Please play the Murfy challenge today (possible glitch) (9/14/19)

ElevExplorer64

Okay, so it appears the highest possible score for this challenge is 1361.17 meters, which would be perfect for getting a diamond cup. Unfortunately, since we can't have nice things, one user somehow managed 3394.53 meters, which is not possible. I'm guessing it's a cheater since no one else has even gotten close to that.

Not all hope is lost, though. In theory, if 200 people play the challenge today (and no one else cheats), everyone who gets 1361.17 meters could still win the diamond cup (since they will all be tied with second place), and therefore unlock the "Champion!" trophy. Just putting it out there. If anyone has this game, please play the Daily Challenge today. Glitched challenges are super rare, and this could be a chance to get the hardest trophy in the game.

Its not glitched, what you experience is, at the bumper at 1320m you get too much speed so u overrun the platform & bumper later, but this can be countered by giving the spiked pillar a little swipe down just when ur character is underneath it, so instead of jumping on the floor he grabs the ledge instead & gets normal speed back

I would record it if you really want me to, but i need to charge both my vita & camera for that

And dont think you'll get diamond, RV1468DH2517AS multiaccounts (playing with multiple accounts with multiple vita's) with Remco-rascal which will turn up later today, which is annoying, thats kinda the reason i would beat him just to not give him a possible (2nd) diamond because multiaccounting is pretty bad (2 'the same' person with skills stealing diamond, makes it 200% harder to get a diamond for others because the amount of people wanting to get diamond rises but the amount of people playing doesnt (2 accounts want diamond & only 2 accounts join the challenge))

There's others like Arkiokin having multiple accounts but at least he would only 'go diamond' with 1 & would use the other 'just to join' 

So... Dont get your hopes up with todays challenge

• Like 1

@ElevExplorer64 well lets hope

You'll notice though, mostly they tend to happen around 512 meters, or the harder one of 4095,43m

Dont worry about it, i basically try to notify anybody everywhere as soon as i notice so if you just keep watch around here or are in contact with some other trying to get it you'll know fast enough

Maybe a gaming session could prove useful in this manner, so everybody could hurdle together & i could notify everyone through there, after the awesomeness 11 people tend to stop & actually miss the glitched ones because of being inactive in the game

I used to hold a list of everyone but since it gets confusing (some want to be notified here, some via psn, some via youtube, some via discord...) its too much work to deal with, so basically now i have a 'spread the word' thing if it happens

Indeed, this path is a "not so rare path" that should be appeared glitched the first time you encounter it...but is not. I've made an old video on it (named it "omega" at this time) : 

Btw, AdruA_ is right, I sometimes use a second account, but it is only because my main account is "broken" on some situations since 3 years : with Arkiokin, my game will be freeze (a total freeze that need to relaunch the game or the error c2-12881 which lead to automatically quit the game) after a certain amount of gaming time (typically after less than 2 hours ot total gaming time) : for example, because of this glitch on my account, I have lost a ton of lums award when I connected the network challenge (launch the game-->connect-->C2 error-->re-launch the game-->re-C2 error-->re-launch the game and finally access to the challenge : but no reward of the previous cup and no lums reward).

So, when i want to play a serious long run, which need time, if I play with Arkiokin I have more than 50% chance that my game will be never recorded at high distances (and freezing at 40km, after 2 hours playing for nothing, is pretty...annoying) : I sometimes try it, but always with the thought my game will be stop at any moment : sometimes it works, sometimes not (last time I played a murfy challenge I freezed at 34.8km, nobody would never see it...). in this case, I play with my second account to be sure to go as further as possible without any "sword of damocles" above my head. For towers, pits and dojo max lums, I can't play with my main account anymore if i want to make long distances. For murfy's I can eventually play with my main account, only if the freeze bug was encountered pretty soon before (so I can be more confident to not encounter it again too quickly), for lands too and also for dojo max lums, with the condition I will not go further than 10000 lums (try to reaching 15000 is 90% sure I will encounter a C2 error). It's also more easy to use my main account on a weekly challenge, because I can support a freeze run, and have time to play again some other "one hour run". Otherwise I use ArkioHansha, knowing in any cases I never play for diamond cups, but just for personal records achievements (knowing that I have more than 60% chance to never had any diamond cup, even if I am ranked 1st, if I go over 10km and if there will less than 200 players on the challenge : but it's not important for me, the cup is much less important than the paths I can succeed). So I will play with 2 accounts only if I first play with Arkiohansha : i play with Arkiokin after that, only to increase the number of players, and also mainly to keep a trace of my score (screen capture on my main console, since each console has its own account).

Otherwise, I'm totally right with AdruA_ : playing with a second account to reach the same Top you reached with your first account is non-sense and unfair, especially on Vita (and it is a pure waste of time...)

Edited by Arkiokin

@Arkiokin oh didnt know u had trouble with connecting on ur 'kin' account, i also get it freeze alot lately, but only when i try to connect, it freezes quite hard though, cant do anything, need to let the battery run out in order to be able to use it again, luckily i have 2 so i can swap out between them xD

But i know ur not playing it for the diamonds, or making the game 'harder', its just annoying RV does, he has done quite some 'stolen diamonds' against me just because of doing it twice, im not that bothered by it, but i can imagine it would be a very wrong move to happen to someone trying to get a diamond cup, i just roll my eyes in that matter

Btw, see you next time on the lands wallglitch ;), i've been practicing it, at least someone needs to give ya some competition ?

On 9/14/2019 at 4:22 PM, AdruA_ said:

@ElevExplorer64 well lets hope

You'll notice though, mostly they tend to happen around 512 meters, or the harder one of 4095,43m

Dont worry about it, i basically try to notify anybody everywhere as soon as i notice so if you just keep watch around here or are in contact with some other trying to get it you'll know fast enough

Maybe a gaming session could prove useful in this manner, so everybody could hurdle together & i could notify everyone through there, after the awesomeness 11 people tend to stop & actually miss the glitched ones because of being inactive in the game

I used to hold a list of everyone but since it gets confusing (some want to be notified here, some via psn, some via youtube, some via discord...) its too much work to deal with, so basically now i have a 'spread the word' thing if it happens

Just wanted to say thank you for doing that.  I've gotten pretty good at the game and 100%ed it on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and in a month or so probably PS4.  I've gotten probably 5 or 6 diamond cups I think.  I play just about every day, because I love this game, always trying to get better, but my reaction times are not very good.  Online tests tell me they think I'm 50 years old lol.  But still, I have worked hard and developed muscle memory and I can reliably get gold medals, even if it's hard.  I'm trying to make sure I don't get the silver or bronze medal trophies until after Truly Awesome on PS4 just to show that.  I'll probably give it a shot on PS3 in the future as well.  This is the only platformer that's truly compelled me to try to get better.  It's so good!

So definitely appreciate you checking every day.  Try as I might I never can get scores over about 1700m on a good day in any kind of challenge.  Vertical is my best.  So if we could get a 500m~ challenge for a diamond that would definitely give me the confidence to try and jump in and try to get the plat on Vita too.  You bet I'd try for diamonds legit after that though!  And even if I never got one, I'd still be on every day as long as I could to build up the awesomeness.

Random question in case I do end up getting this for Vita, is there any reason I shouldn't do the game without the invasion levels, get the trophies, and then download them after?  I'd think that would make the trophies easier to knock off, but would still let me get more awesomeness level progress when I download them.  Or does that screw up my save and I'd need a separate save involving invasion levels?  Because I browsed around for some guides and they seemed to pitch it as either/or.  Like either you get the invasion levels for harder trophies but more awesomeness, or you get easier trophies and less awesomeness and more online grind.  But like, I don't see why you couldn't have both, just download the invasion levels after.  Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

@Chettlar It highly depends on when you plan to get started on the challenges. It won't take as long to get all the offline trophies without the patch, but you will need the patch to play online. I noticed that when I started a save on the original version and then did the update, I encountered a nasty bug where one of the Teensies from the lucky tickets needed for 100% completion didn't show up. To get around this, I backed up my save, re-downloaded the game without the patch, and got all of the Teensies. As long as you start a save wither with or without the patch and then play it to completion without doing any updates, you should be fine.

1 hour ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

@Chettlar It highly depends on when you plan to get started on the challenges. It won't take as long to get all the offline trophies without the patch, but you will need the patch to play online. I noticed that when I started a save on the original version and then did the update, I encountered a nasty bug where one of the Teensies from the lucky tickets needed for 100% completion didn't show up. To get around this, I backed up my save, re-downloaded the game without the patch, and got all of the Teensies. As long as you start a save wither with or without the patch and then play it to completion without doing any updates, you should be fine.

But can't I do both too?  Just like get all the teensies without the patch, earn the trophy, and then download the patch afterwards and then do whichever challenges I like?  I feel like that would make it so there's less pressure on me to get all the challenges done.  They always take me a lot of practice.

I'll probably do them all anyway, I guess maybe I'm just curious to know.  In the end I can probably figure it out I guess.  I just didn't know why everyone says either or, when I don't see why you couldn't just get the trophy and then get the patch.  That way even a really bad player could get the trophy for all teensies, then do only some of the challenges for some extra awesomeness level to help them get to level 11 easier.

Like I say though I'll probably end up getting the full 700 anyway or whatever it is.  It's just that sometimes on PS Vita I get cramps :/  My muscles are prone to locking up sometimes.  It's just a problem I have to deal with.  So I love my Vita I just don't play it super often.  Always try my best though.

@Chettlar i dont know about anything being easier with patches or not, but however i assume u'll need it installed if ya wanna play the online challenges

One thing im sure of though, if you want to plat the vita version, wait it out until a glitched challenge happens, there's no idea when it'll show up (could be tomorrow, could be in 2 years) because otherwise its next to impossible to win a diamond cup, even for me, i hardly get diamonds myself & if i do its mostly because i share a exact score with someone else (community is pretty laidback, we kinda silently agree with sharing cups, there's honestly no point in trying to beat eachother for ages if you can share it) so i can assume any newcomers or no 'pro-for-ages' wont get it 'legit' 

This game is dying quite fast (nowadays even weekly doesnt get 400) so the chances are dropping pretty fast, too bad such a good game dies out... But its normal since its already getting old

I also didnt use my vita for anything, basically after trophyhunting whatever i wanted to, i stopped using it, at least now i still use it to play Rayman ;)

On 18/09/2019 at 6:57 PM, AdruA_ said:

@Arkiokin oh didnt know u had trouble with connecting on ur 'kin' account, i also get it freeze alot lately, but only when i try to connect, it freezes quite hard though, cant do anything, need to let the battery run out in order to be able to use it again, luckily i have 2 so i can swap out between them xD

But i know ur not playing it for the diamonds, or making the game 'harder', its just annoying RV does, he has done quite some 'stolen diamonds' against me just because of doing it twice, im not that bothered by it, but i can imagine it would be a very wrong move to happen to someone trying to get a diamond cup, i just roll my eyes in that matter

Btw, see you next time on the lands wallglitch ;), i've been practicing it, at least someone needs to give ya some competition 1f60a.png

My troubles with my main account is one of the reason I stopped to play intensively after so many months to fight with the game to simply have a final result ;) (considering I spend so much time on my favorite challenges, double this time was honestly too hard to continue like that, if I wanted to make other activities in my life lol)

For the Land Wallglitch, I tried the new technic which normally lead to succeed it, but after 2 or 3 months to reach the glitch distance each time, I never was able to applied it on Vita. With my own (and totally not reliable) technic i was just able to succed 4 or 5 consecutive wall glitches (but probably only by luck) so was my PB at 35.9km (Vita WR). Don't sure if any technic is possible on Vita, contrary to other consoles...It would be not impossible, since this version of rayman legends is pretty unique on some points. (I also played it on PS3, PS4, WiiU and Switch)

P.S : I play with ArkioHansha without having installed the invasion levels patch (maybe one of the reasons this account has never had any glitch ?) : the online levels are, of course, totally available ;) 

Edited by Arkiokin

@Arkiokin well i reached 33,01km last time, dunno if that wall glitched because i acted a bit too fast, normally u kick late so u grab the ledge, glue against it & free urself, i kinda freed myself immediately & messed up my jump because of that, it is known on the other consoles that it doesnt glitch all the time, so maybe i just didnt have a glitched one, who knows, besides doing 33km once is enough, i wouldnt play that 2x just to encounter a glitch xD maybe next time, we'll see

But ur right on the vita being different, i would even say completely different, murphies, lands, dojos... They all have something scratching ur head

According to my own stats, I made exactly 120 lands (vita) challenges over 30km, and among them, 98 were stopped by the wall glitch (I also made several challenges twice or more tries at this distance to just test to succeed the glitch : so yes 40 minutes playing for only be able to test a "one second" path ^^'' ) : now, it's over for me concerning this challenge, like it was on pits when I I realized that I could not die before 33.6km, even with one eye open by tiredness, and of course when I reached 105km and a ton of fancy distances, especially 27.77 km (this particular distance is somehow almost impossible to reach exactly). I now prefer to work a little bit on vita's murfy. Hope one day, I will be not the only one who reached the glitched phase...

P.S : concerning the challenge section, Vita's version is the best imho. Pity that so few players take part on it nowadays, and proplayers (from other versions) don't know it actually

Edited by Arkiokin

14 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

I now prefer to work a little bit on vita's murfy. Hope one day, I will be not the only one who reached the glitched phase...

This is basically asking me to do it xD

& yeah i like the vita the most, i dont know why honestly, i think its because the community around it is smaller so these 'few' that play it get along better. Also i like the fact it is 'different' even if it is harder than ps4 or something (although some disagree, Raymega for example played the vita for maybe a week until he got bored that 'it is a different game') 

Too bad this game has such notorious trophy, even the 'aweso me' tends to be too long for most, but i guess its also because of the vita console just being neglected for the most part... I can really count all good vita games that i played, on 1 hand

Should have given Rayman free on ps+ when they had the chance... 

From what I can gather, the last three glitched challenges took place on 9/15/18, 12/31/18, and 6/6/19. It could be a while before the next one. A shame, really. I do want to go for the plat, as this is one my favorite games of all time. I got the platinum in the PS4 version, completed the Xbox One version, and have less than 300 Awesomeness points to go in the 360 version (it is backwards compatible on Xbox One). The only reason I'm not doing the PS3 version is because I don't have a PS3, and currently don't have plans to get one. When I decided to get a Vita, this was one of the first games I bought for the system.

I'm not too worried about "Aweso me!" since I kind of enjoy the challenges, and consistently get silver and gold cups. "Champion!", however, may as well be unobtainable at this point. Again, I'm hoping we get a glitched challenge, as this platinum would really be something to be proud of. I plan to play the challenges every day until I reach Awesomeness 11 (I'm guessing this will take until the end of 2019 at minimum), and if there's no glitched challenge before then, I'll keep checking until one pops up.

8 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

From what I can gather, the last three glitched challenges took place on 9/15/18, 12/31/18, and 6/6/19. It could be a while before the next one. A shame, really. I do want to go for the plat, as this is one my favorite games of all time. I got the platinum in the PS4 version, completed the Xbox One version, and have less than 300 Awesomeness points to go in the 360 version (it is backwards compatible on Xbox One). The only reason I'm not doing the PS3 version is because I don't have a PS3, and currently don't have plans to get one. When I decided to get a Vita, this was one of the first games I bought for the system.

I'm not too worried about "Aweso me!" since I kind of enjoy the challenges, and consistently get silver and gold cups. "Champion!", however, may as well be unobtainable at this point. Again, I'm hoping we get a glitched challenge, as this platinum would really be something to be proud of. I plan to play the challenges every day until I reach Awesomeness 11 (I'm guessing this will take until the end of 2019 at minimum), and if there's no glitched challenge before then, I'll keep checking until one pops up.

Yeah I'm absolutely waiting for this.  If anyone posts when there is one (especially since I think you still need a bunch of people for it to work anyway?), I will absolute get the game and hop on and play every day.  I'm just worried about dipping my toes in before that point.  So those who are playing keep an eye out for sure!  

@ElevExplorer64 the game is getting too old to get it legit, people lose interest in it

@Chettlar@Chettlar in a glitched murphy distance u dont need alot of people, everybody just dies at a specific point, so everybody having that same score basically ends as '1st' so gets a diamond

If one shows up i try to spread the news as far as i can, nonetheless that doesnt mean everybody sees or hears it, so keep a close watch or stay in contact with others needing it (checking daily seems doable at start... But after some months u can quickly forget about it)

Dont get me wrong about not trying 'legit' though, its just that i've tried basically everything in order to give people a chance to earn a diamond, but i cant 'set' a too high score because nobody would bother doing the same, or set it too low because then even a single person can (and will, believe me) overtake me & anybody else having 'a same score' just for own profit (couple months ago we had 6 people with a same score, yet 1 messed it up because of going higher... Which kinda maddened 'the crowd' so everybody else just wanted to beat 'that guy' (Arkiokin knows what im talking about... He's beaten him twice that day xD)) so in order to get multiple diamonds we would need to be strict with everybody

Believe me, i tried it dozens of times, never worked, except for Dojo 60s because I & 2 others are the only ones getting that high without anybody able to mess it up, at least 1 of the 2 others would beat me miles ahead but feels fine stopping & sharing the cup, so theyre not all bad guys

6 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

@ElevExplorer64 the game is getting too old to get it legit, people lose interest in it

@Chettlar@Chettlar in a glitched murphy distance u dont need alot of people, everybody just dies at a specific point, so everybody having that same score basically ends as '1st' so gets a diamond

If one shows up i try to spread the news as far as i can, nonetheless that doesnt mean everybody sees or hears it, so keep a close watch or stay in contact with others needing it (checking daily seems doable at start... But after some months u can quickly forget about it)

Dont get me wrong about not trying 'legit' though, its just that i've tried basically everything in order to give people a chance to earn a diamond, but i cant 'set' a too high score because nobody would bother doing the same, or set it too low because then even a single person can (and will, believe me) overtake me & anybody else having 'a same score' just for own profit (couple months ago we had 6 people with a same score, yet 1 messed it up because of going higher... Which kinda maddened 'the crowd' so everybody else just wanted to beat 'that guy' (Arkiokin knows what im talking about... He's beaten him twice that day xD)) so in order to get multiple diamonds we would need to be strict with everybody

Believe me, i tried it dozens of times, never worked, except for Dojo 60s because I & 2 others are the only ones getting that high without anybody able to mess it up, at least 1 of the 2 others would beat me miles ahead but feels fine stopping & sharing the cup, so theyre not all bad guys

Yeah I get it, it seems a glitch is the only way.  I will just keep checking back every day as much as I can.

On 24/09/2019 at 0:21 PM, AdruA_ said:

& yeah i like the vita the most, i dont know why honestly, i think its because the community around it is smaller so these 'few' that play it get along better. Also i like the fact it is 'different' even if it is harder than ps4 or something (although some disagree, Raymega for example played the vita for maybe a week until he got bored that 'it is a different game') 

Too bad this game has such notorious trophy, even the 'aweso me' tends to be too long for most, but i guess its also because of the vita console just being neglected for the most part... I can really count all good vita games that i played, on 1 hand

Should have given Rayman free on ps+ when they had the chance... 

The main advantages for Vita's version is that ALL players should play with the same weapons : on other versions, players can reach different achievements than another ones simply because they could play with the 2 players mode (on normal challenges), they could use the (very stupid) murfy's reset glitch on normal pits (and Vita is the ONLY version where this glitch is totally impossible to trigger) and mostly there is an input lag on all TV versions of Rayman legends. This imput lag is more or less important, only depending of your TV display, so players don't play equally is they have a bad TV or a gamer screen. For me, it's impossible to play seriously on PS3 with my TV (lag is way too important) and on PS4 the lag is slightly better but not enough low to reach real impressive scores. When I need to seriously make a great perform on these consoles, I need to switch my TV screen by my Gamer PC screen (which is an annoying operation). 

A point that is also a bit disappointing is that the general level of players there, is not very motivating, cause with more than 100 diamonds in each challenge, most of players don't need to make impressive scores to reach their "diamond goal". And when I play on PS4, even with more than one year without playing this version, and so without the correct technic or experience on this version (especially with the pad controller), and when I finish on the TOP3 or even 1st, it's not normal I can reach so easily this rank and that the level should not be a bit higher. (seriously only 2 or 3 players over 10km on a tower with more than 10000 players on this challenge ?)

And more than all that, it's that the murfy's challenge version of Vita's, is totally unique, the best accurate version, creators of this game have imagined (according that the only other touchscreen murfy's version, WiiU's version, is bad programmed : I stopped to played after a few of these challenges, and when I finished ranked 1st at... 2400m, which is enormous considering this glitched version)

P.S : concerning the tower challenge where 6 players should have gained a diamond cup, I first found this was fun to be all stopped at an easy distance, because this would have allow a new player to gain a diamond cup, but once someone break the game going higher, the new player would have absolutely no chance anymore to gain this diamond, so was a stupid action imho. But you have to know I have ALWAYS minimum distances to reach each time I make a distance challenge (otherwise I will restart again and again until I, at least, reach that distance, (this is one of my way to keep my level and a way of improvement) and for a tower this distance is 7km (even if I prefer to reach at least 9km), so when the game was broken, I played without any restraint (and reached a 15km+, which ironically lead to none diamond cup at all on this challenge, with less than 200 players). Btw, my minimum distances on pit is 20km (like I always did since 2016), on murfy's is 12km (I reached this distance at least on my 153 last challenges and I'm currently on a serie of 20 consecutive challenges over 20km+) and on lands is 15km. Even if I know I will not gain a diamond if i reach these 10km+ distances, I will never deal with these minimum distances

Edited by Arkiokin