Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Flags that can be placed on the battle area for buffs/debuffs don't count. Only flags that you can equip (the ones in the upper left corner of the screen, enemy flags are in the upper right corner during online wars)

The flag I got from the Infiltration mission was one you can equip in the upper left corner of the screen, you just need to make sure to grab the gold chest and successfully complete the mission.  The one I did yesterday was Wastelands.

I've got around 7 flags so far including the Monokuma flag (yay!)  I didn't get the daily flag from the person in town, however I've noticed the higher level I'm getting, the more flags I'm seeing - maybe because some of the lower level teams are just using the basic flags?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

The flag I got from the Infiltration mission was one you can equip in the upper left corner of the screen, you just need to make sure to grab the gold chest and successfully complete the mission.  The one I did yesterday was Wastelands.

I've got around 7 flags so far including the Monokuma flag (yay!)  I didn't get the daily flag from the person in town, however I've noticed the higher level I'm getting, the more flags I'm seeing - maybe because some of the lower level teams are just using the basic flags?

Ah ok, I read something about obtaining flags from the merchant, so it seemed best to point that out :lol: .

Nice, congrats :yay: . I kept using the Monokuma flag after obtaining it. Yeah, lots of starter squads use some of the basic flags. Flags are only obtained once, so if you already have the flag the enemy is using, you won't obtain it again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah ok, I read something about obtaining flags from the merchant, so it seemed best to point that out :lol: .

Nice, congrats :yay: . I kept using the Monokuma flag after obtaining it. Yeah, lots of starter squads use some of the basic flags. Flags are only obtained once, so if you already have the flag the enemy is using, you won't obtain it again.

Is there a better way to find your squad to follow btw?  I searched for Dragon and Dragons but it wasn't showing your squad on the list :(

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Is there a better way to find your squad to follow btw?  I searched for Dragon and Dragons but it wasn't showing your squad on the list :(

I've heard this before. The only thing I can think of is that the Grand Kingdom servers don't keep track of all squads, but only a limited amount of active ones. Sadly, I don't have PS+ anymore, so can't start up the game anymore. I'm planning to get it this month again to grab Darksiders III, but unsure when exactly.

• Like 1

So for anyone rushing EXP in Online Wars, I found this on a different forum. I didn't find my first character with Experience Field Skill till my team was already 25, so throwing a level 1 in would've made my life rough. So if you partner with Fiel, and follow this, you'll have someone with Experience Field Skill all the time! https://grand-kingdom.fandom.com/wiki/Powerlevel_System

• Like 1

@Bumperklever

Fastest clean-up party ( at least that's how i did it) is the follow:

Two paladins with Overspin

One Valkyrie 

One ranged unit (i think i had a Hunter although an Archer is just the same)

And the most important thing, a Catapult

Paladins have priority, so use the Catapult and send them inside the enemy group

Overspin with both for a lot of AoE damage.

Valkyrie then destroys the most dangerous party member of the opponent

Hunter/Archer hit the enemy with the lowest health

Second round, do the same and the battle is over

When you want to level up a unit for the Skill trophy, switch the Hunter/Archer with it and put it in the back row.

The two Pals and the Val will take care of the rest

Edited by sephiroth4424

1 hour ago, OniWalker said:

So for anyone rushing EXP in Online Wars, I found this on a different forum. I didn't find my first character with Experience Field Skill till my team was already 25, so throwing a level 1 in would've made my life rough. So if you partner with Fiel, and follow this, you'll have someone with Experience Field Skill all the time! https://grand-kingdom.fandom.com/wiki/Powerlevel_System

Thanks for this link. I have seen the same content in another thread over at GameFAQs. Now that I have a better understanding of the game I might give this a try. Although this kills the whole experience. But dont know if you can talk of "experience" if the grind is tens of hours.^^

I would like to throw in another useful link which I have found at GameFAQs. Nice compilation for a lot of gameplay mechanics and overviews of information.

click me

2 hours ago, Bobble_DD said:

Thanks for this link. I have seen the same content in another thread over at GameFAQs. Now that I have a better understanding of the game I might give this a try. Although this kills the whole experience. But dont know if you can talk of "experience" if the grind is tens of hours.^^

I would like to throw in another useful link which I have found at GameFAQs. Nice compilation for a lot of gameplay mechanics and overviews of information.

click me

This is mostly just to help get the most EXP for your team's, to get them to 99 and to help get all the class skills for one class. I'm rushing those two things right away then I'm gonna play through the story with a group of low level characters. I'm surprised you don't even have to touch the story in this.

5 minutes ago, Laikaros said:

I don’t know if this has been answered yet, but all the trophies will STILL BE OBTAINABLE after the server shutdown? I only want to get rid of the online trophies if there’s one 

As far as I know there's no real online trophy, online just makes it easier to obtain the plat as it might be possible to obtain 20 flags outside of online wars. Though this last one is still being investigated.

Hey everyone ? Last night I decided to give this a shot before the server closure in order to try and get the toughest/most annoying trophies out of the way including getting the flags. I just started playing war and I'm getting completely wiped out with no chance of winning. Also I'm totally confused about how war works and how to win? Also the war duration counter is real time? I had NO idea about that? So after playing for six hours I might randomly if I'm lucky get one flag? However, as it stands now I won't even get that far since my units get pummeled right away when going into war. Wow I feel so screwed right now lol. If anyone can assuage my worries with some info I'd really appreciate that. This game is awesome but things seem so randomized and RNG-based that it's confusing me a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hey everyone 1f60a.png Last night I decided to give this a shot before the server closure in order to try and get the toughest/most annoying trophies out of the way including getting the flags. I just started playing war and I'm getting completely wiped out with no chance of winning. Also I'm totally confused about how war works and how to win? Also the war duration counter is real time? I had NO idea about that? So after playing for six hours I might randomly if I'm lucky get one flag? However, as it stands now I won't even get that far since my units get pummeled right away when going into war. Wow I feel so screwed right now lol. If anyone can assuage my worries with some info I'd really appreciate that. This game is awesome but things seem so randomized and RNG-based that it's confusing me a lot.

You can do some of the regular single player quests first to help level up a little bit, it will definitely make the online less daunting however most of the troops you fight will scale to your level anyway.  There are some great tips further up in this thread for boosting your exp in the online wars.

As for the flags, try not to worry about it too much.  At lower levels I rarely saw any different flags but as I was leveling up I got more and more opportunities for flags.  You do indeed get a flag every day from one of the towns people at your allied nation, you can get 6 flags from doing single player infiltration missions by picking up the special gold chest and finishing the mission successfully, then the rest I won from other teams in online wars.  I've been playing like 4/5 days now and already got the 20 flags needed so it's definitely doable.

What team are you using?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hey everyone 1f60a.png Last night I decided to give this a shot before the server closure in order to try and get the toughest/most annoying trophies out of the way including getting the flags. I just started playing war and I'm getting completely wiped out with no chance of winning. Also I'm totally confused about how war works and how to win? Also the war duration counter is real time? I had NO idea about that? So after playing for six hours I might randomly if I'm lucky get one flag? However, as it stands now I won't even get that far since my units get pummeled right away when going into war. Wow I feel so screwed right now lol. If anyone can assuage my worries with some info I'd really appreciate that. This game is awesome but things seem so randomized and RNG-based that it's confusing me a lot.

I followed this, and now my squad is up to level 75s average and i'm wiping every party i come across, once you hit 99 then you can work on leveling other units to begin the grind for all the skills.

https://grand-kingdom.fandom.com/wiki/Powerlevel_System

• Like 2

I have continued to try my luck in war operations but I get beaten down every time so I'm not even close to getting even a single flag yet ?? How frustrating. And I don't have any money to buy new gear, healing items or upgrades or hire new troops or hiring the help from the powerleveling guide and I don't have time to play single-player missions because time is of the essence. How in the world have you others completed war operations with low-level characters? Each fort has many successive battles and I barely make it through one.

So since I wasn't able to win 10 battles in war I wasn't eligible for getting any rewards thus missing out on this day's flag and I don't see how I would be able to do anything different tomorrow since the enemies scale to my level and I don't have any idea how to approach the different systems in the game.

Edited by Cosmokeeper

7 hours ago, Cosmokeeper said:

I have continued to try my luck in war operations but I get beaten down every time so I'm not even close to getting even a single flag yet 1f625.png1f616.png How frustrating. And I don't have any money to buy new gear, healing items or upgrades or hire new troops or hiring the help from the powerleveling guide and I don't have time to play single-player missions because time is of the essence. How in the world have you others completed war operations with low-level characters? Each fort has many successive battles and I barely make it through one.

So since I wasn't able to win 10 battles in war I wasn't eligible for getting any rewards thus missing out on this day's flag and I don't see how I would be able to do anything different tomorrow since the enemies scale to my level and I don't have any idea how to approach the different systems in the game.

To make some quick money, go on the first Travel quest and collect all the resources and chests. Then sell everything, except Grimoires just to be safe. All those field items that call in support aren't really useful or needed, and you can always get more Ore, Branches, etc.

Get enough gold to start the powerlevelling system linked above and it will start to snowball pretty quickly. 

Hey again guys :) I finally got a team I think is good and that was recommended. 2 paladins, 1 valkyrie and 1 hunter. However only the valkyrie is good enough at the moment. The problem I have now with the powerleveling trick is that the extra hired unit in war costs 1670 gold every time, and when I fail I don't have a good strategy to get gold quickly so I can try again. I did the travel quest and picked up stuff and sold it but didn't get enough to recoup my losses. Any other solid tactic for making money quickly? Doing the war ops, even the higher leveled unit gets wounded and brought down after a while, leaving me with my still underleveled characters.

One thing I might have not understood with the powerleveling trick and the good hireable unit is whether or not to continue fighting the war upon getting wiped and after getting back after the respawn time or if I should withdraw to the base again and do something else and then return to the war again?

Edited by Cosmokeeper