1001 Jackalopes

Kwotey

I haven’t done it myself yet, will do it soon, and I also find it a bit difficult to understand so I’m going to follow this video playlist.

Seems the easiest way to do it for me.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

• 10 months later...

For 1001 Jackalopes, does it matter if I put cartridge 1, cartridge 2, or cartridge 3 on the left slot or right slot at the jackalope generator?

I still don't understand the functions of left slot and right slot at the jackalope generator. Can somebody explain it? Thank you.

14 hours ago, buttnutdude1 said:

Yes it does matter which slot they go into. I watched a video for that whole part because I too did not understand that at all. It's a pain but just watch a video and pay close attention it is confusing. You got this

Thanks, but I've just got this pesky trophy with the help of a spreadsheet. Wohooo! :dance:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, ryogmann said:

This trophy is the worst, 2 hours with guide still didnt get the trophy, 

You need to be very thorough when aiming for this trophy. It may take longer if you're slow like me, but the trophy will definitely pop if you don't make a single mistake.

I followed this spreadsheet religiously. :lol:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

You need to be very thorough when aiming for this trophy. It may take longer if you're slow like me, but the trophy will definitely pop if you don't make a single mistake.

I followed this spreadsheet religiously. :lol:

Can you maybe private message me instructions on how to follow that spreadsheet maybe treat me like I'm brain damaged or really dumb cause I look at it and I'm still confused even the videos out there confuse me and I'm usually fairly quick on the uptake but this task is just all kinds of mind numbing

11 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm brain damaged or really dumb

It's color coded to match the cartridges. Once you do the first creation, you'll catch on. More tedious than anything.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

It's color coded to match the cartridges. Once you do the first creation, you'll catch on. More tedious than anything.

I uh... im not sure you intentionally clipped what I said that way but it's kinda funny and kinda embarrassing

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I can see it's color coded but it's not clicking what I'm doing like do I switch out the cartridges it says on the right specific color for specific slot don't I supposed to switch them around to get different parts or just mess with the blue put line one of the then line 1 of yellow then line 1 of red then move down or do I switch the placements for different things 

37 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I uh... im not sure you intentionally clipped what I said that way but it's kinda funny and kinda embarrassing

I can see it's color coded but it's not clicking what I'm doing like do I switch out the cartridges it says on the right specific color for specific slot don't I supposed to switch them around to get different parts or just mess with the blue put line one of the then line 1 of yellow then line 1 of red then move down or do I switch the placements for different things 

See this video, but I suggest you NOT to follow it when you're playing the game. It is better to use the above spreadsheet.

44 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

See this video, but I suggest you NOT to follow it when you're playing the game. It is better to use the above spreadsheet.

I sorta understand the concept but I don't understand how to read the spreadsheet so it will help me know what to do and when I don't want to lose track of what I've already done and such. I really wish they would make a step by step text guide or text with images to visually show what's going on

20 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I really wish they would make a step by step text guide

Each "jackalope" is made of five pieces. Each of the five pieces have three variants that represent different traits for the newly generated abomination.

The section in the middle has five shapes. The spreadsheet refers to these as "star, triangle, cross" etc. The parts you place in here will reflect one of the three variants of each piece.

aOOpwRJ.png?1

For example, the first row of the spreadsheet has this:

lbNZK3s.png?1

Meaning, to create the jackalope for the blue cartridge, you'd need the "small" variant in the star shape in the middle, the horn would go in the cross, etc. In the same way, the yellow cartridge would need the medium variant in the star, hat in the cross, etc.

One thing to note, is the order of the pieces on the spreadsheet aren't the same order they appear in the game. It would help if it was listed "cross, circle, triangle, star, square", but you'll adjust to the slight annoyance of this.

Hopefully, this made it a little more clear. Again, look at the spreadsheet and watch the video to truly get a grasp of what's going on. Once you start the process for real, it'll feel more relatable to the references as you go through the motions yourself.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Gotta say I've done quite a few trophies over the years and this was one of the most tedious trophies I've ever done.

If anyone gets these on sale like I did, they're pretty straight forward platinums until you get to this trophy. My only advice is that, if you don't fully understand what the spreadsheets are saying, watch videos until you absolutely have it ingrained in your head. I went in half sure of myself and ended up having to re-do all of my progress because I messed up somewhere.

Good luck to all future hunters who attempt this one. Other than this one single trophy, the games are pretty great.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...