Walt the Dog

Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

468 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

@FilooGaroo like @minh2t said, my comment was made specifically for the situation of conair. As I thought you could not get skills on capitals you never contracted. which means that if you abandoned your contracted kingdom, you're pretty much f.

My initial comment was made on what I see while in war. Never in ceasefire. After a small test, it seems I could get support skills from every nation including the ones I was never contracted with before. Yes from the guard obviously, but still. It worked for 'still contracted' me and I don't see why it would be different when you abadoned the contract. So you can ignore my initial comment :3

I knew it was meant for me, but I will save that one for last and grab another contract if I can't get it in any other way. 

2 hours ago, K--ombinat_ll said:

how can i quickly collect exp for the skills?

From what I understand experience is gained from number of battles fought. Some say that fleeing from battles count as well and is quicker than actually fighting 

2 hours ago, ConAir said:

I knew it was meant for me, but I will save that one for last and grab another contract if I can't get it in any other way. 

I'm not sure you understand the situation. Making a contract, revoking a contract, end of war, declaration of war and any change in faction relations all depended on the now defunct online service. Whatever your diplomatic status is on the save, it's now permanent.

3 hours ago, K--ombinat_ll said:

how can i quickly collect exp for the skills?

20xp per battle, doesn't need to be won. So if you have a fast troop 50 escapes in any Travel battle does it. You can increase the gain up to 60xp per battle for attack skills only, equipping the relevant pyroxene.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

@FilooGaroo like @minh2t said, my comment was made specifically for the situation of conair. As I thought you could not get skills on capitals you never contracted. which means that if you abandoned your contracted kingdom, you're pretty much f.

This is not true. I broke contract with Fiel, it's permanently closed off now, but anytime I visit another capital after 500 steps, the first one I visit will always provide a support skill.

Edit: possibly I have been in contract with some of them previously, but can't remember.

Edited by fbdbh

Posted (edited)

We have 2 problem situations for the Flag Collector trophy for new players who don't have 10 flags yet and could complete them by buying the DLC Flag Set with 10 flags.

1) For those just starting out now (who can buy the DLC Flag Set), you still need to earn 2 offline flags.

2) For those who started playing before the server shut down, and who managed to win at least 2 flags, but got stuck in a contract, and with that can not play infiltration missions and win the 6 flags offline ... which will allow you to achieve a maximum of 14 flags.

It would be great to contact NIS America for:

1) Confirm if it is even possible to conquer the flags in offline mode.

2) Request a breach of contract solution that requires connection to online mode.

3) Request a patch / fix for the game to balance the game, as it was lost a lot with server shutdowns. And let this solution be available in every region that the game is released.

4) Provide a new set of flags via DLC so that the number of 20 can be reached.

I found these ways to contact NISA, but if anyone knows of a more efficient way to contact the developers, please report here.

[email protected]

https://nisamerica.com/blog/grand-kingdom-end-service

https://www.facebook.com/NISAmericaInc/

https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/contact/

*** Update: To solve the problem of infiltration missions that cannot be accessed due to the existence of an active contract, you must execute the update quests option (in quests menu) and pay the gold amount required for this action.

Edited by Big_Borba
Update info.

Can you not get Short Sights from a RNG Barr fight?

The best solution for the Flag trophy, would be to change the requirements so you only need a handful of flags instead of 20.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Big_Borba said:

It would be great to contact NIS America for:

NIS America seems to be in deep financial troubles, low number of games are sold at increasingly cheaper prices, this server shutdown is likely a big financial decision as well.

I don't think that any of the developers are going to touch the game anymore, that's more than unlikely.

17 minutes ago, Big_Borba said:

4) Provide a new set of flags via DLC so that the number of 20 can be reached.

This won't work either, because then the platinum would be tied to mandatory DLC purchase, which is a big no-no.

Edited by fbdbh

19 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

NIS America seems to be in deep financial troubles, low number of games are sold at increasingly cheaper prices, this server shutdown is likely a big financial decision as well.

I don't think that any of the developers are going to touch the game anymore, that's more than unlikely.

This won't work either, because then the platinum would be tied to mandatory DLC purchase, which is a big no-no.

NIS Japan are the ones in financial trouble, NISA is a separate company and they do fine saleswise

2 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

Can you not get Short Sights from a RNG Barr fight?

I don't think Barr drops support skills. I think he only drops abilities. However, one lv96 Barr kill grants enough xp to go from lv1 to about lv8 which is around where you get your first support skill so will tell you what skills that unit will get. Short Sights you can get for turning in your 500 steps to the castle. So I fought Barr while doing steps to determine if a character was worth leveling. In the end I only needed 2 support skills from grimoires.

As others have mentioned, running from battle is the fastest to master skills. It takes 56 battles which is maybe 20 minutes to get to mastery 1 (so you can use an orb).

See post #5 fro the skill patterns: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/169575-grand-kingdom/74148361

Has the server shutdown presented any other issues beyond the flag trophy? I'm wanting to know how much of a grind I have before I commit fully. 

23 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Has the server shutdown presented any other issues beyond the flag trophy? I'm wanting to know how much of a grind I have before I commit fully. 

Considering Short Sights is only available from capital leaders after every 500 steps on the map, and it's IIRC a 1:43 chance, the "how grindy" directly relates to your luck. I met no other real handicaps, than not being able to start a battle every few seconds and spinning to win. So to grind support Mastery the fastest (which you need for the offline powerlevel), you need to keep escaping from battle with a high ACT group. This is a little slower than War.

Doing the story campaign, bounties etc and having actual fun with the game will get you the Mastery eventually, albeit even slower, though this isn't related to online existing or not.

On 2019-10-02 at 0:41 AM, Bumperklever said:

My initial comment was made on what I see while in war. Never in ceasefire. After a small test, it seems I could get support skills from every nation including the ones I was never contracted with before. Yes from the guard obviously, but still. It worked for 'still contracted' me and I don't see why it would be different when you abadoned the contract. So you can ignore my initial comment :3

Why am i tagged lol

While asking NISA to open another path to the platinum and generally balance the game is a nice idea, I would point out the the Tokyo Tattoo Girls platinum has been broken since release and NISA hasn't bothered to do anything about, so, sadly, I doubt they care whether the platinum can be achieved or not.  

I don't know if it is a matter of apathy or lack of resources, but patching doesn't seem to be their thing.

do we know if the JP servers were also closed?

So 17 pages in to this thread (really good stuff, too), and I've read a bit, but am still wondering, if anyone knows with certainty that the plat is fully obtainable offline or not.

4 hours ago, Helmet_time said:

While asking NISA to open another path to the platinum and generally balance the game is a nice idea, I would point out the the Tokyo Tattoo Girls platinum has been broken since release and NISA hasn't bothered to do anything about, so, sadly, I doubt they care whether the platinum can be achieved or not.  

I don't know if it is a matter of apathy or lack of resources, but patching doesn't seem to be their thing.

Keep in mind NISA is the publisher and not the developper for Grand Kingdom, so it may also be why there is a discrepancy with the server closing a day before the announced time. A lot of it may be out of their control

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

So 17 pages in to this thread (really good stuff, too), and I've read a bit, but am still wondering, if anyone knows with certainty that the plat is fully obtainable offline or not.

No one has been able to substantiate getting flags offline (other than the 8 "guaranteed" ones, which is not enough). It's impossible to prove a negative, but unless someone comes up with something concrete, the assumption should be that it is currently unobtainable.

38 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

No one has been able to substantiate getting flags offline (other than the 8 "guaranteed" ones, which is not enough). It's impossible to prove a negative, but unless someone comes up with something concrete, the assumption should be that it is currently unobtainable.

What are the names of the guarantee flags (or missions where we get them)?

I'm still playing, so, I can keep an eye on rewards and report if I find anything unusual. 

I just got Short Sight, but I'm still looking for 1 skill and slowly lvl up another skills (or looking for Orbs of Training), as well as need over half the PP, so, I will still be around for a long while... 

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

What are the names of the guarantee flags (or missions where we get them)?

I'm still playing, so, I can keep an eye on rewards and report if I find anything unusual. 

I just got Short Sight, but I'm still looking for 1 skill and slowly lvl up another skills (or looking for Orbs of Training), as well as need over half the PP, so, I will still be around for a long while... 

The flags you can obtain offline are from Infiltration quest, each of the Infiltration quests has a gold chest which rewards the player with a specific flag.

If you search on youtube: "Grand Kingdom Infiltration" You'll find very nice little videos of each quest and where to obtain them during the quests. They all requires specific field skills to remove obstacles, so look the video up to prepare accordingly.

Here are a few example links:

Infiltration: Wasteland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycs_fhtSA34

Infiltration: Forest Zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdcRZFSkn1c

Edited by minh2t

Thanks, now I know what not to look for (I have the Flag trophy for a while now, I just wanted to make sure not to report getting flags offline that are already counted in the known 8 guarantee). 

18 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

It is unobtainable right now, unless you had at least 2 flags from wars and is willing to buy a DLC containing 10 flags. It is possible to get only 8 offline flags. 

18 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Are the eight guaranteed flags you mention the S rank related flags (or whatever they are)?  

11 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Are the eight guaranteed flags you mention the S rank related flags (or whatever they are)?  

There's 1 default flag (Fledgling), one for reaching S rank, and 6 flags that are guaranteed drops from chests in each of the Infiltration quests.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:05 AM, DarkSoleride said:

Congrats mate, i managed to do the same 2 flags from online and 10 from DLC :D now i can get back to FFX-2 and Sorcery Saga after that mini scare, this game really did not need to connect trophies to the online portion of Grand Kingdom... 

Oh sorcery saga...what a terrible game.

For a fun (long) read check out @TheYuriG review on .org