rare spawn missions

SweatySpahgetti

Is this the Demonskaggon one? I just completed it :/

I'm not sure what's up with the rare spawn missions either. I've gotten Dinklebot twice and Demonskaggon once, but that after like 25 hours of play. Since I got Dinklebot twice for some reason, if Demonskaggon comes back up I'll ping you.

These stupid quest become available after someone on your friends list has killed one of the enemies. If friend kills demoskaggin, you get a quest to kill one, etc. I don’t remember where I read this but I tested with my girlfriend and it definitely seems to be the case. 

Good to know they needed for the trophy. I was hoping after finishing slaughterstar 3000 I would get the trophy since I have only done a handful of these. There are at least 10 btw

Edited by DougKelley1982

9 hours ago, DougKelley1982 said:

These stupid quest become available after someone on your friends list has killed one of the enemies. If friend kills demoskaggin, you get a quest to kill one, etc. I don’t remember where I read this but I tested with my girlfriend and it definitely seems to be the case. 

Good to know they needed for the trophy. I was hoping after finishing slaughterstar 3000 I would get the trophy since I have only done a handful of these. There are at least 10 btw

This makes a lot of sense now. I just finished the stuff with Rhys and killing Katagawa Jr a little while ago....and it popped up in Sanctuary. It was just weird to me because Demonskaggon was like Level 4 when I'm level 23, so he took absolutely zero effort to kill. 

But you are right. I do remember Gearbox saying this was the case. These are enemies that will spawn at random for you, and if you kill them, then your friends will be sent the opportunity to do so. Would be nice if they told us which friend it was coming from. 

So i have a whole friends list full of trophy hunters who are playing this game and going for the 100% so if these missions spawn after a friend completes them then I'm assuming it won't be rare or a lot of people are going to be upset they don't have the 100%.  Lol what a stupid method for spawning missions.  How did the first person who did them get them to spawn? Why do developers over complicate things?

22 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

I'm confused now.  lol

Some people are saying that the rare spawn missions are required and others are not.  Which is it?  1f60b.png

100% it is not. They add on to your missions count though so the total number of missions youve completed will lie to you. 

3 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

So i have a whole friends list full of trophy hunters who are playing this game and going for the 100% so if these missions spawn after a friend completes them then I'm assuming it won't be rare or a lot of people are going to be upset they don't have the 100%.  Lol what a stupid method for spawning missions.  How did the first person who did them get them to spawn? Why do developers over complicate things?

from what ive seen on streams, you can just go to their location and farm that to spawn them. So if youre just running through an area and they spawn then your friends will get the quest. Regardless they arent necessary at all, they add to the mission total which makes it difficult to track how many youve actually done tho. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SweatySpahgetti said:

i have the plat now, and theyre not even required 

So it's the circle of slaughters that I'm missing? The 73/80 moonlight challenge for side quests is wrong? I'm confused because when I did the last kill quest it added to the challenge counter 

41 minutes ago, DougKelley1982 said:

So do the circle of Slaughter missions count towards the complete all side missions trophy? I have no more side quest to do. Only the circle of slaughters?

yes they do count

54 minutes ago, goonernessie said:

So it's the circle of slaughters that I'm missing? The 73/80 moonlight challenge for side quests is wrong? I'm confused because when I did the last kill quest it added to the challenge counter 

yeah the rare spawn missions add to the total but dont actually count for the trophy so the total is wrong, however if you go to the individual area maps they will tell you how many you still need. Circle of slaughter does count but they are soloable! 

5 minutes ago, SweatySpahgetti said:

yes they do count

yeah the rare spawn missions add to the total but dont actually count for the trophy so the total is wrong, however if you go to the individual area maps they will tell you how many you still need. Circle of slaughter does count but they are soloable! 

Okay thanks ?

28 minutes ago, SweatySpahgetti said:

yes they do count

Thank you!! One more Circle Of Slaughter til the platinum!