Ignition Completionist Not Unlocking

SuperSaiyan3985

So I played the original Driveclub way back in 2015-2016, but then I left the game and sold my copy. Recently I came back to do Bikes and finish getting all gold stars. I didn’t have to rebuy the original Driveclub to play the DLCs that I already purchased because I was able to access them through Bikes, now the problem is I just finished getting all the stars for Ignition but the trophy didn’t pop. Why is this? Could it be because I don’t have the base game of Driveclub installed?  I’m really confused and frustrated. 

14 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

So I played the original Driveclub way back in 2015-2016, but then I left the game and sold my copy. Recently I came back to do Bikes and finish getting all gold stars. I didn’t have to rebuy the original Driveclub to play the DLCs that I already purchased because I was able to access them through Bikes, now the problem is I just finished getting all the stars for Ignition but the trophy didn’t pop. Why is this? Could it be because I don’t have the base game of Driveclub installed?  I’m really confused and frustrated. 

im think That for sony you dont own the game so you cant win trophys for him dont matter if you have any dlc

19 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I'm pretty sure that is the issue. While both games launch from a shared menu, the trophies seem to only pop when you are playing the game from which the trophy is earned.

As an example, I hit driver level 50 while grinding bike XP in DriveClub Bikes, and I did not get the Welcome to the Limit trophy. I had to back out and flip over to a DriveClub event and the trophy popped when that race finished.

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I'm pretty sure that is the issue. While both games launch from a shared menu, the trophies seem to only pop when you are playing the game from which the trophy is earned.

As an example, I hit driver level 50 while grinding bike XP in DriveClub Bikes, and I did not get the Welcome to the Limit trophy. I had to back out and flip over to a DriveClub event and the trophy popped when that race finished.

I see. Well I already ended up getting 45/45 stars in Ignition while I only had the Bikes license so when I put the Driveclub disc in, start up the game, will the trophy pop automatically or will I have to do a race first? 

16 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I see. Well I already ended up getting 45/45 stars in Ignition while I only had the Bikes license so when I put the Driveclub disc in, start up the game, will the trophy pop automatically or will I have to do a race first? 

You might need to do another race, but maybe you are in luck and it pops instantly. 5 minutes work, I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I think you’ll need to complete an event. I’d recommend doing an Ignition event if it doesn’t pop immediately.

• Like 1

UPDATE: So my disc copy of Driveclub came in today. I started up the game, no trophy. I picked a random Ignition event, completed it, then the trophy popped (as many of you predicted). Thanks everyone! Looks like you simply need some form of license to the game regardless of whether or not you have access to the DLC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

UPDATE: So my disc copy of Driveclub came in today. I started up the game, no trophy. I picked a random Ignition event, completed it, then the trophy popped (as many of you predicted). Thanks everyone! Looks like you simply need some form of license to the game regardless of whether or not you have access to the DLC.

Nice! Glad it all worked out.

• Like 1