Walt the Dog

Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

474 posts in this topic

RIP this game i guess. is there a thread that lists any/or all upcoming/past server shutdowns?

3 minutes ago, Durrun said:

RIP this game i guess. is there a thread that lists any/or all upcoming/past server shutdowns?

Here you go:

I just realized that with Fiel being completely locked for me, the Lone Warrior trophy became unobtainable, because Support Assault Troops is exclusively a Fiel quest, always, everytime I refresh. FUCK

Did anyone ever 100% confirm that you can or can't unlock all flags offline? I'm just curious.

I have a feeling you can't, and it just started as a baseless rumor that was spread around...

On 24/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, fbdbh said:

I just realized that with Fiel being completely locked for me, the Lone Warrior trophy became unobtainable, because Support Assault Troops is exclusively a Fiel quest, always, everytime I refresh. FUCK

Couldn't you get it with a fresh game? Yes, the grind to setup an overspin lvl1 Paladin could be a bit annoying, but should be possible, no? 

5 hours ago, The_Snooze said:

Did anyone ever 100% confirm that you can or can't unlock all flags offline? I'm just curious.

I have a feeling you can't, and it just started as a baseless rumor that was spread around...

It's kind of impossible to guarantee 100% that it's not possible to get enough flags offline, when the claim that it's possible says that's a really low chance (<1%). 

So, until someone actually manages to prove that's possible, let's just assume that it's impossible to get enough flags offline.. 

One thing i wanted to ask is where to get better weapons? Since ever since the server is down i'm stuck with lev 30-45ish gear on my lev 90 chars.

On 19/11/2019 at 11:06 PM, Jaquerjaques said:

So, how many trophies were linked to online mode? Was it just the flag one?

Yes, everything else can be done offline, but the grind to get OP troops may be really annoying (Overspin Paladin, Valkyre, Rogue, Warrior with Total Defense, and people usually prefer Archers for ranged, but I used Witch/Mage all the time, still, Paladin with Overspin is likely your best bet to make things easier). 

13 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

One thing i wanted to ask is where to get better weapons? Since ever since the server is down i'm stuck with lev 30-45ish gear on my lev 90 chars.

Highest weapons lvl is 50 (or was it 51?), I forgot if they are only available from blueprints from bounties (likely), or if they are also sold by the merchants in the last free explanation map (that's the place that has the best buyable weapons at least). 

The gear from the kingdom heroes was a little better (I think), but had the same lvl as the best gear from bounty blueprints. 

I have sent a message to the fb page of NIS America hopefully there will be a solution for those who didn't get the flags before the shutdown. If I hear anything  I will post on here.

Response from NIS America

Hello there, thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. At this time, we have no news or updates to share about Grand Kingdom, but in the event that we receive any updates we will be sure to share them on our social media channels. We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Wait, I'm confused, so is the platinum still obtainable offline?

Was thinking I wonder if you can trick it, buy the 10 flags. Delete dlc. Flags wont be on game but on tracker then redownload?

7 minutes ago, xRxJxMx said:

Was thinking I wonder if you can trick it, buy the 10 flags. Delete dlc. Flags wont be on game but on tracker then redownload?

You might be able to on the Vita but not on the PS4, because they're account bound so can't be deleted.

Friends, let's press the responsible company quickly so that the game is not totally "forgotten" about the trophy: Flag Collector. My suggestion for resolving this issue is for the company to release an update for flags to be collected in the normal game campaign. Send multiple messages to get the company's attention.

Completely agree with Lotus, probably the best option at this moment in time.

Best way I've found is via the fb page NIS America. If anyone finds a better way please let me know.

We cannot sit back and wait for the company to act. If we push NIS America through social media like Facebook and Twitter, I think we will have some solution. My solution to the problem (Trophy: Flag Collector) is to release an update to make this possible. Allow to collect flags in offline mode or start another dlc with 10 new flags to complete the total.

Follow the links to contact NIS America responsible for the Grand Kingdom.

Facebook NIS America : https://www.facebook.com/NISAmericaInc/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/nisamerica

Is the platinum still unobtainable? 

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, darkjjda said:

Is the platinum still unobtainable? 

If you have 2 flags via the online mode before the shutdown then it should be achievable.

If you don't then you cannot get 20 flags thus the platinum is unachievable for you. 

Edited by Bumperklever

So has anyone said definitively if the flag trophy is unobtainable or if its just a grind. I was about to start this (2020) and If it is obtainable and a grind, so be it. If it is unobtainable I want to move on to something else. 

Posted (edited)

@Jproche44

There are only a handful of flags you can get in Single Player as part of a challenge or completing certain conditions. Judging by what others are saying:

10 DLC Flags (Purchasable)

6 Infiltration Flags

1 S Rank Flag

1 Default Flag

Total: 18

The Platinum is 100% Unobtainable if you did not already have 2 Online Flags.

Edited by ShianKiri

So  something to throw out for people still going for Flag Collector I did a quick test using other regions. On a whim. Europe PSN also has flag dlc locked as account bound. HongKong PSN doesn't have any purchases for dlc I could find for the game. But it does state "English Version". Now this may be one of two things it could be an actual NA Version on there it possibly could be a Japanese version with English Subtitles.

Btw has anyone confirmed if the Japanese servers have for a fact gone down? I'm wondering if it's possible to use a program like Charles to force the PS4 to connect to their servers instead and regain access to online? Or would this be out of the scope of things?

I'll try the Vita thing something mentioned too later. But I don't have hoped for it. Also some people may still be able to get the trophy if you bought the game within a certain time everyone had a free pack they could download with the game that gave you a free flag. Then if you completed a war and put your results in before online went down there is still a chance someone may give you a flag after talking to someone in the plaza. The chance for this happening for anyone is very small. But this could some people the 1-2 flags their missing.

Great. Now I have a second unobtainable plat. Shit...