Walt the Dog

Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

468 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

There's 1 default flag (Fledgling), one for reaching S rank, and 6 flags that are guaranteed drops from chests in each of the Infiltration quests.

Thanks for the specific answer, and rats that it seems the plat isn't obtainable.  Maybe we'll be tossed a bone and more flags will appear for purchase on the PSN store, or perhaps some other miracle will occur.  

Has anyone tried to contact Spike Chunsoft instead of NISA?

I have finished the first block of guild missions, where you have to face 4 monsters and then I have left 4 missions, one for each kingdom and in each mission they give a flag, I do not know if you can get all four or when doing a mission no It leaves you the rest.

5 minutes ago, Arin1979 said:

I have finished the first block of guild missions, where you have to face 4 monsters and then I have left 4 missions, one for each kingdom and in each mission they give a flag, I do not know if you can get all four or when doing a mission no It leaves you the rest.

Those aren't squad flags. They're stuff you place on the battlefield.

Posted (edited)

So I finished now the complete story-stuff

I remember anyone was asking if you can replay the story quests and the answer is: "NO"... after all story quests are cleared they disappear.

The other thing is the story isn't worth it to play, only if you still want to get upgrade material and class up-stuff or want to have a bit low entertainment to get your policy points which are left, it is worth to play.

On the other hand, if you have already a good team you can play through all story quests in about 15 hours if you avoid the most enemies etc. (about 2 h for each fraction + the maincampaign) so the time which is needed is ok, if you are really interested in it.
But the stories are total boring stereotypes... If you played the maincampaign already than you know how stereotype this already was, now imagine it about 10 times more stereotype and you know what you will get in the fraction stories:
- Landerth = boring "the king is dead, long live the king" plot
- Valkyr = boring "we are warriors, we must die with honor on the battlefield" stuff
- Fiel = boring "we are some kind of treefriends and we don't really fight, but we win with fortune-telling... oh wait, we must fight now for real" thing
- Magion = boring "poor man's Harry Potter"

Edited by Alpha-Jinro

On 10/2/2019 at 9:06 AM, JNSpradlin said:

Can you not get Short Sights from a RNG Barr fight?

Nope, Barr only gives out Abilities (not support skills)

23 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Nope, Barr only gives out Abilities (not support skills)

I can confirm this. One of the posters on GameFAQs said he got Short Sights from Barr and that is the "confirmation" which ended up on my PSA thread, but after it took me very long to drop Short Sights so I fought Barr dozens if not 100+ times, he never dropped a single support skill.

Thus Short Sights is an ultra rare drop only from faction capitals attempting to talk with the leader - which also means you can simply ignore every fight offer through random events, while taking the steps to get the drop chance.

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I did not play since servers closure and now that I am trying to load my save data it doesn't work. I'm stuck at the loading confimation screen.

It seems I only can restart a new game and lose all my progress.

Could anyone tell me if you are experiencing the same issue please?

Edit: I can't even start a new game. Help!

Edited by G_VOX_187

Really sad that the platinum seems unobtainable now, especially since most if not all guides said there were no online trophies.

1 hour ago, G_VOX_187 said:

Hi guys, I did not play since servers closure and now that I am trying to load my save data it doesn't work. I'm stuck at the loading confimation screen.

It seems I only can restart a new game and lose all my progress.

Could anyone tell me if you are experiencing the same issue please?

Edit: I can't even start a new game. Help!

Nope, no problem here, just don't try to login to the server (it took forever, until it failed when I tried). 

I have quite and restart the game a few times since the server went down and never run into any problems. 

thanks for checking. I tried to erase all datas, restart but it's stuck. I will call Sony tomorrow.

When it asks you to connect to the server, you have to skip.

41 minutes ago, G_VOX_187 said:

thanks for checking. I tried to erase all datas, restart but it's stuck. I will call Sony tomorrow.

Shouldn't be any issues playing offline 

I don't know what is happening. I bought  and downloaded the flags dlc. Now it's like I can purchase it again. I can't launch the game at all after the main screen (new game or load game). I even tried with a secondary account and it won't work either. My other games work so it's not an issue with my controller or my account. I tried to reinstall licences and reactivate ps4. I tried pretty much everything.

I contacted Sony last week because I had a glitch with some dlc purchase on this game and they reimbursed me. I couldn't download them and they appeared as not purchased whereas I had been charged. It seems the game does not work anymore since then.

I have a disc version, now i will try to download the digital version.

Anyone already got the issue or have some idea? Is there a way to erase the cache from the console maybe?

Some of these comments made me nervous, so I decided to use the dlc and get the plat right now instead of waiting for NISA.

Good luck to all who are still grinding.🍀

Grand%20Kingdom%20Platinum_zpswmt4iu1p.p

@fbdbh, I contacted Spike Chunsoft and they said to contact NISA, I'm not getting my hopes up though. See my previous post.

Does anyone know if there are rewards for increasing (and maxing) each kingdom reputation?

15 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Does anyone know if there are rewards for increasing (and maxing) each kingdom reputation?

All you get is discounts at the kingdom’s stores.

1 minute ago, Kristycism said:

All you get is discounts at the kingdom’s stores.

Ok, that's sad.. 

Then I guess that I will not bother with it..

I should be focusing on finish the game anyway.. 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I haven't played since I got the plat, but I think the higher your rep with a kingdom the more gold and royals you get from them for completing quests.

I know you got more for completing Operations for the online War, but obviously that doesn't matter now.

Posted (edited)

On 01/10/2019 at 3:47 PM, ars said:

You get 1 from beating tutorial, 1 from reaching merc rank S, and 6 are hidden in infiltration quests. If that's not enough you can still buy one or all of the 10 DLC flags.

So as long you got as little as 2 flags from online mode you are not screwed yet.

sorry for late replying cause i was on vocation. since i can no long cancel current contract. am i have to finish campain to access infiltration or how? sorry i am still new to this game. i already got 13 flags. need 6 hidden and S rank flag

Edit: I got all hidden flags. so far 19 need one more S rank flag. thanks your heads up man

Edited by Ur_Big_Bad_Papa

4 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

I haven't played since I got the plat, but I think the higher your rep with a kingdom the more gold and royals you get from them for completing quests.

I know you got more for completing Operations for the online War, but obviously that doesn't matter now.

Ok, those things aren't important for me either, since I'm in the end of the road to plat this. 

I just need to lvl up 6 support skills, 1 Thief skill and lvl up Thieves to find Eagle Slice. I have 5 or so Orbs of Training, so I don't even need to do much lvl up. 

After that (or at the same time), I will be hunting rhe bounties (around halfway now, but I only focused on those when I was lvl up looking for the passive skills), defeat a bounty that's higher lvl than me (should be easy, since I already defeated one with just 3 units at lvl 99, and my 4th was useless, even if it was lvl 60, but that made the trophy not unlock), and I need to do a destination quest without fighting and a target quest with just 1 unit (didn't tried those 2 yet). I also need S rank.. 

So, I'm not really worried about resources, just ways to make my grinding less meaningless.. That's actually why I'm doing all story paths right now, and if there was anything good for maxing a faction, I would do that too, but since there's nothing, I will just grind away whatever I'm missing after the story missions. 

Sounds like i just got turned off for this one.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

I was unaware online was required for plat. Played the game last summer and participated in online wars on several occasions. I don't know why but it seems I never got any of those flags you're supposed to get after war ending and talking to people in your capital. I only have one beginner flag in inventory so I'm pretty confused now. All I got was some skills or some other rewards. Welp. Too late for the flags now I guess. 

Would have been great if the guide here had been accurate and mentioned that online is actually needed for something else than just leveling up faster.

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I was unaware online was required for plat. Played the game last summer and participated in online wars on several occasions. I don't know why but it seems I never got any of those flags you're supposed to get after war ending and talking to people in your capital. I only have one beginner flag in inventory so I'm pretty confused now. All I got was some skills or some other rewards. Welp. Too late for the flags now I guess. 

Would have been great if the guide here had been accurate and mentioned that online is actually needed for something else than just leveling up faster.

Even buying the 10 dlc flags seems not enough, i think you only get 8 flags offline lol

57 minutes ago, Nelson_Otaku said:

Even buying the 10 dlc flags seems not enough, i think you only get 8 flags offline lol

That has been stated many times.

1 storyline flag for starting 

1 flag for getting to squadron s rank

6 flags for the infiltration missions

10 flags via dlc purchase 

You needed a minimum of 2 flags from the online wars before the servers were shut down.  Allegedly, flags are also a rare loot drop, but no one has been able to confirm this.

Edit- servers had a 2 week closure announcement. I ordered the game a few days after closure was announced, and was able to obtain 3-4 flags within the week prior to shutdown.  Very little notice was given, but minimal effort was needed to get enough to be safe.

Edited by AJ_-_808