Longest ongoing platinum you are going for?

The_Kopite

3 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Haha  Exactly, JD 14 and 15 are unobtainable plats since November 2018. Me too, I have played hundreds of hours of JD 2015, reached lvl 5000 online but servers closed before I could get the 6 monthly mash-ups (available from October to March). I still remember how frequently Katy Perry's "Birthday"  was played at the World Dance Floor!

That's so frustrating. I didn't even earn the online level 2000 trophy and I probably played it more then any of the games that I have platinumed. I can only imagine how long you played to get to 5000.

Are the newer Just Dance games just as grindy? I haven't played any since 2015.

• Like 1

5 years for AC Brotherhood. 3 for BioShock and BioShock Infinite. Almost 7 for GT5... Also, i will take easily 6 to get 100% in The Last of Us. I think the problem is always the same: backlog. Or glitched trophies that make me refuse for a long, long while. Probably in the future i would try to avoid this lazy periods and focus on a game, but i know that the grind for online stuff in games as Red Dead Redemption II isnt a good friend for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

That's so frustrating. I didn't even earn the online level 2000 trophy and I probably played it more then any of the games that I have platinumed. I can only imagine how long you played to get to 5000.

Are the newer Just Dance games just as grindy? I haven't played any since 2015.

No, JD 15 is by far the most grinding. But, honestly, theres  no JD without a grinding aspect: reach lvl 100, buy everything with Mojo, etc. I'm not complaining, though, it is really enjoyable getting into any Just Dance xD

I recommend coming back to the franchise If you are wondering that. Everything got so much better and, aside JD 2017, the games got a little bit easier as well.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

No, JD 15 is by far the most grinding. But, honestly, theres  no JD without a grinding aspect: reach lvl 100, buy everything with Mojo, etc. I'm not complaining, though, it is really enjoyable getting into any Just Dance xD

I recommend coming back to the franchise If you are wondering that. Everything got so much better and, aside JD 2017, the games got a little bit easier as well.

It's tempting.

• Like 2

Tales of Symphonia just pass 5 years last month for me. Came back and finish 1st and 2nd run earlier this year. On the 3rd run now but kinda bored doing mid-game puzzles over again so I cant keep the same pace.

What left are to finish this 3rd run, do a full 4th run, then another half run should do it but doubt I could do them by this year. Atleast most of harder stuff like Gung Ho or I Hate Gels are done, except one thing: RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just got the platinum for The Elder Scrolls Online yesterday... I just started playing it around March/April and I put in 850 hours since then. Pic of the Emperor moment is in my sig, I was literally overcome with joy and glad it was over. Went the last 5 days playing 12-14 hrs a day to top the leaderboard for emperor. 

• Like 3

Split Second. I got most of the trophies over 2 years but I need to get the final ones now and it's just a bit too hard for me I think. If I do get it now, it'll be a 10 year platinum.

My longest that I've achieved are Red Dead Redemption and ModNation Racers at 8 years. I played them when they came out in 2010, then gave up on them. Then I picked them up again 4 years later, got some more trophies and dropped them. Then in 2018, I finally completed both of them

• Like 2

Will be Resident Evil HD and DOOM 2, both of which I've had on my trophy list for over two years.

The multiple playthroughs deterred me from doing Resident Evil fairly quickly. DOOM 2 has those terrible Nightmare Co-Op levels, and I don't need to explain why for anyone who is even remotely familiar with this old game.

• Like 1

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines. A vita game that I love and want to get the platinum for, but the grinding is so much that I have to play it in short obsessive bursts, with very very long breaks in between. My first trophy was earned 4 years ago, but I wasnt exactly actively trophy hunting it until this year or last. 

• Like 1

My oldest ones currently are for the PS3, as my Blu-ray disc reader stopped working,  I will a) need to get a new PS3 or b ) re-buy the games digitally. Off the top of my head this includes Fallout New Vegas and Bioshock Infinite which both are 6+ years incomplete.

More recent examples would be Arkham City and Kingdom Come Deliverance. For City I have not had the will or desire to attempt the campaign challenges and in Deliverance I encountered a bug near the end of the main storyline that makes it impossible to proceed which after, oh I don't know 150+ hours, was pretty deflating. I have started another run but put it down for the time being. Both games are around 6-12 months in age on my profile, a far cry from some other long term platinums, I think 11 years is the longest so far.

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 2

Far Cry 4.  6 years 8 months.  Reasons were never had PS+ until last year and never started caring about trophies until a couple years ago.  Most of my old backlog games I have to buy again because I sold or gave away to friends when I was done.  Just picked up a copy of Shadow of Mordor again, and that will be the oldest when I plat it because that was the 1st game I bought for PS4.

• Like 1

Mirror's Edge. The last time I earned a trophy in that game was November 22, 2008....13 years ago! Next after that is Star Ocean 4, which I last earned a trophy July 16, 2010. I recently bought a new copy of Star Ocean (my copy is back home in another country) and Mirror's Edge is installed and ready to play. I'm confident I can knock Mirror's Edge off sooner rather then later, but Star Ocean 4 is a massive time sink, but something I'm determined to do

• Like 2

Hitman 2 right now. Granted it doesn't have a Plat, But I have ONE trophy left for the main game (All Challenges in Himmelstein) and 2 whole maps for for the DLC. I've been playing this game since July, What's holding me back? I hate....HATTETTTTEEEEE the sniper assassin missions. I love the regular missions in this game, but the Sniper Assassin missions are horrible. I can't stand them. I hate the Sniper Assassin missions with a passion. 

However I have Hitman 3 on PS5 to play, so I need to finish these in order to Auto-Pop all the Hitman 1 and 2 Trophies. But if there's anything that raising my blood pressure right now, it's the sniper assassin missiona in Hitman 2. They ruin an otherwise amazing game. 

• Like 1

Titanfall 2, did the multiplayer trophies 3 years ago just in case the servers would be shutdown, don't know if they have. I planned on going back to do dw campaign trophies after finishing a couple other games but never did until today coincedently. Just started de campaign to platinum the game.

• Like 2

I got my ps3 robbed, back in 2016. So I installed my gf ps3 last month and i was surprised to see that my old Okami save file was still in the cloud save system (thought they would erase it in 6 months). So i'm currently continuing my playthrough. First trophy popped almost 8 years ago. Already finished Mickey Castle of Illusions with a gap of 7.5 years. After i finish Okami, i will try to plat demon's souls ( 9 years gap since that first Phallanx trophy). 

Edited by Pen_Dragon_138

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Hitman 2 right now. Granted it doesn't have a Plat, But I have ONE trophy left for the main game (All Challenges in Himmelstein) and 2 whole maps for for the DLC. I've been playing this game since July, What's holding me back? I hate....HATTETTTTEEEEE the sniper assassin missions. I love the regular missions in this game, but the Sniper Assassin missions are horrible. I can't stand them. I hate the Sniper Assassin missions with a passion. 

However I have Hitman 3 on PS5 to play, so I need to finish these in order to Auto-Pop all the Hitman 1 and 2 Trophies. But if there's anything that raising my blood pressure right now, it's the sniper assassin missiona in Hitman 2. They ruin an otherwise amazing game. 

I hate to do this to you. But if you didn't know, you will need to re-earn the 1 million points trophy for 2 of the sniper missions in H3. I think you also need to get the Silent Assassin rating on them again too. Sadly, there is no challenge tied to them in game for it to autopop.

36 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I hate to do this to you. But if you didn't know, you will need to re-earn the 1 million points trophy for 2 of the sniper missions in H3. I think you also need to get the Silent Assassin rating on them again too. Sadly, there is no challenge tied to them in game for it to autopop.

Now I'm confused since I saw this. The comments in the PSNP guide seem to back you up...but PST says everything from Hitman 2 will autopop. I'm seeing a lot of conflicting reports now. 

Granted the 1 Million points isn't really an issue. It's a bit of a pain, but can be achieved easily enough once your multiplier is up. It's the mind numbing challenges like hiding all bodies that gives me the real headache. 

Edited by Viper