PSN Down?

Sundr0wn_

Heya, i havent been able to connect to the playstation network for the past two days. Keep getting the same error message, cant sign into youtube, update trophies or access the store or newsfeed.

Sony's website says that all services are working perfectly, but there's a number of people reporting problems across the globe. Seems to be mostly concentrated to europe (where i am). Anyone else having the same issue?

It aint my internet, already reset everything and all other devices work fine. I can even still watch netflix on my ps4 since that isnt linked to the psn account.

EDIT: 4 day old article about it: dexerto.com%2Fgaming%2Fis-psn-down-users-report-playstation-network-crash-on-september-10-1006611&psig=AOvVaw2ihBbdL1qbF73Bo7AV_TG2&ust=1568537998491076

Edited by Sundr0wn_

Just got home and now it's working again.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Are you able to post the error code you’re getting here in this thread?

The code was NP-40833-8

Also wanna add that i live in switzerland to make this more precise

Edited by Sundr0wn_

That’s the code for an IP ban. You’ll need to find a way to get a new IP address for your modem. Sometimes you can contact your ISP and ask them to cycle your IP to a new address. Sometimes leaving your modem off for 30 minutes to overnight will cause it to be assigned a new IP address.

Its unlikely Sony is going to do anything about it, since they intentionally banned that IP address from connecting, but you can try them as well if you’d like.

If you have a hotspot on a phone, you can always test connecting to the PSN through that to check that PSN is in fact still up. 

• Like 2

dafuq, why would i get a random ip ban?

Well i know hiw to switch my ip so if it happens again it'll be no issue.

Just wierd that it resolved itself without me doing anything. Interestingly, after it worked again, netflix wouldnt let me watch stuff cause apparantly i was using a proxy server (which i wasnt) so i ended up reseting it anyway. 

Now it all works fine

You probably didn’t get the ban yourself. IP addresses are owned by the ISP and they rotate them so at one point that IP address got a ban from connecting to PSN and eventually it just rotated to you. If you keep track of your external IP address, you’ll see how often it rotates and then if you know how often that is, you should know how long it’ll take to resolve if it happens again. 

• Like 2