Trophy Thoughts

AnEldritchThing

I am a big fan of the first Surge and so far, I am digging this trophy list. At casual glance, it looks like a lot of the same stuff from the first but looks like there will be a fair number of bosses. That was the first game's major weakness--the lack of good bosses-so it's nice to see that Deck 13 may have potentially addressed that. 

Looking forward to platinuming this one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Look's fine maybe little bit grinding for 50 weapons and all gears. Can't wait loving the first one most underrated game ever. 

I loved the first one because it managed to take the Dark Souls formula and truly made it's own thing with it, rather than just copy-pasting the 'hard game is hard' formula then calling it a day. How you collect armor and weapons was really well done and engaging. The game was far from perfect but I am eager to see how well they may have improved it for round 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Missable trophies?

Only missable it seems is the Drone modules. Some are tied to side missions

I've backed my save before entering NG+ and scouring every inch. Problem is some enemies drop them too and I can't tell which ones to kills specifically and which body part to cut to get it.

This is gonna be a while to figure out. Code vein is coming out too.....

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

I've backed my save before entering NG+ and scouring every inch. Problem is some enemies drop them too and I can't tell which ones to kills specifically and which body part to cut to get it.

Hey there rubhen! Thanks to your 100% platinum walkthrough I've achieved yesterday A Plague Tale: Innocence's platinum in a bit more than one day :D

Ok so I'll watch your walkthrough for The Surge 2 too!

Yeah, Borderlands 3, Greedfall, The Surge 2, Code Vein, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Grid... LOL

1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Hey there rubhen! Thanks to your 100% platinum walkthrough I've achieved yesterday A Plague Tale: Innocence's platinum in a bit more than one day :D

Ok so I'll watch your walkthrough for The Surge 2 too!

Yeah, Borderlands 3, Greedfall, The Surge 2, Code Vein, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Grid... LOL

Congrats! Awesome game that one. My surprise game for this year. But yea. Other than the drone modules nothing else is really missable. If I find them all, I will for sure make a guide. Cheers :)

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 10:10 AM, rubhen925 said:

Sigh~ Never mind.

Edited by Admiralvic

How do I go about getting the "Shocking" trophy? Seems easy enough but I've attacked multiple enemies with the EMP-44 yet didn't get the trophy.

EDIT: Finally got the trophy. You have to hit triangle once to fire it then triangle again to detonate it instead of waiting for it to explode like I was doing before. The enemy has to be in the "shocked" state for the trophy to pop so it might take a couple uses of the EMP-44 on one enemy.

Edited by Killbomb

On 24/9/2019 at 4:10 PM, rubhen925 said:

Even 

Spoiler

High Performance
Received a special reward from a boss

I think is about receiving the weapon from the boss P.A.X. which stands in front of the psycho butcher woman that gives you a side quest to give her a piece to repair her refrigerator... I killed P.A.X. by sending him drones from the console upstairs, instead I think he can give you his weapon if you deactivate him with the Drone you receive from the boss Little Johnny

is missable? Or not?

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm

You can find it on youtube.

In short: after certain events speak with Kyle Baxter in Cloud 9 bar and team up against cultists, when you reach Cathedral of the spark find him there, send for ambush once and do not send him second time, ask him to leave and meet at comic store.

If you send him for a mission second time you will only get his weapon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 2:39 PM, Hartgroove said:

You can find it on youtube.

In short: after certain events speak with Kyle Baxter in Cloud 9 bar and team up against cultists, when you reach Cathedral of the spark find him there, send for ambush once and do not send him second time, ask him to leave and meet at comic store.

If you send him for a mission second time you will only get his weapon.

You only get a notification for receiving the weapon when you complete the quest. The armor just appears in your inventory if you followed the steps correctly. FYI because this scared me for a second. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2019 at 4:42 AM, Mr_Marty84 said:

How much harder is NG+? I missed two drone modules and have to play to Ezra Shield who has the last module.

Harder but not too bad. You may not be able to speed through it and may have to farm material to further upgrade your gear past L10.

I had to play up to Captain Cervantes to get my last drone. Delver may be a bit of an issue, I found that boss the hardest on NG. I never bothered to learn how to parry correctly btw. 

I had to play NG+ to Ezra Shields as well and the worst thing was the end game enemies that split into two starting to pop up at the beginning of the game. Try to keep your gear at the same level as the enemies you're facing and it shouldn't be too difficult since you can usually run past the "splitter" enemies when they show up.

I had parrying down pretty well so I didn't have much trouble with Delver or the other bosses. Ezra Shields was a bit annoying since the part you need to cut off for the drone module had a ton of health. Just keep circling it and getting hits in when you can while avoiding Ezra himself. After you cut off the needed part, Ezra is not much harder than NG. I would not want to face the final boss on NG+...

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...