Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

So, how often to the flags drop in on-line wars?  We've got a little over a week before closure and only two weekends for working stiffs.  Is that a viable amount of time to start the game and grab enough flags?  Are there level requirements etc for online, or can you go straight to it?  

Just now, Helmet_time said:

So, how often to the flags drop in on-line wars?  We've got a little over a week before closure and only two weekends for working stiffs.  Is that a viable amount of time to start the game and grab enough flags?  Are there level requirements etc for online, or can you go straight to it?  

I did about 5 dispatches yesterday and got 4. Have to win the battles, though.

4 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

It heavily depends on RNG, though I got one roughly every 20-30 fights. During online battles, go towards enemy fortresses and cannons/ballistas/catapults to do 3 consecutive fights. It's the fastest way to level up and obtain flags. You get to finish the 3 fights, even when the operation or war has ended. There are no level requirements, but you have a harder time until reaching lvl 10+, obtaining better skills, and consumables.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It heavily depends on RNG, though I got one roughly every 20-30 fights. During online battles, go towards enemy fortresses and cannons/ballistas/catapults to do 3 consecutive fights. It's the fastest way to level up and obtain flags. You get to finish the 3 fights, even when the operation or war has ended. There are no level requirements, but you have a harder time until reaching lvl 10+, obtaining better skills, and consumables.

So, what's the time commitment for that look like?  Can I hit level 10 and grind out let's say 100 online battles in 20ish hours? 

I'm trying to decide if I should start this up this weekend, or not bother. 

4 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

So, what's the time commitment for that look like?  Can I hit level 10 and grind out let's say 100 online battles in 20ish hours? 

Easily

if you follow the quick level guide you can have multiple characters hit level 99 within 10-15 hours

then comes the skill grind, which I would recommend using the online for, except one skill that’s pure rng

the problem is that leveling up without the online is like 10 times longer but you can easily get a large bulk of the work done in 20 hours, I think the 100 hr requirement in the guide is just if rng really hates you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helmet_time said:

Easily, I'd say in around 10 hours. Just do some main quests at first to level up and familiarize yourself with the game's mechanics. Try to do quests that reward you with equipment and pyroxene (crystals that can be added to equipment for stat boosts). To make things easier, hire units that have the field skills Max Charge, Earth Heal, and Experience. The first increases attack, defence, and magic defence with 10% for 3 battles, the second restores 30% health to your squad, and the last increases obtained exp with 300% for 3 battles. These 3 skills are invaluable during online wars and offline missions. As for classes, try to obtain at least a Paladin, Valkyrie, Blacksmith, and Hunter (preferably with the 3 field skills I mentioned earlier). Those 4 units are a solid squad and get turns earlier than other units, except for the Hunter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Also, people don't forget about your policy points. Once you've completed the requirement, you can invest those to increase the amount of exp, gold, and royals obtained from quests and online wars. As your mercenary rank goes up, so too does the requirements to unlock policy points.

Also your merc rank can increase by doing the online wars, wasn’t sure if anyone knew that or not

Thanks again for all the helpful information here in the thread ?? I have not been effective enough to get that high-leveled so quickly and just started almost going into war and succeeding without dying all the time. However this night after the war was over I didn't get a flag from the RNG rewards afterwards and neither did I get a daily flag at the capital ? I thought that would work in my favor since it seemed a reliable way to get one each day but it seems not. Ahh getting more nervous each day.

Edited by Cosmokeeper

25 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Thanks again for all the helpful information here in the thread 1f64f.png1f60a.png I have not been effective enough to get that high-leveled so quickly and just started almost going into war and succeeding without dying all the time. However this night after the war was over I didn't get a flag from the RNG rewards afterwards and neither did I get a daily flag at the capital 1f625.png I thought that would work in my favor since it seemed a reliable way to get one each day but it seems not. Ahh getting more nervous by the day.

Were you still in contract with that capital after the war?  I had one day where I didn't get a flag and it was when my contract had expired.

Make sure to sign the contracts for 5 days, not only is it beneficial for the flags but you also get a money bonus too for having a longer contract

• Like 1

Just passing to give a huge thankyou to @Dragon-Archon and everybody else helping with information! Sometimes we gotta love the community, right?

So, looks like the flags are the real deal. Personally, I have 4 (the one from the beggining and 3 from the old guy at the plaza), with the game running until September 30th or October 1st I will get more 10 or 11 flags, which means Im safe, considering those 6 flags from infiltration quests and 1 from achieving rank S. If there is anyone afraid of not getting the 20 flags, I would say just go for it!, even if you need to buy the DLC flags. Im loving the game and I definitely recommend it!

Ps.: I'd like to remember that we actually don't know if getting 20 flags will be unobtainable once server closes. My guessing is "no", I think the menu "go the the capital" will remain there, and so will the old fellow at the plaza lol

GravityQueeen.png

• Like 1

Personally i'm not too worried about the flags, i've almost got all of mine that i need, the real concern is the grind for skill proficiency and leveling up. I'd be hauling ass on that if you're trying to plat this like I am, as the online gives so much more exp than offline it'll take so much more time to get the proficiency and leveling units up high enough to get their skills. 

Seriously this skills trophy is stupid, every support skill will take quite a bit of time to get enough proficiency on but at least we still have 10 more days

13 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I'd like to remember that we actually don't know if getting 20 flags will be unobtainable once server closes. My guessing is "no", I think the menu "go the the capital" will remain there, and so will the old fellow at the plaza lol

I actually think it will be unobtainable. I tried playing the game with internet off and the game treated me as though I was no longer contracted, meaning no free flag. Restarted it with internet and got the daily flag.

That's not 100%, of course, but I'd be very cautious 

• Like 2

I'm following the Powerlevel guide myself. Does anyone know why I can't hire that paladin in the guide. He just doesn't show up for me at all and I'm following Seravi (the correct one). Is it because I didn't pick the Fiel kingdom?

Can anyone suggest someone else to follow?

Edited by DizzyDavidson

1 minute ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I'm following the Powerlevel guide myself. Does anyone know why I can't hire that paladin in the guide. He just doesn't show up for me at all and I'm following Seravi (the correct one). Is it because I didn't pick the Fiel kingdom?

Yes you need to be a member of Fiel

13 minutes ago, I3rand0 said:

What's the fastest way to make money?  I'm trying to follow the fast leveling guide but hiring these uber paladins is very expensive.

You should be making enough to sustain yourself by doing enough battles during war

@Mesopithecus Thank you so much for clearing that up dude :) That must be what I did wrong. The problem is that I didn't know if there was any backside to choosing five wars for the contract so the first time I chose only one war. But this new contract I picked five so hopefully will get that flag after this day's war period. Fingers crossed ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I was able to 3 flags right after the other and then nothing for a day lol and after that I was getting about 4 flags a day I have 25 flags so far :D 

@Dragon-Archon Thank you for your Valkyrie got the High Damage trophy :)

Edited by ShadowX077

3 hours ago, darkalphar said:

Is there any way to improve odds of getting high level parties? I'm currently using the Fiel powerlevel guide and am at level 41, but despite that I keep running into parties whose levels are 20 or lower.

You never really stop running into lower level squads from what I've seen. Getting to a higher level just seems to let you face higher level squads, but it doesn't stop you from seeing low levels. Even with all 99s I'm still running into level 5s.

Finally got the Monokuma flag, and that puts me at 16. I'm sending out all my low level troops to hopefully help spread it around to others trying to get it.

8 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

You never really stop running into lower level squads from what I've seen. Getting to a higher level just seems to let you face higher level squads, but it doesn't stop you from seeing low levels. Even with all 99s I'm still running into level 5s.

Finally got the Monokuma flag, and that puts me at 16. I'm sending out all my low level troops to hopefully help spread it around to others trying to get it.

I also done this too just put two units in lol 

11 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Just read about the server closure will i be still able to do the flag stuff in time?

Also i did test play it a while ago which starting classes should i try to recruit and where should i put the bonus points for em?

Depends on your play time, but there should be enough time. It is RNG based. I have about 36 hours of playtime, and have 14 so far.

Edited by JNSpradlin