Trophy Thoughts?

On 9/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Well trophies look good

There's no trophy called "Nut Up or Shut Up", wasted opportunity! Other than that, I agree the trophy collection looks good. I wouldn't mind having the platinum as a milestone.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

I am a huge fan of Zombieland mainly because I will watch anything with Emma stone but I am going to assume this game is a dud and only releasing to promote the movie unfortunately.

I did enjoy Zombieland when I watched it for the first time months back but I do hope the run time for the sequel a little longer as (IMO) the first was bit too short, that or time flew fast due to my amusement.

Edited by Dry

21 minutes ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

There's no trophy called "Nut up or shut up", such a wasted opportunity. Other than that I agree the trophy collection looks good. I wouldn't mind having the platinum as a milestone.

I enjoyed Zombieland quite a bit when I decided to watch it for the first time a few months back, but I do hope the run time for the sequel is longer this time. The first movie felt too short for me.

Ya it was kind of short but I am just glad they got the whole original cast back, I agree the first one felt rushed tho.

5 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

Is Bill Murray in it? If not, the devs need to rethink their lives.

That's not how it works. Mr Murray is very selective of his projects and protective of his likeness (except for that time he started as Garfield because he thought it was a Coen Brothers movie ?).

3 hours ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

(...) The first movie felt too short for me.

I think they achieved a lot with a $24 million budget. Compare that to the $250 million budget of The Fate of The Furious and you'll see Zombieland was a pretty decent movie for its cost.

Concerning the game, it looks like a twin stick shooter from the PS2 era. Might be fun, might be complete trash.

Sweetennial
Collect 100 Twinkies to celebrate 100 years of Hostess!

CHA-CHING! Already making some sweet dolla bills ?

• Like 2

Some Trophy names are well made up. Also the requirements might take a few tries. Like 88 minutes of single horde mode and burn yourself and six zombies. Looks like achieving the Platinum Trophy will be entertaining. 

Offline 4-player Trophy might be done with just one controller. We will have to find out.

The first Zombieland was a nice movie. It was on television yesterday in my country, so I watched it again. I was surprised that there is a sequel coming. I hope it will be another surprise hit, so fingers crossed.

Apparently the price of this game is going to be $/€ 39.99, which is steep (especially compared to games alike). Maybe it's due to the license. The game is allready available as a preorder on other consoles: f.e. 

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/zombieland-double-tap-road-trip-switch/

Info by publisher (18 levels, local co-op, screenshots, etc): https://gamemill.com

Edited by ConAir
Zpelling error

• 3 weeks later...

I have the game and playing it now completed it within 3 hours looking like a easy platinum but part from that it’s boring the hell out of me not worth the 30 I paid for such a let down , made to promote film nothing more gets a 1/10 from me 

Edited by moonie2k17

On 10/11/2019 at 8:52 PM, moonie2k17 said:

I have the game and playing it now completed it within 3 hours looking like a easy platinum but part from that it’s boring the hell out of me not worth the 30 I paid for such a let down , made to promote film nothing more gets a 1/10 from me 

For the fully loaded trophy you need 4 players couch co-op or do they have online?  Possibly maybe you can play with AI I would hope?

6 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

For the fully loaded trophy you need 4 players couch co-op or do they have online?  Possibly maybe you can play with AI I would hope?

Looks like local co-op only unless they changed something.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Well trophies look good 

just need to see some gameplay 

There's nothing to see here. I'd be surprised if its better than the 'Zombie Apocalypse' games, which neither them or this game (or those other two overhead twin stick zombie shooters) are competent rivals for Dead Nation.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

On 15/10/2019 at 11:47 PM, steel6burgh said:

Hey I have one controller and signed in as three guest and had to go back and forth and then loaded up second mission and let guest die and played on through and trophy popped at end of mission hope this helps 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got this for $10 on sale and it's a fun little game but nothing amazing. Two of the four characters voice impressions are not very good, but I skipped almost all the dialogue anyway.

The main silly trophy is for getting Zombie Kill of the Week 12 times. The best level for this is Expiration Date because it's so short. Just have four players, let three die at the beginning, make sure to kill zombies either with the exploding car or something else like that, and kill main boss. Takes like three minutes, tops.

• 1 year later...

Buy in promotion for 3 dollars. worth it.

I just finished the platinum, nice game in the dead nation style. I got the trophy for chapter 1 which didn't pop during my 4 controller run, so I quit the game and continued it on chapter 2. The chapter 2 trophy and the 4 controller trophy did pop. So I went back and redid chapter 1 and the trophy finally popped. I've seen people complain about the 88 minute trophy not poping for them either. So I think if you have done something that was supposed to give you a trophy and it doesn't pop I would advise you to restart the game before trying to do another trophy because I think it might be buggy. 

Overall an interesting game, but at the end the little Grind for all the lvl 10 skills was not long, but a bit boring. Fortunately the game is not long, it allows to stay on a good opinion on it I think. For those who like dead nation style games, I recommend it.

Edited by tobaldou