Longest ongoing platinum you are going for?

The_Kopite

Thought this might be an interesting topic. Seeing as how I was playing FFX today and got a couple of trophies, I realised that the gap between my first trophy and my latest trophy was over 5 years! Keep coming back to it whenever I can do, but things always get in the way, including other games! Still I will definitely get that platinum one day, though could be a long while yet. 

Anyone else got any platinums they are actively going for that are taking this long? If so, why?

• Like 4

Well, I started Super Meat Boy in the beginning of this year. Although I only played it for one evening. I hope to finish this game before the end of this year. Although I don’t see that happening. I want to finish all other games in my backlog first, so it will be a platinum over 1 year completion time. That’s ofcourse if I can do it at all ?.

• Like 1

Is this specific to PS4? If that’s the case, Helldivers at around 4 years. I hop in and get some kills periodically. 

If its any platinum, it’s White Knight Chronicles. I hit 9 years about a week ago. I’m playing it a few nights a week to make a bit of progress. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aceboy9 said:

Currently working on Skyrim for PS4, I come back to play it when I’m not playing any new releases. It’s mostly a time killer for something to play until the next game I want comes out. Been at it causally for over a year but a platinum I am seeking. 

Played the previous one on PS3 for a bit, but never got around to Skyrim! Another time sinker!

20 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Well, I started Super Meat Boy in the beginning of this year. Although I only played it for one evening. I hope to finish this game before the end of this year. Although I don’t see that happening. I want to finish all other games in my backlog first, so it will be a platinum over 1 year completion time. That’s ofcourse if I can do it at all ?.

Hopefully you will be able to!

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Is this specific to PS4? If that’s the case, Helldivers at around 4 years. I hop in and get some kills periodically. 

If its any platinum, it’s White Knight Chronicles. I hit 9 years about a week ago. I’m playing it a few nights a week to make a bit of progress. 

Can be any! White Knight Chronicles I have read about, sounds like a ridiculously hard plat to go for, kudos to you!

3 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

over 11 years for mirrors edge ;)

Wowzers! 11 years! Hopefully it won't take another 11 years to get to the platinum :P

• Like 2

I've been cleaning up my list a bit so I've got some long ones... World at War took me a little over 8 years (not necessarily because of difficulty, I'd just do a bit and then leave it.) It took another 1.5 years for the 100% because the maps finally went on sale. 

Dead Island took over 6 years. I loved it but didn't feel like redoing act 1 with the other 3 characters. 

Goldeneye took me over 7 years. I finished all the single player trophies fairly close together but figured I'd never bother with the online. Then I noticed a boosting group for it. 

Though it's not a platinum, Fat Princess took me 9 years. Finished gladiate about a week ago after not playing for a long time. 

Im sure there are others.

Edited by Joker-Kun890
  • Like 2

Star Ocean 4, first trophy obtained 7 years ago, will be 8 in november. Actually I first played it when the game was released, but then after playing for around 200 hours my PS3 passed away and I wasn't used to backing up my save file back then. Then in 2012 I started all over but played for just a few hours and left the game catching some dust, just recently I went back to it and now I try to play a little bit everyday. It should take another year to finish it.

• Like 2

Currently Star Wars Battlefront I, at 3yrs 8 months. I got it back when it first came out and at the time piggybacked a kind neighbor's wi-fi. Unfortunately he moved on business before I could play it really.  I earned a couple of the single player trophies and sold the  game.  Recently got internet and the Star Wars Battlefront I and II on sale- am close to platting it now. 

• Like 1

My first game for the PS3: Prototype.

I bought the system and the game on 12/11/2009 and earned my first trophy that same day (although I didn't have a PSN account up until two years later, so it has a "missing timestamp").

Since this year my PS3 (and therefore, that game) will turn 10 years in December the 11th of this year, I thought it would be nice to "close the circle" that day.

Edited by Ghanupher
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Nice topic.

The longest plats I have ongoing are Just Dance games, 2018 (this one I will be done with in no time) and especially 2017. Any JD version released before 2019 version is no joke trophy-wise: all being ultra-rare plats, extremely tough and time-consuming.

I put so many hours into the online grind on both 2014 and 2015 back when they came out and didn't end up getting the Platinum in either. My roommate at the time got so annoyed at hearing some of the songs from the games over and over again. I don't think they can be attained any more, even if I wanted to at this point.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I put so many hours into the online grind on both 2014 and 2015 back when they came out and didn't end up getting the Platinum in either. My roommate at the time got so annoyed at hearing some of the songs from the games over and over again. I don't think they can be attained any more, even if I wanted to at this point.

Haha  Exactly, JD 14 and 15 are unobtainable plats since November 2018. Me too, I have played hundreds of hours of JD 2015, reached lvl 5000 online but servers closed before I could get the 6 monthly mash-ups (available from October to March). I still remember how frequently Katy Perry's "Birthday"  was played at the World Dance Floor!

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2