Does anyone else hate this game?

Roronora_Zoro666

5 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Never bought the hype for these "oh cool it looks pretty I guess" walking sim progenitor games like Journey and this one Sony tried to push down our throats, there's a reason nobody praised the gameplay of these games and always praised the "atmosphere" ?

FlOw is the reason I never bothered with the follow up titles 

• Like 1

Tying a game like this to trophies was a mistake, but I'd probably not like it regardless. Gimmicky controls are generally a blight upon gaming rather than an enhancement.

You really shouldn't write off the developer's other games, though. Flower is everything this game is not in terms of being a chilled-out Zen game, and Journey is just something else entirely. Besides being special game experiences if you let them, neither of them are hard to 100% anyways.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30.12.2020 at 2:54 AM, Spaz said:

I’m struggling with the Pure trophy in Flower because I simply suck at using motion controls. 

Probably best I avoid Fl0w altogether.

Stick to the upper left corner to avoid the falling debris and it should be yours :)

Flow is way harder imho OR I'm just too stupid to use the sixaxis properly...

Flow is an interesting concept on how to use the motion controls. The concept though did not result in what was imagined though. If you want a game on a 2d surface like Flow or Geometry Wars, the controls need to be tight so you have great maneuverability. That is what got lost in the translation from concept to reality. The motion controls are just not tight enough to pivot around a narrow space which is why some of the trophies are so frustrating such the not eating anything or others. 

Flower is more forgiving since it has a much more open environment. Yes Pure takes a few attempts but is reasonable to get done. For the most part you can slow down or circle around easily if you miss something. Journey I have no opinion on since I have not played it.