Your Hardest Platinum Trophy from a series?

EcoShifter

It's probably Warriors of Rock or Rock Band 2. Music games are on another level regarding difficulty (or, at least, they were last generation). Neither of those is near to the hardest the genre has to offer, but they're still up there in difficulty.

Pier Solar has a really tough pair of trophies, though the rest of the game is super easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 6:46 AM, jrdemr said:

Well, then, let's start:

• Uncharted: They're all moderately hard, but perhaps Uncharted 2 has been the hardest so far. I wouldn't even have got the 100% for any of them hadn't I used the Tweak glitch. Even had to borrow the Nathan Drake collection from a friend just so I could use the glitch on Uncharted 2, hence why it's the hardest for me :P I haven't played all of them yet, so let's see if my choice will change.

They patched out the tweaks in the digital version for Uncharted 2 which really screwed over some people. 

I had no regrets using tweaks in the three games because Brutal difficulty is absolute bullshit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

They patched out the tweaks in the digital version for Uncharted 2 which really screwed over some people. 

I had no regrets using tweaks in the three games because Brutal difficulty is absolute bullshit.

If I'm not wrong, it's still possible to use the glitch in Uncharted 3, correct?

Rayman legends 

Dragonball xenoverse 1 was extreme time consuming till i got all super and ultimate attacks, but xenoverse 2 those old kai shool lessons where annoying just like 2 of the legendary battles.

Play station all stars battle royal was easy (except 1 trophy depending on luck online)but now impossible

Final Fantasy 13 -  I quit the first time I played because I couldn't get grips with the battle system, then came back to finish it. I made sure not to sell any of the equipment I got, but I guess I got lucky.

Tales of Graces f - Took me over 200+ hours to plat. There's a lot of grind, and I used the Hubert exploit for Rockagong and defeating the final boss on the harder difficulty levels. Don't think I would be able to beat the game without it.

Of all the resident evil platinums that I have (REmake 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, Rev2) I would say that the most that kicked my ass would be Revelations 2. 

The Speedrun and Invisible enemy modes are automatically locked at the hardest difficulties and it really tested my knowledge and patience of the game.

Specific to series...

Hmm

Metal Gear Solid 4 out of my MGS plats - I gave up on 2 else it would have been the one I picked. 

Uncharted 4 - doing Crushing for my first playthrough almost ruined the game for me. It was nearly equal to the hell I went through for the Brutal difficulty for 100% the Uncharted collection. Crushing on 1-3 was a breeze in comparison. 

Plague Inc. Evolved

Scenario Master was the one that REALLY ticked me off before plat, since the Mad Cow Disease scenario took me 20 tries before I got 3 biohazards on it. The RNG toyed me many times and it is extremely luck based.

Disease Master was a breeze, but the Fungus plague in Mega-Brutal, is again, purely luck-based.

Edited by BadRep24

• 8 months later...

In terms of actual difficulty and not just time consumption, here are the few I chose. 

Bloodborne: not only is game incredibly terrifying, but the enemies you're tasked fighting against are incredibly difficult. But what truly makes this trophy unbearable is the CURSED chalice dungeon. Cursed chalice dungeons not only increase the difficulty of the enemies you fight, but it actually slashes your health in half. And surprise, two of the three bosses basically one shot you. And to get this final trophy, you do have to go through this chalice to access a specific boss that comes after. 

Red Dead Redemption 2: not only is this game time consuming, but one of the trophies is extremely long and difficult. Unlike Grand Theft Auto 5 where you you're able to replay missions and checkoff certain objectives needed for a gold medal through multiple playthroughs, Red Dead Redemption 2 requires you to complete all objectives of a mission through a single playthrough. Yes you can replay the missions, however you still need to complete all objectives in one playthrough accumulating a total of 70 gold medals. Only one gold medal is awarded per mission as well. So you can imagine how many hours are spent trying to complete this specific trophy.

Last but not least

Beatsaber: I absolutely love this game. But this is a game that technically requires a certain level of skill to achieve the platinum trophy. One trophy is to complete the campaign. The campaign is boring in my opinion, however as you get further in there are modifiers that make it more challenging. The one that tops it all however is to get a rank SS on one expert level. SS means not a single trophy can be missed, and that your hands must travel a certain distance to achieve a certain score high enough for SS. It's incredibly difficult to achieve this rank in general, and as I said it does take a certain amount of skill in general to play the game.