Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

Maybe I'm just lucky but flags drop like crazy for me (normally the RNG and I don't spend much quality time together). It took me a while to get the hang of levelling up (not actually activating the field skill for the XP boost, felt pretty dumb when I realized it wasn't an active benefit) but I'm just into the 60s and I went fairly vanilla to start class wise. Hopefully hit 99 and start boosting the better classes soon.

Looking at the class to get all the skills on, fighter seems to be the best option as you don't seem to be chasing the support skills since they only have 1 that they learn so you are just trying to farm their attack skills.  Am I reading this wrong or do you have to teach them the skills they don't/can't learn by using the Grimoires?

3 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Maybe I'm just lucky but flags drop like crazy for me (normally the RNG and I don't spend much quality time together). It took me a while to get the hang of levelling up (not actually activating the field skill for the XP boost, felt pretty dumb when I realized it wasn't an active benefit) but I'm just into the 60s and I went fairly vanilla to start class wise. Hopefully hit 99 and start boosting the better classes soon.

Looking at the class to get all the skills on, fighter seems to be the best option as you don't seem to be chasing the support skills since they only have 1 that they learn so you are just trying to farm their attack skills.  Am I reading this wrong or do you have to teach them the skills they don't/can't learn by using the Grimoires?

You have to teach the class all the attack skills the class can learn, plus all the support skill. You'll need to use the grimoire system and level up different units to get the skills, then equip the skills on those units, use them in battle to level up the mastery to level 2 so you can create a grimoire, then use the grimoire on your character you want to get all the support skills.

Lots of grind.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

You have to teach the class all the attack skills the class can learn, plus all the support skill. You'll need to use the grimoire system and level up different units to get the skills, then equip the skills on those units, use them in battle to level up the mastery to level 2 so you can create a grimoire, then use the grimoire on your character you want to get all the support skills.

Lots of grind.

Lol, you make it sound so much simpler than in the guide. I couldn’t make heads or tails of it. ?

8 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Lol, you make it sound so much simpler than in the guide. I couldn’t make heads or tails of it. ?

if only it was easy as it sounds ?

having to grind characters skill levels up is so boring

i can't imagine trying to do it without the online, you get so much more exp in wars than you do offline

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

if only it was easy as it sounds 1f634.png

having to grind characters skill levels up is so boring

i can't imagine trying to do it without the online, you get so much more exp in wars than you do offline

Skill levels don't increase based on earned exp, but on amount of battles fought. Each battle awards a fixed amount of skill exp for every equipped skill, even if you don't use it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Lots of grind.

Thanks, that makes it a little clearer.

7 hours ago, I3rand0 said:

My characters are in the 60s now, how do I acquire better weapons and gear for them?

The shop in the capital for whatever nation you're contracted to, merchants in the travel quests, some of the versus quests have weapons / gear as rewards.  It's all random, so sometimes there will be nothing worthwhile and then sometimes there will be a ton of stuff you want.

You can also make stuff at the Blacksmith but that's much slower and you have to find blueprints. Haven't delved into it too much with the time crunch.

If I don't think wrong you should go for the "Short Sights" after having about 15 Flags from war right?
Because my logic is... "Short Sights" is a random gift from the leader of a fraction after 500 steps (so do 500 steps in travel quest [12-13 random events]) and than you get gifts...
But every gift you get from the leader is a Grimoire... so if you really have many bad luck it is possible that you get a Grimoire for every needed support skill before you even get "Short Sights" so you don't need anymore to get by making it in training with mastering the skills...

So I do it like that:
Getting 15 Flags in war... -> doing travel quest (500 Steps) over and over again til you have "Short sights" -> going for the rest of the support skills -> and than: Get Valkyria (because you should have a high mercenary rank, so you should get a high rank Valkyria for your "Skill Completionist" trophy, which make more sense than getting all skills for a low ranked Valkyria from the beginning)

And is anyone really sure there are no other trophies involved than the Flag trophy when the game is offline? For example: are you able to get in every capitol when the game is offline? Because it seems that the captiols I can visit are depending on my contract.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2019 at 3:34 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

LanderthAmidst the battle and chaos, suddenly a war horn resounded across Resonail, the likes of which hadn't been heard for a long, long time. The war horn's sound resembled the roar of a dragon, it filled allies with hope and foes with despair. For they knew, a legendary mercenary squad had returned to witness the final days of the war.

Translation: I've downloaded the game again and my Valkyrie Alexia can be hired (you need to be at least lvl 94 to hire the unit). Once you reach lvl 94-99, keep one unit in that level range in your squad, so you can keep hiring the Valkyrie to powerlevel. Here's the search info:

• Squad Name: Dragons
  • Captain: Dragon
  • Comment: El Psy Kongroo
  • Search Tag: Dragon

*snip

I'm presuming you need to be with the Landrath (blue guys) war contract to get access to your character sicne I joined up with the Fiel (green guys) to have access to the power Paladins. I know you said earlier you could recruit it from different nations but after following you it doesn't show up in the alliance section like the Fiel guys I follow do.

Did anyone else in a different nation manage to recruit her?

Got another 4 days with Fiel on the contract so that should give me time to pick it up later.

Edited by Obscure_Ale

You do not need those hired powerlevel characters at all, frankly the Mercenary Flags are the only thing you should focus on while the game is online. I'll do a short writeup in a new thread shortly, since this one has gone quite long and information gets lost in it :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ars said:

You do not need those hired powerlevel characters at all, frankly the Mercenary Flags are the only thing you should focus on while the game is online. I'll do a short writeup in a new thread shortly, since this one has gone quite long and information gets lost in it :)

The Power Paladins seem quite a necessity to me, I managed to get my team to level 99 and pick up 9 flags from battle rewards during that time which took 12 hours couldn't imagine doing that without the 300% Exp boost and 1 hit screen clear Paladins whilst the online timer is ticking down.

Edited by Obscure_Ale
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Obscure_Ale said:

The Power Paladins seem quite a necessity to me, I managed to get my team to level 99 and pick up 9 flags from battle rewards during that time which took 12 hours couldn't imagine doing that without the 300% Exp boost and 1 hit screen clear Paladins whilst the online timer is ticking down.

They're definitely helpful. Yesterday I got the 20K damage trophy while just farming War by using one of those lvl99 hires. Then later on I got the 99 combo one by basically stacking my own troops on top of all the enemies and using chase zone and a few over spins. Think it was like a 160+ hit combo worth 48K damage.

If you were to use the tiered powerlevel system from the beginning, you'll probably shave off like 10-20 hours off by just not having to struggle through the low level stuff at all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ars said:

I will look forward to it, since I highly doubt that I will have time to finish the grind before the servers are closed. 

Luckily my brother have been doing logins (setup wars, dispatching units, retrieving them and collecting flags), so, I yesterday I already had the 20 flag trophy. Now it looks like it was a waste of 7€ for the 10 flag pack, but whatever. 

My plan when I get my Vita again is to go for Short Sight skill grind first, then powerlvl (hopefully I will get closer to rank S during the Short Sight grind...)

Hi guys, thanks for the responses :) I'm typing it up but it takes a while since I have to keep loading it up on Vita and reloading the WWW pages I found to confirm the correct terms, correct menu entries etc. Almost done.

The Feal online hire powerlevel system is definitely useful, but not required at all (I know of an offline method that gets your chars to lv 52 for full skillset unlock in an hour or so). It's obviously nice to get eg. the 20k damage trophy ahead of time, but since you MUST get to Mercenary Rank S anyway, you could simply make your own Overspin Paladin that kills everything including your own characters, your dog, and your mother. Personally, I prefer Valkyries though because they dont take ages to move :P

Edit: I don't use an Overspin Pally, my Pally uses Brave Spike -> Move Strike and Speed Zone. This way he (and all the rest of my Troop) can enter all the way to the back of the enemy zone and generally kill everyone within one turn. It's all about group composition. Overspin is just ridiculous, but frankly if you want to use that then all your toons need Friendly Fire (=negate damage from squadmates) :D

Edited by ars
more info
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Alpha-Jinro said:

And is anyone really sure there are no other trophies involved than the Flag trophy when the game is offline? For example: are you able to get in every capitol when the game is offline? Because it seems that the captiols I can visit are depending on my contract.

During the 1-hour ceasefire period and also once your contract expires you can freely go to each capital.

Based on my testing and googling, I'm 99% sure the Squad Flags are the ONLY thing affected by the server shutdown. All the other tricks and methods are offline. The only question is are you unable to Contract a Faction once the game goes offline, but it'll only shut you off from a good resource for Support Skills etc.

I got around to publish a quick and dirty compilation of endgame stuff, feel free to review and comment either there or here and I'll edit it where needed :) Could do a note on Troop composition and DPS skills for example.

The post is not meant to take over by this thread by any means, rather simply compile useful information on focal points of the game, as this thread runs 200 posts long. Tag my old friend @Mesopithecus to notify about stuff I've found :)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ars said:

Based on my testing and googling, I'm 99% sure the Squad Flags are the ONLY thing affected by the server shutdown. All the other tricks and methods are offline. The only question is are you unable to Contract a Faction once the game goes offline, but it'll only shut you off from a good resource for Support Skills etc. 

Wouldn't that mean that there's a chance "Short Sight" may become impossible to get after server shutdown too? 

This is why I'm planning in grind to get this skill before powerlvl. 

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Wouldn't that mean that there's a chance "Short Sight" may become impossible to get after server shutdown too? 

This is why I'm planning in grind to get this skill before powerlvl. 

IIRC you don't need to form a contract to get a reward after 500 steps, but memory is a bit hazy about that. If someone could test this just in case, I'd appreciate it.

@Han_the_Dragon Short Sight is absolutely not related to anything online. I did address this in my PSA too because it might be a matter of confusion to new players.

It's a random drop on two specific locations. either the faction lord you contracted AFTER specific steps in Travel quest, OR repeatedly beating random encounter Barr the knight WITHIN the Travel quest. Edit: Barr doesn't require servers to be online.

Edit: Han_the_Dragon is right. You cannot MAKE a Contract OR END a Contract without online mode. This means Short Sight is ONLY available from Barr. I'll edit my PSA now. And thank you for correcting us Han :)

Edited by ars
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ars said:

@Han_the_Dragon Short Sight is absolutely not related to anything online. I did address this in my PSA too because it might be a matter of confusion to new players.

It's a random drop on two specific locations. either the faction lord you contracted AFTER specific steps in Travel quest, OR repeatedly beating random encounter Barr the knight WITHIN the Travel quest. Neither of these require servers to be online.

I did say "perhaps there's an off chance you might not be able to contract a faction once the servers go" but now I regret it, because people who are unfamiliar with how online games work took this as a cue it's a possibility. I do not consider this a real possibility.

OK, thanks!

Ya, my issue was with being able to Contract to a Faction again (this had nothing to do with your post, I was already thinking that way before you said anything). 

I remember running into that guy a few times, is his lvl related to anything, like "Travel map that we are in" , or, "increase each time we defeat him"? 

Anyway, this leaves me more at ease, since now I know that I can plat the game 100% for sure regardless of the server closure. Now's just a question of time and grind, nothing missable for me! 

Thank to clear that up! 

There's still the thing that @Dragon-Archon said about we being able to get rewards for the 500 steps in the kingdom quest without a contract, but would require further testing.

For now, I think that the wisest route of priority is: Flags > S rank + Short sight > lvl up first batch to lvl99 > improve a character to most S (Valkyrie, Paladin would be the best) > grind for the character specific trophies > skills grind

This way, it should reduce the time needed, specially if we get the all S character while online is still available (or at least the lvl99 character for the offline EXP grind method). 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

No, characters come from somewhere (which affected their buffs oslt) but there are no limits to hiring. Each time you finish a quest you get a random pool of 8 characters with randomized skills, looks, home faction. So if you're looking for something specific, keep doing Quest Clear and going to Hire right after.