Any one getting Saints Row 4?

I really can't see why but fine.

The game itself it´s not to be taken seriously, most of the stuff is a parody or a comical reference to other media, if you want something more serious it´s normal you don´t like I understand, but that´s why there are other sandbox to choose from with more serious story, for now the producers of saints row founded the formula that people like more for the series.

I'm not buying it day one, and not even close to the launch date for sure... but I guess I'll play it some day. I'm new to Saints Row, thanks to PS+ I'm playing SR3 and I like it very much! However I'm not THAT interested, and even if I was, I'm already getting Splinter Cell Blacklist for sure -- won't be able to buy multiple games at the same time haha.

No. Saint Row 2 was on PSN Plus, Saint Row 3 is on PSN Plus ... I can wait.

Didn't know about SR2, but when I saw SR3 on Plus, I kinda thought it could be to bring more new players so that they would be interested on SR4, available just a few months after putting 'The Third' in PS+.

It's my theory, though haha

Edited by Playsonic2

Played sr2 and sr3, but don't think I be getting sr4. The alien thing put me off. Took me a while to get into sr3 but eventually it turned me around and i quite enjoyed it. I do prefer sr2 more as it wasn't too mental but what I did like was the Hover bike in sr3 made getting collectibles soo much easy.

I highly doubt it. When they said you will be spending just as much if not more time finding collectables than playing the game, they might have just said dont buy this. And this series is starting to look like the even number games are bad, and the odd number games are good if not great. 1 was awesome, 2 was pure uninspired crap, should never have released, 3 was fantastic, 4 looks like a joke. Another reason I say no is bc GTA V. If it would have released last october, it would have no gun customization, no car customization, no stock market, no buying houses, no buying businesses and getting no perks for owning that business. But now that its coming out in a month and a half, with all of those things I have to say I want and have paid off GTA V already. Even if I had the money, for SR4 I think i would just put it to BF4 bc SR4 looks like a bad joke.

Edited by BMJ2K7

About all that Saints Row 4 is 3.5 its a lame excuse. I mean its 3.5 because it uses the same graphic engine? Not like most games don`t do the same. Half Life 2, EP1, EP2 all had same engine with little graphic upgrades. So many games with Unreal Engine, and then there is Frostbite too on many and so on. I just can`t see why it would be 3.5. Story is new, and thats all that matters, atleast for me. There will be new activities, side quests, the virtual world.

Heck they will even put the Normandy from ME, Minecraft head, Assassins Creed clothing and so on. Saw a 1 hour long video about this, and I`m so amazed how they parody out every stuff. I just gotta love the makers.

• Like 1

If this one isn't worse than the third (I have a almost 7 year old brother  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: so I don't want him to see somethings that are out of his age like the dildo) Im gonna get it but just like Parker not in first day because is too much expensive let the price goes down a little first

Also I'm excited to see the role of the characters of Neil Patrick Harris (I hope the character could be something like Barney of How I Met Your Mother) and Rob Van Dam

No. Saint Row 2 was on PSN Plus, Saint Row 3 is on PSN Plus ... I can wait.

I forgot about that

Wel then maybe I will download Saints Row 2 just to play the story sometime when I finish the backlog

Now let's see if it will come the game on PS+ first then it becomes cheaper in stores

I would rather hammer nails into my entire body, instead of playing that garbage that was GTA4 for one second, Saints row 3 I played for 10 hours non stop, enough said :D

Wow. Good luck with that. Considering you're the type of person who always likes the newest things, I can see why you would like Saints Row: The Third more than Grand Theft Auto IV.  

• 2 weeks later...

I will be getting SR4 and plan to have the platinum by the time GTA V comes out. My thoughts on this series vs gta is this: i did not enjoy SR1 or 2. Thought they were cheap gta knockoffs. SR3 was amazing because it had its own identity and was insanely fun to play. I always look forward to the next GTA title and V looks promising. GTA is one of my favorite series of all time. SR3 comes in a close second. These are my opinions so don't take it personally.

As much as I enjoyed the third I think I will give this one a miss for multiple reasons. 

A) still playing a few of my games at the moment which will easily tie me over to till GTAV arrives. 

B) I will be getting a PS4 at launch and Arkham Origins at the end of October at which time I will likely still be playing GTAV

C) It looks the same as SR: The Third so if I want to play SR I will just play that one

D) If I get it then I will wait a year until the ultimate bundle comes out as this is bound to get multiple expansion packs all at relatively high price.

I would rather hammer nails into my entire body, instead of playing that garbage that was GTA4 for one second, Saints row 3 I played for 10 hours non stop, enough said :D

GTA 4 has a lot of flaws and is also very overrated (I mean, it's the highest rated game on Metacritic) but it is definitely not garbage. This isn't even about opinion anymore. Disliking it/not enjoying it is one thing, but calling it garbage? Cmon. That's ridiculous.