Trophy Thoughts?

BadRep24

Gotta wait for October 4th for it to arrive with Code Vein and then it's a sweet 9 day vacation for me. Glad it has a platinum and obviously I haven't read any of the trophies because I don't want any potential spoilers. It's from Ukichoshi, maker of Zero Escape, and a pseudo-visual novel/adventure game so it'll likely be very easy especially if someone ever makes a guide for it.

GOTY for me. Our review: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/ai-the-somnium-files-ps4-review/

spent about 50 hours to get the plat pre-launch with no guides or help. Majority of trophies are straight forward as you work through the game but some require you to think about the Somnium puzzles and experiment with the environment.

no missables due to the timeline you can use to jump back and forth in - also has a few fast skip modes for your second playthrough - as you’ll want to play normally and read/listen to everything the first time as the story is great and the narrative is the writers best game (guy behind Punch Line and the Zero Escape Games)

Edited by turniplord
Wasn’t meant to be a ‘reply’
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, turniplord said:

GOTY for me. Our review: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/ai-the-somnium-files-ps4-review/

spent about 50 hours to get the plat pre-launch with no guides or help. Majority of trophies are straight forward as you work through the game but some require you to think about the Somnium puzzles and experiment with the environment.

no missables due to the timeline you can use to jump back and forth in - also has a few fast skip modes for your second playthrough - as you’ll want to play normally and read/listen to everything the first time as the story is great and the narrative is the writers best game (guy behind Punch Line and the Zero Escape Games)

How well hidden are hidden items in the Somniums? Is there one (or multiple) in every Somnium?

6 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

How well hidden are hidden items in the Somniums? Is there one (or multiple) in every Somnium?

Spoiler

Each Somnium has one hidden item and you also get a collectible for completing the puzzle with time left remaining on the clock after doing the final action

They aren’t hidden that bad - the are big glowing eyeballs, so easy to spot in most cases. There are a bunch of trophies for viewing certain things within the Somnium segments. They require a bit more thought as they can involve performing a few actions in a certain order or looking out for things you wouldn’t usually look for - such as items to put on your head. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turniplord said:
  Hide contents

Each Somnium has one hidden item and you also get a collectible for completing the puzzle with time left remaining on the clock after doing the final action

They aren’t hidden that bad - the are big glowing eyeballs, so easy to spot in most cases. There are a bunch of trophies for viewing certain things within the Somnium segments. They require a bit more thought as they can involve performing a few actions in a certain order or looking out for things you wouldn’t usually look for - such as items to put on your head. 

I'll try to keep an eye out for them. I guess I already missed one from the second Somnium then, but I'll tinker around with the interactive stuff a bit more and see what unlocks what. Also, really loving this game so far. The writing, especially the humor, is fantastic. From the looks of all the promo art, I thought Date was gonna be a more stoic character. Turns out he's one of the funniest characters I've seen in a long time xD 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, turniplord said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is it easy to replay segments later or do you have to start a new game?

3 minutes ago, Einigkeit said:

Is it easy to replay segments later or do you have to start a new game?

You can back out to the timeline at any point and jump back into any point of the story. Each ‘day’ on the timeline has various points, such as when you visit different places or start each stage of interrogations - these are also all selectable so you can jump back to whatever point you want. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turniplord said:

You can back out to the timeline at any point and jump back into any point of the story. Each ‘day’ on the timeline has various points, such as when you visit different places or start each stage of interrogations - these are also all selectable so you can jump back to whatever point you want. 

Excellent, thanks!