FIFA 20 Trophy Thoughts

othmaneAD

Got to Div 4 the other day, finally. Best tips I can give for anyone who sees this in the future and feels stuck:

1. Play the style you're most comfortable with. Ultimately, the game is different from FIFA 19, but aside from finesse shots and headers being heavily nerfed, it's not crazy different. I switched to the 4-2-3-1 wide I've used successfully the past few years and went on a 17-2-2 run to get from the 800s to the high 1200s over the course of 3 days. 

2. Play Rivals when everyone else is doing Weekend League. Particularly on Fridays, you're filtering out all the best players. I lost exactly one in 12 games playing then, as the quality of the competition dropped significantly in my experience, even when I was high up in Div 5.

To be fair, I do have an very powerful squad (184) after getting some pack luck (doing the SBCs is def worth it), flipping cards on the market, and buying some FIFA points, but I was winning comfortably most of the time. And even before that I was finding success just playing the way I was most comfortable with instead of trying to play the 1 depth/1 width "meta."

My tactics: 4-2-3-1 (2) // Pressure on Heavy Touch, 4 width, 3 depth // Balanced, 5 width, 5 players in box, 2 corners, 2 free kicks.

Striker (Aguero): Get in Behind and Stay Forward // CAM (Firmino): Stay Forward // RM (Sterling) and LM (Mane): don't touch // CDMs (Sissoko and Wijnaldum): Cover Center, Stay Back on Defense, Cut Passing Lanes // LB (Digne), RB (Semedo), CBs (Hernandez and Lenglet): don't touch

The key is having pace everywhere possible, but especially with the wingers who will come back and help on defense occasionally and the two well-rounded CDMs that can keep up playing box-to-box. Sissoko and Wijnaldum were those CDMs for me but there are lots of other cheap ones that can work just as well with the right chem card (Ndombele, etc.). Keep the pressure up on defense without overcommitting with the CBs, and don't let your opponent break your shape. Then break quickly when you win possession and, above all else, play confident.

Hope that helps anyone if you get stuck. Good luck!

Edited by JD-D2

I might have some good news, but I'm not sure!

Try to get 2.000 weekend league points so you can enter 'Fut Champions' (weekend league). 

The next thing you want to try is to get wins in the weekend league. What I've noticed. If you win games in weekend league, you will get your weekscore. 

I have currently 948 points, and because I ended up in silver 3 with weekend league, I will get 400 more points. This means I will end up by having more than 1200 points. 

Again, I'm not sure about this, this is just something that I noticed. Thursday I will get the rewards from weekend league and I hope i will receive the weekscore I have seen on the screen by winning games. 

Edited by bertek-17-ghost

13 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Got to Div 4 the other day, finally. Best tips I can give for anyone who sees this in the future and feels stuck:

1. Play the style you're most comfortable with. Ultimately, the game is different from FIFA 19, but aside from finesse shots and headers being heavily nerfed, it's not crazy different. I switched to the 4-2-3-1 wide I've used successfully the past few years and went on a 17-2-2 run to get from the 800s to the high 1200s over the course of 3 days. 

2. Play Rivals when everyone else is doing Weekend League. Particularly on Fridays, you're filtering out all the best players. I lost exactly one in 12 games playing then, as the quality of the competition dropped significantly in my experience, even when I was high up in Div 5.

To be fair, I do have an very powerful squad (184) after getting some pack luck (doing the SBCs is def worth it), flipping cards on the market, and buying some FIFA points, but I was winning comfortably most of the time. And even before that I was finding success just playing the way I was most comfortable with instead of trying to play the 1 depth/1 width "meta."

My tactics: 4-2-3-1 (2) // Pressure on Heavy Touch, 4 width, 3 depth // Balanced, 5 width, 5 players in box, 2 corners, 2 free kicks.

Striker (Aguero): Get in Behind and Stay Forward // CAM (Firmino): Stay Forward // RM (Sterling) and LM (Mane): don't touch // CDMs (Sissoko and Wijnaldum): Cover Center, Stay Back on Defense, Cut Passing Lanes // LB (Digne), RB (Semedo), CBs (Hernandez and Lenglet): don't touch

The key is having pace everywhere possible, but especially with the wingers who will come back and help on defense occasionally and the two well-rounded CDMs that can keep up playing box-to-box. Sissoko and Wijnaldum were those CDMs for me but there are lots of other cheap ones that can work just as well with the right chem card (Ndombele, etc.). Keep the pressure up on defense without overcommitting with the CBs, and don't let your opponent break your shape. Then break quickly when you win possession and, above all else, play confident.

Hope that helps anyone if you get stuck. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. The problem i have is that i’m not a regular Fifa player. The last Fifa i played was Fifa 18. And pretty much not touched any Fifa game since. And because of that i am getting beat so easily. 

I have an even better team than yours. Mine is rated 88. I have Aguero, Salah, Sane, Pogba, De Bruyne, Kante, Van Dijk, Walker, Robertson, De Gea. And i still can’t win even if i play against an 81 rated team. I miss place passes, i get disposed too easily, i can’t finish well enough. The list goes on. I mean i wasn't that bad on Fifa 18. I managed to reach division 2 in seasons. 

When does the Weekend League start? Friday? And does it end Sunday? Is it every weekend? I may have to try and put some practice in and get playing it this weekend! 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:57 AM, bertek-17-ghost said:

I might have some good news, but I'm not sure!

Try to get 2.000 weekend league points so you can enter 'Fut Champions' (weekend league). 

The next thing you want to try is to get wins in the weekend league. What I've noticed. If you win games in weekend league, you will get your weekscore. 

I have currently 948 points, and because I ended up in silver 3 with weekend league, I will get 400 more points. This means I will end up by having more than 1200 points. 

Again, I'm not sure about this, this is just something that I noticed. Thursday I will get the rewards from weekend league and I hope i will receive the weekscore I have seen on the screen by winning games. 

Sorry but unless it has changed in Fifa 20 the points you are rewarded with are for weekend league qualification, not your Division rank. So every weekend you need 2k points to qualify for the next weekend, if you got 400 as a reward then you only need to get 1,600 for the next weekend.

18 hours ago, Radford999 said:

I have Aguero, Salah, Sane, Pogba, De Bruyne, Kante, Van Dijk, Walker, Robertson, De Gea.

How the hell did you afford this?

4 hours ago, Elliott3396 said:

Sorry but unless it has changed in Fifa 20 the points you are rewarded with are for weekend league qualification, not your Division rank. So every weekend you need 2k points to qualify for the next weekend, if you got 400 as a reward then you only need to get 1,600 for the next weekend.

How the hell did you afford this?

I packed an icon and sold him lol. Lucky. 

21 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Well i think i just give up with getting to division 4. I can’t do it. I’m Just not good enough. :(

Listen to your own advice! ;)

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, Radford999 said:

Go for this trophy in a few weeks/months when all good players are in division 1/2. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, djb5f said:

Exactly.  Let the elites level up and beat the noobs and intermediate players.

Edited by djb5f

On 07/10/2019 at 11:50 PM, JD-D2 said:

1. Play the style you're most comfortable with. Ultimately, the game is different from FIFA 19, but aside from finesse shots and headers being heavily nerfed, it's not crazy different. 

Unless you are comparing finesse shots from the first half of FIFA 19, that were extremely OP when timed, that's definitely not right. Finesse shots are one of the best shots in FIFA 20 due to the new shooting animations they have. Considering 1V1's are not actually fixed yet, across the body shots are not that easy to score at the moment unless it's a low driven shot. Near post and finesse shots are the most effective for now. 

On 08/10/2019 at 5:57 AM, bertek-17-ghost said:

That's not how it works, and not the way Elliot explained above as well. The points you achieve by playing Weekend League (you get 400 points regardless if it's a win or a loss) count for the Weekly Rankings, that you are reward with either packs or coins. It goes up to 12K points if you play all your 30 games. 

What Elliot said was actually the Qualification Points, that you need to get to 2K every week or achieve Silver 3 to auto-qualify. Weekly Rankings points and Qualification Points are different things to Division Points. You already received your points at the end of every game you've played, just check the Division Rivals tab. Come Thursday, you'll receive auto-qualification to the next Weekend League due to your ranking, and the rewards. But that's it. The only way to get Division Points is by playing Rivals and winning (or drawing, sometimes). 

• Like 1

Nothing boils my blood more than this game. Especially when you come up against teams filled with pricey talent and that alone wins them the game.

I've been playing all day and I've just been going up and down constantly, think I started around 1089 this morning and end the day at 1050.

Honestly this would be fine if I didn't want the trophy, I think this is probably exactly where I should be in the rankings based on my skill level + my shitty 81 rated team. The problem is the match making is just too good, I'm constantly getting 1 game against someone I am better than followed by 1 game against someone I am worse than and it just repeats over and over again.

Highest I have been was 1150, I'd have to get very lucky to win 4 games in a row to guarantee division 4.

TL;DR fuck this p2w FUT bullshit. Hopefully it gets easier at Christmas time.

2 minutes ago, Elliott3396 said:

Nothing boils my blood more than this game. Especially when you come up against teams filled with pricey talent and that alone wins them the game.

I've been playing all day and I've just been going up and down constantly, think I started around 1089 this morning and end the day at 1050.

Honestly this would be fine if I didn't want the trophy, I think this is probably exactly where I should be in the rankings based on my skill level + my shitty 81 rated team. The problem is the match making is just too good, I'm constantly getting 1 game against someone I am better than followed by 1 game against someone I am worse than and it just repeats over and over again.

Highest I have been was 1150, I'd have to get very lucky to win 4 games in a row to guarantee division 4.

TL;DR fuck this p2w FUT bullshit. Hopefully it gets easier at Christmas time.

I encourage you and anyone else trying this trophy to do the Advanced SBC's before trying to get into Rivals. Back in the day you would face bronze teams in these game modes, but ever since FUT Champions was introduced, the playerbase got smarter. In all of my placement matches i faced teams worth 250K or more, and that was in the full release week. Regardless, i got to DIV4 after placements, although i don't have a problem with this trophy (i'm a DIV1 player). 

Don't be behind the competition. Advanced SBC's give you profit at all times, and with the amount of packs you will open, with average luck you'll get 200K, and much more depending on what you pack. Because of those SBC's, my starter squad was worth 350K. With a team like that you will be ahead of a lot of players, or at least even with the majority of them. 

Good luck. 

5 hours ago, Gaollion said:

Unless you are comparing finesse shots from the first half of FIFA 19, that were extremely OP when timed, that's definitely not right. Finesse shots are one of the best shots in FIFA 20 due to the new shooting animations they have. Considering 1V1's are not actually fixed yet, across the body shots are not that easy to score at the moment unless it's a low driven shot. Near post and finesse shots are the most effective for now. 

I'm referring to timed finesse shots from outside of the box, yes. That was arguably the best way to score for much of FIFA 19 (which was a joke), now it is only somewhat effective. Personally I've found regular power shots and driven finesse shots to be most effective this year, but yes, regular finesse shots can still work in the right situation. Timed finesse, though, not as good.

Edited by JD-D2