Surpass Your Limits! - The Sequel

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update on the thread.

@AuroraHistoire has finished Super Cloudbilt with a rarity of 3.07%. Congratulations!

@Leon Castle has also finished another SAO title in Accel World vs SAO: Millennium Twilight. 4/52 down to go.

Some small gains in some games, but nothing to write home about yet.

Hopefully much more in the new year to talk about. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the OP and the Stats page with nothing really, all quiet at the end of the year.

To be expected with lots of events, family and new things to look forward to next year.

@Edunstar84 @jemmie @Kevvik @neospoon @iXanon @freddie1989 @Together_Comic @AuroraHistoire @willythom88 @RuneEyesDragon @Leon Castle

What are your plans for the New Year? 

What events are you doing or do you have goals you want to achieve at the end of the Leap Year?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Updated the OP and the Stats page with nothing really, all quiet at the end of the year.

To be expected with lots of events, family and new things to look forward to next year.

@Edunstar84 @jemmie @Kevvik @neospoon @iXanon @freddie1989 @Together_Comic @AuroraHistoire @willythom88 @RuneEyesDragon @Leon Castle

What events are you doing or do you have goals you want to achieve at the end of the Leap Year?

About to start the ABC of Unstarted Games, planning on squeezing a game from this event in at the end of each month.  I ended up starting Dragon Quest XI like a dingus like 3 days ago but I'm going to side step it for a bit for both of these events.  

I'm a little disappointed in Bastions longevity post game, I'm having the hardest time keeping my interest, but I'll likely return to it later next year. But tomorrow I'll be starting Civilization so alas, not on that day,

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

What's up for this year?  More events (ABC, New Year's Resolution, finishing up RPG Mania and trying to regain the lead there), more games, hoping to get a couple of new Project Platinums going before my holidays end (lost the banner pic I made for DQ somehow, I don't know, it's gone and not in the recycle, rebuild from scratch later).

What else?  Work on the games on this list, down the Weeblympics homestretch and the UR Cleanup event.  No progress in December on the LBP MGS DLC (and I thought the army had a lot of abbreviations) but I made some headway in Rayman Origins (up to 35% on trophy completion now).

What else?  Just playing more games and hoping to enjoy as many as possible.  What else could you ask for?

Happy New Year to everyone and may it bring you great games to play, whatever your tastes.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Actually, I'm on a new account and have earned 20 platinums in it already. If you want to change my account to Rune_Crys, that's fine. I didn't want to put a forum profile for the new account because people would judge me for starting over. : (

I plan to try to platinum all of the Kingdom Hearts game in 2020.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

For the start of the new year, I'm going to plat Mary Skelter 2 JP version before the Dragon Ball RPG comes out and hopefully get into the Top 3 on RPG Mania.

Goals? hmm... I might just try to clear all game series I started and try to clear the new games of the series that comes out this year like LEGO Star Wars The Good, The Best and The Fine Skywalker saga and Neptunia VVVtunia(if it comes west at the same year as the game is released in Japan)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Happy New Year to you, and everyone else.

I'm currently participating in:

• Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge
  • ABC of Unstarted Games 2020
  • Attack on Completion 2020

I have next to no chance of finishing my list on the first challenge, which realistically leaves the second two and this one to try and focus my efforts on.

I've just started Alice: Madness Returns and have been playing Killzone on and off.. Once I've done those, maybe Resident Evil will get a look in. Maybe.. ? Generally though I'm just trying to get my completion % up and clear a bit of backlog (must stop buying games).

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 4:42 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Hello, Happy New Year Everyone. 

Mostly we grinding games out.  

Currently Doing

ABC of Unstarted Games 2020

Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog challenge 

Attack on Completion 2020 

Monthly Madness 2020 

Ultra Rare 2020 

and if they decide to host it again, I may do Bingo 2020 as well. 

Have I bit of more than I can chew, Maybe (probably, if not definitely) but it should all be a good time.  Have some personal gaming goals too.  I'd like to hit 50 platinums (60 as a stretch goal) by the end of the year.  Gaming wise I'm currently playing Thumper which is a rhythm, arcadey, kind of game that's honestly hard to describe since it doesn't sit neatly into one genre, but its a lot of fun.  Difficult but fun currently working through level 6/9 which apparently hosts one of the tougher set lists if reviewers are to be believed.  In the mean time I'm slowly grinding up the trophies on Superbeat Xonic, which is slow and really time consuming but we are steadily working it out. On that one we need to collect all the songs which means playing all songs in arcade mode once on each difficulty we are around 80/120 there, complete 1000 song plays which is around 600, and finish the campaign which has gotten really really difficult, but hopefully I'll manage. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 6:01 AM, iXanon said:

Once I've done those, maybe Resident Evil will get a look in. Maybe.. 1f605.png

I actually loaded up Resident Evil a couple of days ago, although I tried to jump back on my mid-game save and felt completely lost.. I'm going to have to start over, and go back to the beginning in order to move forwards ?

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 11:42 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Just saw this today one week later. I didn't do much for New Years. I enjoyed a nice dinner, went to sleep, woke up to watch the fireworks, then went back to sleep. I'm doing a number of events this year, like New Years Resolution and ABC Completion. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 3:49 PM, iXanon said:

I actually loaded up Resident Evil a couple of days ago, although I tried to jump back on my mid-game save and felt completely lost.. I'm going to have to start over, and go back to the beginning in order to move forwards 1f612.png

I've started over, and I'm roughly where I was previously give or take 10-15 mins (just gone back to the mansion with the Helmet key). Hopefully we should see some Resident Evil trophies popping soon.. ? For this runthrough I'm aiming to combine Every Nook and Cranny and The Nightmare Ends on very easy. Next, I'll probably try and combine either Don't Stop Running or CQC FTW with Ink is for Squids dependant on which combination is easier, possibly all 3 on very easy?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while and I'd imagine most people have forgotten of this thread and have been catching up on more relevant things.

Just in case though, here's a little round-up of what's happened at the start of the year.

• @RuneEyesDragon has been retired and is now @Rune_Crys. None of the games on the list are currently on that profile, so this will be defunct unless this account stays live until the end of the year.
  • @Leon Castle completes the fifth game from their list (Warriors All-Stars) and well on their way to getting another Dynasty game completed.
  • @Together_Comic Congrats on finishing Thumper and playing N++ for the event. Some seriously difficult games you have laid out before you.
  • @freddie1989, @willythom88, @Edunstar84, @jemmie, @neospoon have other games they are enjoying at the moment or other events they are involved in. Enjoy!
  • @Kevvik and @iXanon have made some small progress recently which is good. How is Resident Evil and Rayman treating you?

I've made a goal of completing 50 backlog games from my list this year. Currently on 3 so far, so hopefully some old ones will fall into place.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

It's been a while and I'd imagine most people have forgotten of this thread and have been catching up on more relevant things.

Just in case though, here's a little round-up of what's happened at the start of the year.

• @RuneEyesDragon has been retired and is now @Rune_Crys. None of the games on the list are currently on that profile, so this will be defunct unless this account stays live until the end of the year.
  • @Leon Castle completes the fifth game from their list (Warriors All-Stars) and well on their way to getting another Dynasty game completed.
  • @Together_Comic Congrats on finishing Thumper and playing N++ for the event. Some seriously difficult games you have laid out before you.
  • @freddie1989, @willythom88, @Edunstar84, @jemmie, @neospoon have other games they are enjoying at the moment or other events they are involved in. Enjoy!
  • @Kevvik and @iXanon have made some small progress recently which is good. How is Resident Evil and Rayman treating you?

I've made a goal of completing 50 backlog games from my list this year. Currently on 3 so far, so hopefully some old ones will fall into place.

Hey, I haven't forgotten about this one, possibly joined way too many events!!

What are the rules in regards to changing your list? I added PS3 games but haven't bothered buying one due to backlog on PS4.

I will be starting The Witcher once I have finished with God of War as it is in a few events.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Resident Evil is treating me just fine.. :)

I can't decide which trophies to combine on a second run, but either way would like to do it in one sitting which means having around 3 hours spare to do so..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Together_Comic Congrats on finishing Thumper and playing N++ for the event. Some seriously difficult games you have laid out before you.

Thanks! I think I will have  N++ finished up sometime next week time permitting.  Yeah there is some rough stuff, but it is called surpass your limits after all. lol.  Hopefully, I can make it through.  Good luck to everyone in finishing their games :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Nah I remembered : ).  I was actually taking a break from the ABC's event last week to do some work on Runner3 until I noticed it was no longer on my list, so thankfully I didn't dump too much time into it before noticing.  I'm actually planning on bumrushing one of my games for this event once I'm done with Uncharted 2.  I also second the question for changing games as I do not like Ys and I feel like surpassing my limits on something because my limit is not liking it is kind of foolish.  I'd like to replace it with Dragon Quest XI, a game I am thoroughly enjoying but is also ridiculously long, which is something that typically turns me off to a list.  I'm pretty content in the 30-40 hours range, occasionally up to 80, but I rarely approach 100.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

That guy always makes a new account at the drop of a hat so god knows how many accounts he makes at the end of the year.

I added two more Koei Warriors games to my list.

On 2020-02-06 at 5:02 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Slowly moving along. I’m most of the way through the 7th set of levels, getting the lums, cages and teeth. Haven’t been doing time trials yet. I should probably be doing them as i go but I hate time trial runs so, masochist that I am, I’ll do them all at the end...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well it’s been a while since an update but I’ve made progress on Rayman Origins. Finished the main story, extra boss, cages and skull teeth.  All that’s left is to do all the speed trials.  Uh, yeah, that’s...all...no problem, right? Ummm...

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 3:52 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Yep! I'm currently playing games for other events. I do want to go back to Gravity Rush 2 soon. Maybe after I play Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

2 months later, and I still plan on playing Gravity Rush 2 after Final Fantasy Remake. I guess "soon" was more like 3-4 months.

Wow, that went faster than I expected. These levels are way easier when you aren’t trying to get all the bloody lums. Platinum achieved in a bit over 7 years. 

OK, now to figure out which of these games to do next...