Anyone Else feel Perma-lost?

DrBloodmoney

Liking this game for the most part, but, man, I feel like I spend 70% of my time trying to figure out how to get somewhere on the damn map...

Is it just me? Am I missing something? 

Every time I need to backtrack anywhere, I feel like I run in circles trying to work out how I got there the first time, and end up back where I started!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Liking this game for the most part, but, man, I feel like I spend 70% of my time trying to figure out how to get somewhere on the damn map...

Is it just me? Am I missing something? 

Every time I need to backtrack anywhere, I feel like I run in circles trying to work out how I got there the first time, and end up back where I started!

I felt this way pretty much the whole game as well the map is just bad and often doesn't do much.  I found if I died after 20-30 minutes from a check point I would forget where I went and have to look for where I was going again which got me pretty irritated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's not that hard getting around. 

When you know the main location of your objective and then the more specified area it's really easy. Look at the signs on the walls or above doors. 

Also the map isn't that bad tbh. 

I don't mind a game were it's not holding your hand all the way through every step. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Navigation is Control's biggest (and perhaps only) flaw. The map is pretty useless, and can sometimes take forever to load. There are no waypoints to guide you and it is very easy to get turned around or go the wrong way. There are several spots in the game where I was simply running in circles, trying to find the correct path/corridor to progress. 

The best tools to navigate are with the quest locations and the in game signage, those are actual somewhat useful.

Great game, just terrible map system.

Navigation is Control's biggest (and perhaps only) flaw. The map is pretty useless, and can sometimes take forever to load. There are no waypoints to guide you and it is very easy to get turned around or go the wrong way. There are several spots in the game where I was simply running in circles, trying to find the correct path/corridor to progress. 

The best tools to navigate are with the quest locations and the in game signage, those are actual somewhat useful.

Great game, just terrible map system.

I personally don't mind since it makes exploration a bit more immersive. If I get lost, I just return to a main hub and follow the signs.

After a while you become familiar with the layout of the areas, and start exploring off the beaten path.

I prefer this kind of exploration as opposed to mindlessly following markers or compasses. 

Edited by BifeSTER
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I struggled in the beginning but then I started looking at signposts in the game and using the map as an approximate guide. Got used to it after a bit. it's not a game where everything's handed to you on a plate. You will need to use your smarts a bit to find your way around. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have "enjoyed" trying to find where to go, because, to me, resembles to when one is actually trying to find a place xD

Looking at the signs at the walls is really helpful.

Is helpful the Sector/Sub Sector text you see at the upper left. If the game wants you to go to a new Sector, for example Containment, you can guess it is a new sector because if it won't Containment should be after the Sector/Containment.

So, when you see this, you guess you have to go to the main elevator to pick the new sector.

Rod

• 3 weeks later...