What Platinums/100% you regret doing?

PostalDudeRus

For me that would be Watch_Dogs for sure. Trophy list is awful, unmovtivating and some trophies are ridiculously time-consuming (Drinking game, for example). Same thing I can say about Bodycount, but that more game's fault, than trophy list.

Currently I am busy with CoD:BO3 but I never getting 100% on this one due to cost of DLC and it's just not my type of a game. 

Any trophy lists you feel bad about going for? 

• Like 2

Like all else, DEADBOLT (a very underrated game made by the same developers who made Risk of Rain 1 + 2; highly recommended)

Difficulty: 10/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

Damn if you do, the three trophies (War, Famine, and Death) are easily the hardest to get.

1. Five star every mission. (some levels are extremely challenging and unforgiving for a five star completion)

2. Complete the game without dying or quitting. (NOPE! I have officially lost my mind after 20 attempts)

3. Complete the game in 1 hour without quitting. (Just...)

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

Any trophy lists you feel bad about going for? 

Not really. There were some games that were no fun in completing them on 100% but instead of feeling bad I rather feel proud in having them done. I could name quite a few games that fall under this conditions. 

• Like 3

Operation7 Revolution - Was asked to boost this so I accepted to do so. Could've sunk my time into something else that's enjoyable.

Don't have the plat but Friday the 13th would be for the same exact reason as Op7 if I ever feel like going back.

• Like 1

Bizarrely I often wish for the feature to delete trophies. As someone who runs a 100% completion account I try to be very careful about the games I play but a few have caused me a headache and are regrets I almost wish I could remove from my record.

Need for Speed (2015) - Easy platinum and enjoyable game but the dreaded DLC trophies for Prestige Mode gave me hell. After years of sitting at 98% I finally had to cave and pay someone to finish it up for me. Not a proud moment and a game I wish I never started.

Fifa 15, 16, 17 - I stopped playing Fifa two seasons ago and my OCD really doesn’t like the idea of starting from 20. The trophies lists are usually a pain and require a lot of skill and/or money. A series I wish I didn’t play on this ‘completionist’ account

Overwatch - The gift that keeps on giving. Don’t get me wrong I love the game but the trophies are a nightmare. I’ve had to boost some of the impossible ones such as Doomfist’s Cratered and Zen’s dreaded rapid discord trophy. Despite doing 80% or so of the trophies legit, I can’t help but dread new entries every few months or so. Great support for a game but tedious to have to relearn the game every three months or so and characters like Baptiste and the aforementioned Doomfist create further problems with their ridiculously luck dependent trophies.

• Like 1

Planet of the Eyes. It looked good from the trailer and writeup  (it even has 70% on Metacritic) but it's a rubbish pay-for-trophies game. Dying Reborn is a horrible game that I would have stopped playing long before completion but when I found out it would only take a few hours to clean up, I gritted my teeth and finished it. I'd definitely strike off those two if I could.

I also kind of regret The Little Acre and Coffin Dodgers because they are both seen as pay-for-trophy type games but at least I had a few reasonably enjoyable hours with those titles.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

Another one: Star Trek Online

Absolutely NOT going to happen. Due to its vicious grindfest (infamously known as datachips) and the buggy trophies, it's a no.

The buggy trophy was fixed. For datachips just buy them off the exchange and make characters so you can get more than one a day. But hey some people want trophies given to them for no effort or time.

Got a few.

The Mysteries of Little Riddle.

Back when I first started going for trophies I thought this was offered for free on the Ps Store. But it was an episodic game and only episode one was free. I didn’t like the game but I spent €20 on it anyway just to get 100%. 

Knee Deep.

I expected a fun, short and easy story driven game. That was true, except for the fun part. Man this game is terrible.

Trials of the Blood Dragon.

Worst piece of shit I’ve played. It was pretty difficult too, because of those terrible controls. 

• Like 2

There's a couple...

GTA V for PS3. I wish I would've held out for the PS4 version instead. The game is so sluggish on the PS3, and while I didn't notice back in 2013, it became quite a chore to load up and play when I cleaned it up for online trophies years later. So... I definitely don't regret playing GTA V, because it's great, but I wish I would've waited for the PS4 version. 

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I actually don't play games, just to get platinum trophies (and yet… I have a My Name Is Mayo-platinum, but that was an April Fool's challenge between me and friends). I played EGTTR because I was seriously interested in it (having played Dear Esther, and loved it, a year earlier or so (same developers)), but I just found it to be incredibly unengaging and boring. The game looked fantastic, but the story was so uninteresting that I kind of wish I hadn't wasted my time on it. 

Maybe a couple of the WWE 2K games as well. Looking back, they were the same every year, and I feel kind of bad having spent so much time on those games, when I could've been playing better games. 

I don't regret any, actually. However, if you ask me which platinum trophies I've done that I absolutely would NEVER do again, those would be:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - I have no desire to put myself through 500 stupid VR missions again. Nope, I'm good.

Devil May Cry 2 - This game is just terrible.

Final Fantasy X-2 - If DMC2 was terrible, this is terrible on steroids. Just a massive slog from beginning to end.

• Like 4