Surpass Your Limits! - The Sequel

I do plan on starting my Limit Surpassing soon, but right now I am packed up to get back to my house - I have been house-sitting for my family since they went overseas to the Old World to get back to their ancestral roots and I wasn't in the right environment. Chances are The Sims 4 are going to mess me up again but I will start work before Halloween, I promise. ;)

5 hours ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

I do plan on starting my Limit Surpassing soon, but right now I am packed up to get back to my house - I have been house-sitting for my family since they went overseas to the Old World to get back to their ancestral roots and I wasn't in the right environment. Chances are The Sims 4 are going to mess me up again but I will start work before Halloween, I promise. ;)

I may make a switch for the backlog challenge to start work on this one myself. So many going on right now, it is awesome!!

As if I didn't have enough challenges to fail at.. ?

Alright, I'm just going to try one game at a time because realistically I don't know how much time I'll have to commit. My first game is going to be:

Resident Evil (PS4) - 12/45 - 20%

Huge fan of the series on the PSone, though the remake (and the games that followed) never particularly did much for me. I finished the game once on Gamecube and never went back to it until I started it on PS4, and I didn't get around to even finishing my playthrough so some of these trophies are going to be quite the challenge for me.

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 2

Good news: I'm home!

Bad news: I left my TV and gaming table with my folks because we were all bleary-eyed and not willing to lug a giant plastic table and TV set, so I can only play Vita games right now.

Worse news: Dad's not picking up his phone so I have to wait until late before he can wake up. Overseas air lag stinks to high heaven. :(

I'll probably just restart Disgaea 5 and do that to start so I have things to do which work with multitasking my computer gaming. Got a great video guide. ;)

Good News Everyone!

I have fully updated the Stats page and have added all games to the listing on the OP.

And there is Congratulations in order also as @Leon Castle has already finished one game from their list!

All the details are up-to-date, I'll hopefully update every two weeks or so and eventually I will have a list myself to Surpass my Limits!

• Like 4

It was a spur of the moment thing but I did play some Super Cloudbuilt about a week ago. I was only planning on playing a little bit. The game was is so fun, so I played it a little more then I planned on. I completed the last two levels of the games. Super Cloudbuilt gives every level a difficulty rating between 1 and 10. 'Desire' has difficulty rating of 2 skulls and 'chains' has a difficulty rating of 3 skulls. I say the difficulty ratings are very accurate. I died so many times and the platforming was very difficult. I used a bullet time item at the end of both levels and it was still very challenging. I felt so good ? when I finished the final level. I remember being 1 hit from death with the exit in sight, nothing deadly in sight. I'm dreading having to speedrun these levels later. 

I played Super Cloudbuilt yesterday and today as well. I have mostly been obtaining S-Ranks on stages (just the easy ones so far). I got all the miscellaneous trophies and have completed all the necessary Rush Packs. Rush Packs are just sets of levels that you need to clear with limited lives. You are timed and ranked but all you have to do is finish to earn the related trophies. I only have 3 trophies left to earn. I need to increase my maximum life count to 99 in story mode. I accomplish that by collecting the hidden life key and clearing a challenge for every level in story mode. I earn the remaining two trophies by earning S-Rank on every level in ranked mode. Currently I have 68/99 lives in story mode and have a S-Rank on 20/32 levels.

• Like 1

I finished Dragon Quest Builders. It took me 2 years, 4 months, and 4 days to finally plat the game. Not sure what I'll play next.

• Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (Vita) - 34%
  • Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (PS4) - 0%
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) - 8%
  • Dragon Quest Builders (PS4) :platinum:
  • Ni No Kuni 2 DLC - (PS4)
  • The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (PS3) - 11%
  • Uncharted 2 (PS3) - 14%
  • Tales of Symphonia (PS3) - 4%
  • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4) - 33%
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS3) - 1%
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 0:23 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:

I'll probably just restart Disgaea 5

Yes, I know Past Me, I know, I need to get started on this event, but Pokemon Sword is coming out in November... :(

I'm certainly glad this is a year-long event, I don't think I can handle it if I had to get my games platinumed in a month.

• 2 weeks later...

So a month has gone by and there have been some good gains in Surpassing our Limits!

@RuneEyesDragon making good progress in Disgaea 5, you think that you might have the game finished by the end of the year?

@willythom88 got a lot of games on your plate, you focusing on anything specific?

@AuroraHistoire Super Cloudbilt looks like you just need a little bit more grind to finish it. What do you think you will focus on afterwards?

@Edunstar84 Congrats on finishing Dragon Quest Builders! Taking it easy or have another on your list you're aiming for next?

@jemmie Currently on hiatus at the moment? Working on coming back strong I hope :)

@Leon Castle Congrats on finishing Code Vein, SAO Re: Hollow Fragment and SAO: Lost Song. How many of the 52 games do you hope to have finished by next year?

@Together_Comic You look like you are making good progress in Superbeat: Xonic, it looks like you have all the grindy trophies left. How are you finding it?

@freddie1989 / @neospoon / @iXanon What's on your agenda to work on at the moment? Saving your list for the new year?

@Kevvik Well Done for getting the Platinum for LittleBigPlanet! Are you still going to be working on the DLC, or are you done with the game?

Will have another stats update by the end of the month and hoping that everyone keeps pushing their limits!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Kevvik Well Done for getting the Platinum for LittleBigPlanet! Are you still going to be working on the DLC, or are you done with the game?

I've finished the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC and will likely work on the MGS DLC in December. Doing the KYC event this month and I try to stay focused for the most part on that.  Hoping to have the 100% on LBP before the new year.  I'll probably keep puttering away on Rayman Origins here and there as well but likely not seriously until December.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Together_Comic You look like you are making good progress in Superbeat: Xonic, it looks like you have all the grindy trophies left. How are you finding it?

It's slow work but we are getting there.  1000 songs is a much bigger undertaking than I thought it would be.  I've done a lot of the content, but I'm only just over 400.  Baring that I've gotten about half the songs for the play all the songs trophy, I'm level 89 of 99 which should get me the trophy for bang vox as well.  Then its just a matter of cleaning up the world tour mode to get all the collectibles... I say just, world tours later missions are super difficult,  combine that with the fact that I'm not particularly good at rhythm games, Its probably going to take awhile.  Slowly but surely though.

The game itself is fun, if not a little bit repetitive and super difficult. Its a nice on the go rhythm game that I can play during lunch breaks or when I don't have time to boot up a ps4 game and sit for an hour or two. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@freddie1989 / @neospoon / @iXanon What's on your agenda to work on at the moment? Saving your list for the new year?

Yes, another challenge is currently taking priority.

I'm currently working toward the platinum in LEGO Jurassic World, which isn't a difficult game but I just have a chronic lack of spare time.. ?

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

A lot of mine is dependent on whether i pick up a PS3 at Xmas or not as I have several old ones to go back to. There are still a few on here that I wanna crack on with but so many different challenges going on at the minute I am trying to spread my time. Might go back to Uncharted 4 first though.

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@AuroraHistoire Super Cloudbilt looks like you just need a little bit more grind to finish it. What do you think you will focus on afterwards?

I have 5 more time trials and about 30 more lives to collect.  What am I going to focus on afterwards? Am I not allowed to take my victory and run? Nah, I have some plans on what I'll do next. I'll probably do Final Fantasy 9 next for this event. It fits thematically with this event because there is a lot of limit breaking (actually, limit breaks are in that other Final Fantasy) and I have never played any of the side content. I wasn't going to make Final Fantasy 9 official just yet, but let's make it official now. Now I'm unable to flee too soon.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@willythom88 got a lot of games on your plate, you focusing on anything specific?

I think I've been approaching it wrong honestly.  I was trying to slowly tackle Iron Crypticle cause, while it's a pretty easy list over all, the difficulty related stuff feels like slowly chipping away at, at this point, nothing.  I'm actually going to switch over to Bastion starting tomorrow and try to focus on that for awhile.

20 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Leon Castle Congrats on finishing Code Vein, SAO Re: Hollow Fragment and SAO: Lost Song. How many of the 52 games do you hope to have finished by next year?

Thank you ENTTghe.gif. Hopefully having finshed some games of SAO gameverse series and Tales of series.

22 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@RuneEyesDragon making good progress in Disgaea 5, you think that you might have the game finished by the end of the year?

Yeah, I am almost finished. Right now I am taking a break because Carnage Dark is kicking my ass as I didn't use Killia to fight him and my damage is way too weak. I am using a Sage that I reincarnated a couple of time - she's at 1.8 million stats but that's just not enough to burst CD's defenses. :(

With Pokemon Sword and Shield three days away I will probably be consumed by Pokemon for the next month but I will try to get those final trophies.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update, didn't finish the plat but I did finish the story for Bastion.  Currently working on the Score Attack mode.

Fallout New Vegas 1%
Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning 47%
Legend of Kay 9%
Uncharted 4 37%
Rise of the Tomb Raider 2%
Bioshock (PS4) 22%
The Banner Saga 4%
Iron Crypticle 79% - 81%
Ys: Memories of Celceta 12%
Bastion 4% - 20%

• Like 4

I have completed Super Cloudbuilt. When I started, I honestly wasn't sure if I would be able to earn the platinum. I thought I would get stuck on at least one time trail challenge and never be able to finish. I thought the task would be worse then it actually turned out to be.

Aside from a few, getting S-Rank in every level was a challenge. I reset many times and there were 100's of failed attempts. My 2 most used challenge types were supercharge and pathfinder. Pathfinder is basically either the easiest or hardest challenge depending on the level. Pathfinder counts to amount of boost you use and gives you your rank based on how little you use. Your moveset is very limited without boost; the way you play levels in this challenge is really different. Supercharge is the challenge that is the most fun. Your boost is always full when you're on the ground or a wall; your boost drains normally while in the air. Supercharge almost breaks the game in a good way but the S-Rank times are very strict for these challenges.

The 5 hardest levels had me very worried. They're very difficult levels just to finish, speedrunning them was going to be difficult. I was kind of wrong about that. I feel like those levels were the most forgiving S-Rank time wise. They give you some extra time to place a checkpoint or two. Despite being a little forgiving, they still were very challenging. The majority of the challenge was finding a good route to take through the level and exploiting supercharge as much as possible. Doing the whole thing without screwing up while getting S-Rank still took many attempts, but it was fun. Finding small route optimizations that save 1 second was really rewarding and the gameplay in general is fun. I did a bit of verbal celebration after a successful S-Rank a few times. :giggle:

I'm still in shock about actually getting the platinum. You think you're never going to be able to do something, until you actually do it.  

• Like 2