What Platinums/100% you regret doing?

PostalDudeRus

I wouldn't say there are any games that I regret, but that I did not enjoy at all, yes!  The Walking Dead.  I've said this several times in the past in other posts.  I did not enjoy that game at all.  What should take the average person a handful of days, maybe a week at most to platinum if one is taking their time with it, took me over a month to platinum.  It was torture!  The story was dark and depressing like all zombie-themed games, but at the same time it didn't interest me all that much.  I didn't care about the characters or any of it.  I know most people enjoyed it for what it is and it received pretty good reviews along with some GOTY nods if I remember correctly, but for me, no.  Do I regret playing it?  No.  Because it taught me a valuable lesson.  Not to just go and play any game because it's an ezpz platinum.  Lesson learned. 

• Like 2

Regret is probably a strong word, but I am definitely embarrassed of having completed games with pointless requirements (e.g. get all characters to lvl 99, such as Hyperdimension Neptunia U) where chasing trophies was unequivocally not fun and purely mechanical. I might still succumb to the temptation now and then, but have overall learned to be comfortable living without the platinum for games that require multiple playthroughs, speedruns, or aforementioned pointless grinds like the above.

The only game I'm truly embarrassed to have bought and Platinumed, is Welcome to the World of ZJ the Ball. This "game" is easily the most irredeemably awful one I've ever bought and and wish I'd never bought it :(. I bought this, because I thought there was a chance this developer had improved their quality control and finally produced a game that was half-decent but boy was I wrong in every way possible!

• Like 2

fortunately, none, I'm not saying that I don't have any fodder 100%/platinum games, but even my fodder games are not crazy 1 minute button mashing $1 indie picture games designed for that purpose, they are easy fodder 100%/platinum games, but they're actually legit games that I enjoyed and they also have easy trophies

but there are a few games on my profile that I'm not proud of because I admit that I played them only for the easy trophies, but there aren't that many so it's ok with me

Gone Home

Claire

Psychopass Mandatory Happiness

Erica

Telling Lies

Edited by The Investigator

I regret none and I'm about to plat watch dogs once more on Playstation 4, got it on the 4

2 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

fortunately, none, I'm not syaing that I don't have any fodder 100%/platinum games, but even my fodder games are not crazy 1 minute button mashing $1 indie picture games designed for that purpose, they are easy fodder 100%/platinum games, but they're actually legit games that I enjoyed and they also have easy trophies

but there are a few games on my profile that I'm not proud of because I admit that I played them only for the easy trophies, but there aren't that many so it's ok with me

Gone Home

Claire

Psychopass Mandatory Happiness

Erica

Telling Lies

Erica and gone home are actually decent games though

On 16.9.2019 at 1:55 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Undertale, Planet of the eyes, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, Albedo eyes from outer space, Day of the tentacle remastered and Eekemo splinters of a dark shard.

So hard and lousy games, I really regret wasting time of my life achieving these platinums

Hellblade is amazing, actually

On 16.9.2019 at 8:15 PM, CraigyXO said:

Bizarrely I often wish for the feature to delete trophies. As someone who runs a 100% completion account I try to be very careful about the games I play but a few have caused me a headache and are regrets I almost wish I could remove from my record.

Need for Speed (2015) - Easy platinum and enjoyable game but the dreaded DLC trophies for Prestige Mode gave me hell. After years of sitting at 98% I finally had to cave and pay someone to finish it up for me. Not a proud moment and a game I wish I never started.

Fifa 15, 16, 17 - I stopped playing Fifa two seasons ago and my OCD really doesn’t like the idea of starting from 20. The trophies lists are usually a pain and require a lot of skill and/or money. A series I wish I didn’t play on this ‘completionist’ account

Overwatch - The gift that keeps on giving. Don’t get me wrong I love the game but the trophies are a nightmare. I’ve had to boost some of the impossible ones such as Doomfist’s Cratered and Zen’s dreaded rapid discord trophy. Despite doing 80% or so of the trophies legit, I can’t help but dread new entries every few months or so. Great support for a game but tedious to have to relearn the game every three months or so and characters like Baptiste and the aforementioned Doomfist create further problems with their ridiculously luck dependent trophies.

You didn't have to complete those games. You've done it to yourself. Learn to let go

58 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

Erica and gone home are actually decent games though

yeah but I'm saying that the only reason I've played them is because I wanted the easy trophies, if it wasn't for the easy trophies, I would've never touched them, so that's why I would kinda keep them in the back of my list if I could because I'm not proud of playing a game just for easy trophies even if it's a legit game

Edited by The Investigator

1. lego batman 3 - the game glitched at 99% and i had to do everything all over again..

2. Thief (2014) - the worst open world (if it can be called it that way) i've ever played with claustrophobic, greyish nooks and crannies that all look identical with tons and tons of junk you have to collect to make money to be able to buy stuff (the greatest thief of all time steals forks and spoons - sounds legit?), from what i've heard previous games had different fence merchants so that way one can't sell all the stuff to one merchant - thank god they didn't add this mechanic in this one,

constant loading screens when going through the city districts,

uninterruptible slow animations with annoying unrelenting qtes.

The game has its atmosphere and a couple of somewhat interesting levels (sanitarium, brothel), but other than that it is an utter mess.

• Like 1

I definitely regret going for Undertale. After playing for the first hour, I quickly wanted to bounce off. I would have rather deleted it, but went for the Platinum to get it out of the way.

My most unenjoyable grind may have been Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order given how complicated the map system is and how much backtracking is involved to get specific collectables. 

My strategy is to try and 100% every game I play, although I occasionally opt to not go back for dull or overly long DLC post-base game completion (e.g. Watch Dogs: Legion Resistance mode, some NG+ patches). Still, due to my approach, some horrible completions slip through the cracks. Enjoy my misery! 

Disclaimer: Most of these are technically Xbox completions, but they are the equivalent to a platinum so is relevant. I'm around 75% Xbox, 25% PS and Switch, so I have far more Xbox completions.  

- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Although this game definitely did not fully live up to expectations - for the first 30 hours or so, I enjoyed it as you would enjoy a 7/10 game and found it sort of fun. However, the collectible hunt, grind, lengthy DLC's and miscellaneous tasks were incredibly tedious and absolutely destroyed my joy for the game and I detested it by the end. Horrifically boring list for achievement/trophy hunters. Probably the worst one, and was one of the only times I truly questioned whether I was "gaming right". 

- Dreams. I enjoyed the game for what it was, especially some pre-made content, but I am just not the type to create so the levelling trophies took SO long, and stopped me from playing other games. Sort of wish I just played this for fun on a backup account. 

- Watch Dogs: Legion. Never played 1, but thought 2 was an undervalued game that year. Thus, I was excited for Legion was a step back in virtually every way possible and ruined any anticipation I had for the future of the series. Fun gameplay, light-hearted but not bad story, some good DLC's and very fun mechanics. Legion was mediocre, bordering on bad. A horrific, glitch filled mess with no identity, sporadic tone and felt rushed. On Series X, I had a game-breaking stutter glitch (not a joke check this video out if you want a laugh) which at the time forced a delete, restart. Got the 1000G after another 10-15 hours, as I'd fortunately done most side content before the glitch, but it was insanely dull. 

- Innerspace. I picked this game up because I thought it looked pretty, and I really like any 'better quality' indie game I can get my hands on. This one was painful. Few guides around, and those that exist are hard to follow due to controls. I was insanely disorientated, almost to the point of motion sickness, a lot of the time. Generally didn't enjoy my time with this one. 

- Finally, all my previous shovelware. On PlayStation this doesn't massively apply as its my secondary console and I'm a bit more efficient on what I play (consoles exclusives and replaying some personal favourite indie titles for Platinums, mainly) but on my main Xbox profile I've done dozens over the years. Fortunately, I'd say my it hasn't diluted the depth of my Xbox profile too much as I never miss a game I really want to play (favourite and/or quality games I have completed) but I generally regret padding my profile with Ratalaika, Xitilion, eastasiasoft, etc. titles. These days, my overall gamerscore is a much lower priority than just completing X game. Thus, I have gotten much better the past couple of years, but I'm still not absolved fully of sin. The more quality games I complete, the more I will wash away the sins of the past. Issue is Xitilion release huge title updates regularly.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JIMMOTHYY said:

I definitely regret going for Undertale. After playing for the first hour, I quickly wanted to bounce off. I would have rather deleted it, but went for the Platinum to get it out of the way.

I actually agreed with this one originally. On PS4, I flat out did not enjoy my time and wondered why it was one of the best reviewed games in recent years. When it came to Xbox, I did it again and I quite enjoyed it the second time. Some of the writing is really funny and the combat is addictive, and I feel trophy guides rush you past the games' intrinsic charm. I still don't view it at a 10/10 game like many do, but I view the game in higher esteem than I once did for sure. 

• 1 month later...

Brink

Lc49bce.png

Dumb AI, aggressive enemies, useless grenades, bland story... I could make a whole list why I hate this game, but I think I've made my point. Only because of the reviews that gave generous scores, I bough this game and thought this would be something cool. After a few minutes of playing, I was mistaken. I got the platinum after several years, but was it worth it? No. A waste of time.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MrGarland said:

Brink

Lc49bce.png

Dumb AI, aggressive enemies, useless grenades, bland story... I could make a whole list why I hate this game, but I think I've made my point. Only because of the reviews that gave generous scores, I bough this game and thought this would be something cool. After a few minutes of playing, I was mistaken. I got the platinum after several years, but was it worth it? No. A waste of time.

Personally I never found brink to be that bad outside of a single mission where you have to capture the crane objective and it's right outside where the enemy team spawns. So you really has to rely on luck to clear that mission in campaign mode because of how bad the AI was tuned on both sides.

Mostly everything could be boosted with two consoles and many of the objectives were easy. Even the max level grinding could be done by going afk for a dozen or so hours due to the enemy AI getting stuck in a looped behavior and all the while you're getting exp from them trying to stop your actions but not bothering to kill you..

I regret more the ones I haven't finished than the ones I have, but games that I have platinumed have the advantage of being completed and done, which eases the pain of the grind. Some were definitely slogs.

Like some other people, I have a complicated relationship with my many, many shovelware platinums. I am by no means proud of any of those, but it also doesn't bother me to do them. I like that sweet, sweet trophy pop and I have had phases of seeing where I could get on the leaderboard, which encourages this sort of deviant behavior.

• Like 1

Counting PC:

Dishonored - Because of it's stupid "Trial" DLC. It took way too long and got me so frustrated! All that effort for a measly reward.

Bioshock Infinite - It has the same "Trial" BS tacked on as in Dishonored.

Fallout 76 - I'm a sucker for Fallout. While it's not as bad as everyone says, the grind necessary to complete the Settlers DLC takes things way too far.

The Binding of Isaac - I love this game, it's one of my all time favorites. However, the new Repentance DLC took the difficulty and the grind required to a whole new level. All my favorite items got nerfed! I'm probably never finishing this one... probably...

Edited by Bratinov
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2022 at 2:00 PM, Vern3r0z said:

Walking dead season 2. Not because its a bad game, but because its the only game on my profile with no platinum. I did it early in my trophy hunting career and didn't really know how adding trophies to games worked then, i thought they would add the platinum with the trophies from the last episode, but they never did.

Don't feel bad, there are some great games that don't have a Platinum trophy. I personally like the green checkmark better for 100%, plus it counts towards compleation percentage.

I also regret my very first game - God of War. 

Not because it's a bad game, but because I never set my clock and wasn't online at the time I created my profile. This means I have some trophies with no timestamps, which really messed up my milestones.

Shame I didn't know all this was a thing back then.

Edit: apologies for double posting.

Edited by Bratinov
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Personally I never found brink to be that bad outside of a single mission where you have to capture the crane objective and it's right outside where the enemy team spawns. So you really has to rely on luck to clear that mission in campaign mode because of how bad the AI was tuned on both sides.

Mostly everything could be boosted with two consoles and many of the objectives were easy. Even the max level grinding could be done by going afk for a dozen or so hours due to the enemy AI getting stuck in a looped behavior and all the while you're getting exp from them trying to stop your actions but not bothering to kill you..

That, or you could also play with a friend which I did since someone else was also after the only difficulty related trophy in the game. For reaching max level, I did it solo and used the AFK methods mentioned in the trophy guides.

I might've seem negative towards this game, but that's just my personal opinion. If you enjoyed it, that's cool. I respect that, but I just wanted to say my own opinion about it.

Farming Simulator 2019 - this was hands down the most boring game I’ve ever played in my life. I kind of jump into games blindly and thought I could build my own little farm and pet all the animals. I was so very wrong ?

To this day people laugh at me when I answer this same question verbally lmao.

• Like 1