Unlimited Golden Key usage & Infinite money exploits (save scumming)

YTPerfectParadox

Update: i found an infinite money/guns exploit too so i've added it in at the bottom of the post.

Hey everyone, I had a theory that the golden key values were stored elsewhere in the save files and it turns out i was right so you can actually use online storage to restore your keys after usage! The tricky part is that you need to not upload any character data so you can keep all the items you obtain before reloading. I did a full video guide below if anyone needs help getting it or wants to see proof it works. It was all shot in one take. This will probably get patched sooner or later so use it at your own risk, maybe test it with just one key if you're reading this some time in the future.

I get that this may be frowned upon, i probably won't use it myself but for anyone who does i say go nuts!

Edit: Using a similar method i have now found a way to exploit infinite money without using another player (but it does use two controllers) enjoy!

Edited by Terarded
Added infinite money exploit
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Terarded said:

Hey everyone, I had a theory that the golden key values were stored elsewhere in the save files and it turns out i was right so you can actually use online storage to restore your keys after usage! The tricky part is that you need to not upload any character data so you can keep all the items you obtain before reloading. I did a full video guide below if anyone needs help getting it or wants to see proof it works. It was all shot in one take. This will probably get patched sooner or later so use it at your own risk, maybe test it with just one key if you're reading this some time in the future.

I get that this may be frowned upon, i probably won't use it myself but for anyone who does i say go nuts!

I've just started the game yesterday and completed only the first main mission so far... How long will it take to arrive at the point shown in the video? Thank you!

Just now, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I've just started the game yesterday and completed only the first main mission so far... How long will it take to arrive at the point shown in the video? Thank you!

A couple hours or so depending on how much you like to explore. I tend to get sidetracked a lot so maybe it'll be shorter for you though. It's the main hub for the game so you'll know the place when you get there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Terarded said:

A couple hours or so depending on how much you like to explore. I tend to get sidetracked a lot so maybe it'll be shorter for you though. It's the main hub for the game so you'll know the place when you get there

Alright! Hoping they won't fix it soon lol but anyway I own the disc version so if I see an update for the game, I'll be safe to stop it right?

3 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Alright! Hoping they won't fix it soon lol but anyway I own the disc version so if I see an update for the game, I'll be safe to stop it right?

I'd be surprised if they managed to patch it so fast haha. If they did, stopping the update would likely prevent it from being patched but i don't know if the shift codes will be redeemable without it. This was done on the latest version so no need to worry about rolling it back though.

Keep in mind that the items out of a golden chest scale to your level when opening so take your time, the stuff you get when you first arrive will likely become useless pretty fast anyway

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Terarded said:

Keep in mind that the items out of a golden chest scale to your level when opening so take your time, the stuff you get when you first arrive will likely become useless pretty fast anyway

Yeah I know, I can't find level 50 weapons even because I woulnd't be able to equip them lol thanks anyway again!

14 hours ago, FairyCal said:

I know about that trick since i've started to play my first borderlands game and I assume this trick worked since 2nd game. So it's nothing new.

i did this yesterday, i wouldn't of gotten crawmerax down without the use of a previous save.

needed those elemental guns for the worms.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:11 AM, FairyCal said:

I know about that trick since i've started to play my first borderlands game and I assume this trick worked since 2nd game. So it's nothing new.

Ah i see, I've always had far more golden keys then i could ever use in previous borderlands games so I've never had to go searching. I guess the good news is it won't be patched though haha.

In any case, I've updated the post with an infinite money exploit. I know this one hasn't been done in previous games ?

Is it just me, or does the golden chest seem to be not as good in this game? Like half the time I've opened it, it's been all shields, and almost everything I've gotten from it has been worse than what I already had before, even when it's a higher level of the same thing. In B2, it seemed almost guaranteed that whatever I got would be the best available for the current level; not so here. 

13 hours ago, JinjonatorX said:

Is it just me, or does the golden chest seem to be not as good in this game? Like half the time I've opened it, it's been all shields, and almost everything I've gotten from it has been worse than what I already had before, even when it's a higher level of the same thing. In B2, it seemed almost guaranteed that whatever I got would be the best available for the current level; not so here. 

Nah, I don't think so... I've used to use a lot if golden keys and I've tended to use like 100 in one go and weapons could be really terrible, no matter which game. Maybe bad luck?