Your Hardest Platinum Trophy from a series?

EcoShifter

Crash Bandicoot - Hardest Time Trials and is generally considered to be the hardest of the three. The High Road level was extremely aggravating, Stormy Ascent was long and difficult. Still proud of this one.

God of War - Has the hardest Challenge of the Gods in the entire series. Challenge #10 made me want to break my controller in half from the countless failed attempts. Plus all challenges have to be done in one go.

Dead Space 2 - I don't really know if this counts since I only played two Dead Space games and there are a total of five you can play. But Hard Core Mode was definitely stressful and challenging. Died a good 15 - 20 times throughout my adventure. Remains as one of my favorite platinums due to Hard Core.

Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within - Another one that probably doesn't really count as difficult among most trophy hunters but it is definitely one of the more annoying and frustrating games I've tackled. The game has not aged well and you have to do three playthroughs since difficulty related trophies do not stack. Much of the game is backtracking to areas you've already been. Combat is cheap and flawed. Plus there is a sand portal glitch that can screw you over forcing you to play from the very beginning. I've done four of the five Prince of Persia games that have trophies, and this one I consider to be the hardest in the series.

Let's see... One per series? I focus on plat only and no 100%. I think I name these:

Red Dead Redemption 2 

Not hard but super time consuming, still I loved almost everything of that time, except grinding the 70 gold medals in the main story

Payday 2

Was kinda hard, since one trophy was luck based which took around 25 hours just for this one, also time consuming

Guacamelee

Really had trouble with getting the orcs, especially the one on top of that tree - yikes! 

FIFA 16

Winning the FUT-draft online... had to boost it with creating a complex system with several players and several accounts... same with FIFA 17 - yikes!

Resident Evil 5

Never liked the game and some things like the treasures really sucked

Plants VS. Zombies Garden Warfare

Time consuming and luck based

Medal of Honor

Fucking multiplayer... Spawning and dying...

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Really took a long time, thank got I had a helpful friend back then

From a series I’d say WipEout HD

I’d put Demon’s Souls as a second which is also part of a series. Did this plat twice and the game was quite hard back when it was released since it was the first souls game and the learning curve was very steep. Now you can research everything and duplicate items so its much easier nowadays.

Series, huh? Let's see

Crash 2 is the hardest,  and only very rare, bullshit, compared to Crash 1 it's a breeze.

Demon's souls

Spyro 3, yes it's an easy game but I remember the european versions being bugged and you couldn't complete the game, I'm happy that 20 years later I can conclude the chapter.

Devil may Cry 4

It's hard to say about Final Fantasy, X-2  is the hardest percentage wise

Kingdom  Hearts Chain of Memories, a pity it's no longer ultra rare.

Call of Duty Infinite warfare

Borderlands  the pre-sequel

Just Cause 3

Tekken 6

One Piece Unlimited World Red

Dragonball Xenoverse 1

Darksiders 1, but I'm planning to start Darksiders 2 and complete the series.

Far Cry 4

Infamous 2

Pretty much, I noticed I hardly  have an high percentage of completed series, except for the Soulsborne, Devil may Cry who I only lack 5 and Borderlands with 3 coming out recently, i's more than likely due to burnout, even Final Fantasy a series I cherish is hard to keep  up with, having to deal with MMO and...  VR fishing, really?

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

Ninja Gaiden 3, without question.

Whilst technically not as 'hard' as some of my other platinum trophies, Ninja Gaiden 3 is a broken, cheap, frustrating, glitch-filled, rage-inducing piece of garbage, and therefore a platinum I consider to be very hard, albeit for all the wrong reasons.

I have a modest number of platinum trophies that are considered by the majority to be hard, however, I generally enjoyed the overall experience provided by those games, therefore the difficulty never really factored into how I regard them on a personal level. Ninja Gaiden 3, on the other hand... ????

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, Spaz said:

Dead Space 2 - I don't really know if this counts since I only played two Dead Space games and there are a total of five you can play. But Hard Core Mode was definitely stressful and challenging. Died a good 15 - 20 times throughout my adventure. Remains as one of my favorite platinums due to Hard Core.

It counts so long as you played more than one installment in a series. However, for full context I think one should point out that they haven't played all the games in a series, which is what you already did.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

Let's see... One per series? 

One series, actually. ?

On 9/17/2019 at 6:04 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Spyro 3, yes it's an easy game but I remember the european versions being bugged and you couldn't complete the game, I'm happy that 20 years later I can conclude the chapter.

Not sure about completion being infeasible, but yes that version is bugged, which is because the game was very rushed. The "Greatest Hits" version, which the Reignited Trilogy is based on, made a lot of improvements and fixes (thankfully).

Edited by EcoShifter

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

The concept is actually to post one game from one game series.

It counts so long as you played more than one installment in a series. However, for full context I think one should point out that they haven't played all the games in a series, which is what you already did.

One series, actually. 1f62c.png

Not sure about completion being infeasible, but yes that version is bugged, which is because the game was very rushed. The "Greatest Hits" version, which the Reignited Trilogy is based on, made a lot of improvements and fixes (thankfully).

Basically when you fought the final boss at some point you would get a black screen taking you back at the start of the game with all your progress deleted (if you had your memory card inserted).

Devil May Cry 4, though I plan on trying my best for 5 when I get around to it.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, though I haven't played the 3 PS1 games yet but I plan on it. Likely will stay XII though.

Kingdom Hearts II, though I've only bothered with the trophies for it and Chain of Memories. No clue if Birth by Sleep's Final Mix is more difficult than II's.

Drakengard 3 if you include it with NieR, simply because of the final boss.

And the easy series

Ratchet and Clank 1, simply because it was the most boring of the trilogy.

Danganronpa V3, they're all easy, even Ultra Despair Girls, but V3 just had the most tedious grinding.

Spyro 2, they weren't difficult at all but I think this was the one with the annoying ending boss.

I’ll have to say the first Devil May Cry as part of the HD collection. Most specifically beating the game on Dante Must Die mode. The game hasn’t aged well AT ALL and the camera is hands down your biggest enemy, especially in boss fights (I’m looking at you Nelo Angelo And Nightmare). I was so close to giving up on this platinum. 

• Like 1

Far Cry 3 - Only the PS3 edition. The online parts you need to do are terrible because you basically have to do all 6 stages in one go because you can't pick which stage to start. It's always the first stage and it's a pain in the butt to use the 'pick a chapter' trick. Had to restart halfway though because half of the players kept starting the chapter inside a mountain and dying. Over and over and over again.

Assassin's Creed III - Having to do Fanorona and Morris for the Original Gamer trophy. ? Also several of the optional objectives you need to do for the 100% everything trophy are very hard. And you need to do all of then in one go. ? Fun!

Oh and I Platted this game twice. ?

Watch Dogs - The Social Lubricant trophy. ?

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - I just don't like the enemy placement in the first game compared to the sequels. They come out of the woodwork and are in places they shouldn't be. Like caves no one had been in before and such.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Missable items that give you missable trophies.

Edited by Jamescush147

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is my rarest trophy ever (3,37% currently), although I'm not really sure it was the hardest... I got help from local co-op partner though. It required more patience than skill.

Also, Jak II. YES, I DID IT WITHOUT THE DEBUG MENU, YOU COWARDS.

• Like 1

Well, then, let's start:

• God of War: None of them were really all that hard, honestly. God of War III and Ascension had a few rough spots here and there, but nothing too major.
  • Prince of Persia: Also nothing that has been that bad. Prince of Persia (2008) was a bit tricky to complete because of all the Light Seeds, but nothing that's given me any headaches.
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Can't even remember a single game that's been all that bad. I didn't even need to boost Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, the only one with online trophies.
  • Harry Potter: I only have two of these, but I didn't have any trouble with any of them, unless you can consider having to actually play the Deathly Hallows games to completion hard.
  • LEGO Games: None that have been too bad. Some of them take a while to complete, but they're always enjoyable (until I got to Marvel Super Heroes 2, which was just so bad I didn't even finish it).
  • Devil May Cry: Apart from DmC, they're all pretty hard, but none quite as hard as the recent Devil May Cry 5. Getting an S-Rank on every single mission on every single difficulty, including Hell and Hell mode? Right. I never even got the Platinum for this one. The fact that the game now punishes you for using checkpoints was the last straw.
  • P-Studio games: The Persona games' Platinums aren't generally all that hard to get (even if it takes quite a while to do so), but Catherine was a nightmare. Rarely do I see games this hard. If you also count the spin-offs, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was so hard, I never even got its Platinum.
  • Assassin's Creed: Definitely Brotherhood, and only due to its insane online trophies. Crazy requirements and terrible netcode mixed together for an overall terrible experience.
  • Dragon Ball games: Xenoverse's Platinum was pretty hard considering its insane RNG, but FighterZ's is so damn hard, I have yet to get it. I kinda draw the line at 100 hours of mindless grind. Thankfully, the game kinda slowly grinds itself.
  • Uncharted: They're all moderately hard, but perhaps Uncharted 2 has been the hardest so far. I wouldn't even have got the 100% for any of them hadn't I used the Tweak glitch. Even had to borrow the Nathan Drake collection from a friend just so I could use the glitch on Uncharted 2, hence why it's the hardest for me :P I haven't played all of them yet, so let's see if my choice will change.