Roronora_Zoro666

Does anyone else hate this game?

21 posts in this topic

I returned after a few years only to realize why I stopped playing this. The game can only be played using SIXAXIS, which is horrible in and of itself and now the game is on an endless repetitive loop. All I wanna do is finish to see if trophies pop and I have no idea how much closer I am to the end as the game keeps looping itself. Does anyone else hate this game or find it boring?

Never bought the hype for these "oh cool it looks pretty I guess" walking sim progenitor games like Journey and this one Sony tried to push down our throats, there's a reason nobody praised the gameplay of these games and always praised the "atmosphere" 😏

5 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Never bought the hype for these "oh cool it looks pretty I guess" walking sim progenitor games like Journey and this one Sony tried to push down our throats, there's a reason nobody praised the gameplay of these games and always praised the "atmosphere" 😏

FlOw is the reason I never bothered with the follow up titles 

I used to played this game a lot, when it I got used to SIXAXIS controls, somehow its addicting and fun, but...controls..just sucks. 

Tying a game like this to trophies was a mistake, but I'd probably not like it regardless. Gimmicky controls are generally a blight upon gaming rather than an enhancement.

You really shouldn't write off the developer's other games, though. Flower is everything this game is not in terms of being a chilled-out Zen game, and Journey is just something else entirely. Besides being special game experiences if you let them, neither of them are hard to 100% anyways.

I liked it. I had no problem with the controls. It is frustrating at first, but once you get passed the beginning it is a piece of cake.

Only have one trophy left and can say the majority of the trophies are glitched. I had well over 30 segments and missed Giant, didn't eat anything and missed Peace. I did the glitch-install and popped 3/4 I was missing in the credits sequence. Seems without DLC, you cant do the base game.

I had no problems with the controls. I played it on all three consoles, and all the other games also.

Hate it, wish I never started it. The controls sucks, there's no instructions. Like starting a job and not being told what to do. Pretty, but feels very unfinished

I played it, despised the controls and unfortunately popped two trophies. Tried it AGAIN on PS4 and popped another trophy. Now I have two stacks of arguably one of my least favorite game.

I’m struggling with the Pure trophy in Flower because I simply suck at using motion controls. 

Probably best I avoid Fl0w altogether.

18 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I’m struggling with the Pure trophy in Flower because I simply suck at using motion controls. 

It's highly advised. Im forever stuck at 95%.

On 30.12.2020 at 2:54 AM, Spaz said:

Stick to the upper left corner to avoid the falling debris and it should be yours :)

Flow is way harder imho OR I'm just too stupid to use the sixaxis properly...

Maybe one I'll revisit it but hard to tell with those controls,  flower was more entertaining.

Some games you have to be in a right frame of mind to play & enjoy.

If you are too tired and/or stressed out by other things in your life, that may not be the ideal opportunity.

Just 2 weeks ago I spent roughly 7 hours in a single checkpoint in Call of Duty Classic's "Pavlov's House" mission.

I didn't get mad or started hating the game, but obviously I noticed, as time went on, that I would not be getting past the checkpoint in that day.

I waited 2 days, played other games, then returned and finished the mission in less than 30 minutes.

Happened multiple times in other games for me, along the years, like in the "Impress Warren Vidic" trophy in Assassin's Creed: Revelations too.

Honestly, it looked irritating and annoying to me from the trailer, so I never bothered. Not my type of game 

I loved Journey but hated Flower, so based on everything I've read about flOw I decided to skip it. I really don't like motion controls.

Flow is an interesting concept on how to use the motion controls. The concept though did not result in what was imagined though. If you want a game on a 2d surface like Flow or Geometry Wars, the controls need to be tight so you have great maneuverability. That is what got lost in the translation from concept to reality. The motion controls are just not tight enough to pivot around a narrow space which is why some of the trophies are so frustrating such the not eating anything or others. 

Flower is more forgiving since it has a much more open environment. Yes Pure takes a few attempts but is reasonable to get done. For the most part you can slow down or circle around easily if you miss something. Journey I have no opinion on since I have not played it.