

I think Grand Kingdom is sort of a spiritual sequel to this game, i haven't played it but Grand Knights History on PSP.

Similar concept and themes i think

25 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

all the high lvl gear you get is on online war

31 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I think Fallen Legion Flames Of Rebellion kinda looks like it

15 minutes ago, ShadowX077 said:

all the high lvl gear you get is on online war

That's what I mean. Picked up a King's Spike from wars (from a level 96 crew) and it's still only level 51. I literally haven't seen anything found, looted, or crafted higher than around that, which feels weird.

Fallen Legion Flames Of Rebellion looks cool, I may check that out. Thanks.

58 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

That's what I mean. Picked up a King's Spike from wars (from a level 96 crew) and it's still only level 51. I literally haven't seen anything found, looted, or crafted higher than around that, which feels weird.

Fallen Legion Flames Of Rebellion looks cool, I may check that out. Thanks.

ah I see what you mean yeah I wish they give you more for higher lvl but yea I was looking at Fallen Legion Flames Of Rebellion as I have it was a free game 

Hey guys I hope you're still going strong with getting what you can while the servers are still online 🤗 I have a question regarding leveling up skill mastery for gran grimoires. Do you get the same amount of exp towards leveling up skills regardless of if you play online against high-level AI squads or offline against the game's AI? 

18 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hey guys I hope you're still going strong with getting what you can while the servers are still online 1f917.png I have a question regarding leveling up skill mastery for gran grimoires. Do you get the same amount of exp towards leveling up skills regardless of if you play online against high-level AI squads or offline against the game's AI? 

I believe the answer is yes, but on a related note I've noticed that sending a troop as a detachment only seems to yield half the skill exp per battle. It also tops out at 10 battles. Still, not bad for a passive gain.

11 hours ago, ars said:

That's already addressed in the PSA. You cannot make or revoke contracts in offline mode so the state of the save will run indefinitely.

You can revoke the contract by paying a sum of x (apparently up to 30% of your bank) PRIOR to game going offline, but then the Contracting nation will turn hostile and deny access to their quests and capital instead. Now it's a good question whether there some other timer to this instead of "x amount of wars" as anywhere else. If it's x amount of wars and the contract ban doesn't run out, you'll only trade one permanent hostility to another.

I find myself a bit confused by what this means. Perhaps because I am so new to the game. Can you explain what we actually need to do to avoid having trouble regarding this?

8 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Darkest Dungeon is a really fun turn based and I love the aesthetic of that game. Still need to go back and do all the DLC. 

43 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Darkest Dungeon is a really fun turn based and I love the aesthetic of that game. Still need to go back and do all the DLC. 

Good call, I've actually been meaning to pick that up anyway. I've heard good things.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:37 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

A heads up in case anyone is using my unit: my contract with Landerth has expired and I've changed my allegiance to another nation to check if I can get a flag the next day.

The most common I found are some of the later Uldein story missions, those have lots of black slimes. There are a few travel quests that also have slimes, but I can't remember which ones. Also, don't waste your time with blue slimes. AFAIK those don't eat units.

I did a lot of save scumming to visit each nation the next day to see if there's a flag available, and I think you never get a flag 1st day of your contract, therefore I find it more advantageous to sign a 5 war contract, from which I got a free flag for each day following the 1st day of the contract in the plaza. As I tried 1 war contract, and then contract again for 1 war, and would only get a flag every 2 days.

4 hours ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

I find myself a bit confused by what this means. Perhaps because I am so new to the game. Can you explain what we actually need to do to avoid having trouble regarding this?

Be off contract before server closure.

36 minutes ago, minh2t said:

I did a lot of save scumming to visit each nation the next day to see if there's a flag available, and I think you never get a flag 1st day of your contract, therefore I find it more advantageous to sign a 5 war contract, from which I got a free flag for each day following the 1st day of the contract in the plaza. As I tried 1 war contract, and then contract again for 1 war, and would only get a flag every 2 days.

I think you're expecting to get a flag based on signing a Contract, but the trigger is elsewhere. Also this is not savescummable, neither can you visit any capital except the one you contracted with.

You get a flag after each End of War if you're in Contract.

2 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

Scroll farming:

MAG & SP

Reveal hidden contents

Orb exp & SPI

Reveal hidden contents

CON

Reveal hidden contents

STR & TEC

Reveal hidden contents

AGI & STM

Reveal hidden contents

nice thank you for this.

15 hours ago, RNumbers said:

You get blueprints from the tougher bounties that are a little better than the King's weapons, but not by much.