Fun?

Multi-Melta

I just thought that I'd bring this up. I saw a trailer for this and my mouth dropped. Not in a good way. It felt like I was watching the best tetris player in the world work his way flawlessly through a maze of falling death and ground death, all the while collecting coins. I could tell that the game would not be fun for me. I'd die often, and the game appears to be really repetitive. Any thoughts on this seemingly uber difficult game?

I see what you mean... that does NOT look like fun. It reminds me a bit of that Minis title, the Impossible Game, only far harder.

I certainly wouldn't like it. But there are people out there who thrive on this kind of challenge. To those people, I wish you luck.

Holy hell that gameplay is crazy. No way in hell I'd ever get good enough to enjoy this game but the bungie co-op mode does look like good, goofy fun. 

Parker

That trailer is just showing off how hard the ai program that generates the stages can get if you so wish for it to get that ridiculous or get really far in the arcade modes that starts off really easy and slowly picks up. So not every stage is like that unless you want it to be that crazy that is. I think escalation gameplay will be the best way to show off what the game is like.

Edited by run757

Played it for three hours. I'd say it's very fun. It does a real nice job of starting out easy and slowly making it more and more difficult. I beat the first 115 levels of the story (a little less than half of that mode I'm guessing) and I've only died 300 or so times. Played Arcade mode a couple of times and had a blast with it. Easily worth the ten bucks if this is your type of game.

I personally think this game is a lot of fun. I played an hour or so of it earlier and am at level 51 on Story Mode. The levels weren't as hard as the ones they showed in the videos. As someone else said that is to show how hard the Arcade Mode can get as you go along. I believe I read somewhere that the better you get at the game the harder the AI makes it. I think it's a fun platformer and I really didn't mind if I died. I actually thought it was pretty funny when I would die and a good challenge to get it right to get to the end of the level. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly the game is fun and it's not as hard as say Super Meat Boy or that insane I wanna be the guy game. Reasoning is because every level is randomly generated based on your skill level. Every room has a rhythm to it and once you learn it you can beat it. KEEP IN MIND there's a reason NO ONE as of now has 100%'d this game. It's fun sure to play but I wouldn't dare try to beat it all, I am not that good... but hey at least since I'm bad the game will make easier levels for me cause it adjusts its difficulty accordingly after each little room.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I really like simple games (easy to understand, not with a lot of buttons, those first games made), even after the 100% I'm still playing this in Arcade mode and getting first place in leaderboards, thing that I do only if I really like a game, the game is hard sure (except for first levels of course) but is funny, a good number of characters and random levels in Arcade mode, it can be played with others people with more pads too.

Edited by VirtualNight

• 8 years later...
On 7/31/2013 at 2:36 AM, MarkGibbons said:

This is the perfect video game, I didn't even though it existed until this post,

now brb, I'm gonna 100% this.

The legend says that he never come back.