Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

32 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Flag hysteria is unwarranted, I got them after a week of slow PvPing, although your RNG experience might be different.

Leveling your heroes is a much bigger issue, because in PvE leveling is like, I dunno, 10 times slower? And you need to level a lot, to get a competent team to take down bounties and to get all the skills in the game, as they unlock only after reaching certain level.

The catch here is the hero hiring RNG. Characters in the shop are constantly shuffled, their skills change too, and it's not immediately clear who should be leveled.

I recommend you to focus on Valkyries first, as they are a very strong class, and there's a lot of skill info about them on GameFAQs.

There are also two EXP boosting skills, one is passive and the other one is active. If you won't be able to find a character with the skill, you can get one by hiring another player's merc in PvP. They often cost a lot though. Same mercs can carry you through some battles, but overall it's a pretty gruesome experience, until you become OP. Another thing is that battles are chained in PvP. You get an opportunity to fight like 3 times in a row and obviously it's better to do that because you can't cast EXP Up skill every single time. And high level enemies give you much more exp. So, you'll need to assemble a competent team as fast as possible to level efficiently.

Overall, I'd recommend you to make a proper team ASAP and then PvP religiously. The game can be done in 2 weeks, but not if you are slacking.

Great, thanks for the info! 

1 minute ago, Arin1979 said:

I've been playing for a few hours now and in total I've got seven flags today, adding the one the old man gave me. Which has been a total of ten, not bad.

How are you getting the flags?  For real I must be really unlucky, as I have spent all of last night and all of this morning playing online wars but got nothing.  

4 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

How are you getting the flags?  For real I must be really unlucky, as I have spent all of last night and all of this morning playing online wars but got nothing.  

OK it has been awhile so I may not be 100% accurate, but you need to talk to the kingdom and they give you one. 

I don't know what the huge deal with the Flags are, I found those unlocked pretty naturally if you keep going back to the kingdom and getting one.

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

OK it has been awhile so I may not be 100% accurate, but you need to talk to the kingdom and they give you one. 

I don't know what the huge deal with the Flags are, I found those unlocked pretty naturally if you keep going back to the kingdom and getting one.

You only get one at the end of the day once the war has ended, or that's the way it seems.

• Like 1

Every day you receive one from the old man, I have a five-day contract but today he already gave me one, and the others I got in the online wars, you have to fight against teams that carry a flag that you do not have and if there is any requirement to get it or it's just luck I don't know anymore. There is one of the Dangaronpa bear that I have fought four times against whoever has it but they still don't give it to me. I will have to keep insisting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arin1979 said:

Every day you receive one from the old man, I have a five-day contract but today he already gave me one, and the others I got in the online wars, you have to fight against teams that carry a flag that you do not have and if there is any requirement to get it or it's just luck I don't know anymore. There is one of the Dangaronpa bear that I have fought four times against whoever has it but they still don't give it to me. I will have to keep insisting.

Thanks for the helpful response, appreciate it a lot.  Guessing it's just luck and I've been unlucky so far, I've encountered that about 4 times too but not gotten it.  One other quick question, where will it show at the end of the fight if I've gotten the flag or not?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

yeah and there is still 2 weeks til the shut down so you should get a majority of them done.

Considering the guide states that people have had issues with that method not working, and the best method is to win flags through online battles (and as the experience grind seems better there anyway)  all I was looking for was some clarification from other people who are winning those flags if there are any particular things you need to do or if it was purely just RNG/Luck.  

It's not a "huge deal" but it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone, and I directed a question to someone who had success getting flags in online wars for a bit of advice.  As they answered in a helpful way and I just managed to get a flag through an online battle, all my questions are answered and I'll bow out of this thread

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Thanks for the helpful response, appreciate it a lot.  Guessing it's just luck and I've been unlucky so far, I've encountered that about 4 times too but not gotten it.  One other quick question, where will it show at the end of the fight if I've gotten the flag or not?

At the end of each fight, a square comes out with the blue points without spending and that you have more life you recover and then as you advance in the skills of your team in that same box it comes out if you get a flag.

Update:For infiltration quest you can got 6 flags and the traveling merchants in Explore - Bounties sell a few

Edited by Arin1979
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, IDiivil said:

So I started the game and I managed to get two flags so far (other than the starter one and the 10 DLC ones. Yes, well played NISA. You deserve my six euros.)

I got one flag from just beating a random squad in a war, it just appeared in the loot window after the battle. The other one I got from that old guy in my capital, who appeared there on the second war day after the first day's cease fire. I did also win 10 battles to qualify for a reward in one zone so that might have helped with it.

I forgot to mention it earlier but everyone who downloaded the free psn pack with the game way back also had a starting bonus flag. (probably the same one your mentioning) 

But it with that Guranteed one it sounds like people during regular gameplay and 10 dlc ones if purchased should give most players a 12 flag start of 20. Which isn't that bad.

3 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

What’s the best method to prep for online? My squad has trouble with the story quests, right now I’ve got a level 5 hunter, paladin, medic and blacksmith 

i can hold out for a while but end up dying and I have absolutely no money 

you can send party members on quests without you. They level up and come back with money. You can do this while you are not playing even so it is a great way to get some extra stuff without doing anything.

• Like 1

i think the plat might be unobtainable cause many of the flags you get by playing online. maybe someone can try out to buy the flag dlc and see if trophy pops that way. leveling up will be alot more annoying asswel without war (online) but i think the flags are the only trophy that might become unobtainable

edit: i readed on another forum about the recieve a flag daily  but just know that this might glitch out like in my game and stop giving flags daily after 5 or something.

i got the platinum and i say get the flag trophy just to be sure. if u can get platinum thats even better but at the very least try to get flag trophy.

i never buyed dlc but it seems really worth it as flag trophy was my last trophy

Edited by luckyegg

7 minutes ago, ConAir said:

So, it doesn't matter or doI have to play versus other opponents to get as many flags as possible. 

You play against other players' teams that are AI-controlled. So it's kind of PVP but asynchronous and asymmetric. Not possible to boost wins or anything like that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

At the end of each fight, a square comes out with the blue points without spending and that you have more life you recover and then as you advance in the skills of your team in that same box it comes out if you get a flag.

Update:For infiltration quest you can got 6 flags and the traveling merchants in Explore - Bounties sell a few

Thanks for the tip about the infiltration quest, did my first one yesterday and got a flag from it :D 

• Like 1

On 14-9-2019 at 1:47 AM, IntroPhenom said:

But Ni No Kuni Remastered is out in a few days!  I wanted to dedicate all of my gaming time to that.  Why does life have to be full of difficult decisions?  (First world problems, I know.)

Screw NNK, it's a crappy and overrated game.

On 14-9-2019 at 5:28 AM, Mesopithecus said:

Not sure if I'm just being dumb here, but I've spent the evening fighting in the online wars and I've not got one flag from enemy units.  Half the time as well the enemy is using just the basic flag anyway.  So, how do you actually get the flags here?

It doesn't really seem that great for experience either so far, even with the boosts you can get

It all depends on RNG. Usually, I got one every 20-30 battles.

On 14-9-2019 at 7:08 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

You can also win the flag from AI teams, in that case you win  the flag the opponent uses.

On 14-9-2019 at 7:09 PM, Mesopithecus said:

You only get one at the end of the day once the war has ended, or that's the way it seems.

Nope, the drop rate is just low. There's a Monokuma flag that can only be obtained from opponents that have it equipped.

On 14-9-2019 at 8:41 PM, Arin1979 said:

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Thanks for the tip about the infiltration quest, did my first one yesterday and got a flag from it :D 

Flags that can be placed on the battle area for buffs/debuffs don't count. Only flags that you can equip (the ones in the upper left corner of the screen, enemy flags are in the upper right corner during online wars)

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3