Latest update - Level 50

LethalLuke1993

6 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

If you use a Glitch in the new update, yes. It took me 10 hours to reach level 50 with the Glitch. But you need atleast two people for it and you need to set it up first, which takes a while. So all in all I would say 15 hours of playtime on 3 evenings. 

I haven't seen anything about a glitch ?

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, LethalLuke1993 said:

Anyone know if the latest update has made the level 50 grind anymore tolerable? 

Has the update made getting XP easier or faster or more enjoyable? 

I just picked Red Dead Online up again after not playing much since the start of the beta (due to little substantial content imo) and I have found it to be much more enjoyable, even as a solo player. Of course, I am strictly talking about the new Free Roam roles that you can play through as I find the PvP to be somewhat of a slog to play. If you still find that RDO is still boring to play after this update I would suggest splitting up the level 50 grind by leveling 2-3 times per week as I feel that helps me stick with it. While this may not be the most efficient method by any means, it still allows me to have fun with the game and not have it feel like too much of a grind. In short I would say that there are simply more avenues now to accrue XP, and depending on the type of player you are you will enjoy these new avenues or you will still find it to be a slog. Hopefully this helps!

Edited by TB1317
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, TB1317 said:

I just picked Red Dead Online up again after not playing much since the start of the beta (due to little substantial content imo) and I have found it to be much more enjoyable, even as a solo player. Of course, I am strictly talking about the new Free Roam roles that you can play through as I find the PvP to be somewhat of a slog to play. If you still find that RDO is still boring to play after this update I would suggest splitting up the level 50 grind by leveling 2-3 times per week as I feel that helps me stick with it. While this may not be the most efficient method by any means, it still allows me to have fun with the game and not have it feel like too much of a grind. In short I would say that there are simply more avenues now to accrue XP, and depending on the type of player you are you will enjoy these new avenues or you will still find it to be a slog. Hopefully this helps!

I cannot agree more. I earned level 30 at beta, and stopped because it was painful. Right now you can log in daily, do daily quests for quick xp, do some classes stuff for quick xp and repeat. Free roam is less toxic that was before, and versus modes still aren't painfully imbalanced, so even as a seasonal player I can win from time to time. Give it a try!

• Like 2

It's definitely user preference, but I would say yes. There are more activities to do with the new role system and XP is much easier to come by. If you like just going around killing people, pick bounty hunter. If you do a lot of hunting, pick trader, Like following collectible videos, pick collector. You are not limited to one role either, so I recommend unlocking all 3 (if you have the gold). It's going to be a grind no matter what, but it's in a better spot than launch for sure.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 7:43 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

If you use a Glitch in the new update, yes. It took me 10 hours to reach level 50 with the Glitch. But you need atleast two people for it and you need to set it up first, which takes a while. So all in all I would say 15 hours of playtime on 3 evenings. 

Are you taking about the “kill them every last one” mission glitch? Does that still work? I am only level 13 but have most of the trophies now except for crafting and horse stables, and belt buckles. It would be great if that still works.

Edited by Stevieboy

Personally I have found it much easier now then before... and it's due to the trader role. Don't wait till you have a full wagon of goods, just sell it everytime you get back to your camp and keep resupplying on your way back by picking up another carcass. THIS IS QUICK EASY XP

The downside.... Rockstar STILL has not fixed the camps... they are such a @#$%^ pain in the ass.

Cripps will pack up anytime he feels like or your camp will just up and disappear. The only fix I have found is to quite and hope to come back where you can place your camp in the first couple tries.... not 10

Edited by craig_obviously
added a thought

On 18.09.2019 at 9:43 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

What is this method?

Can you tell?

• 4 weeks later...

I played RDR2 online yesterday after about 7 months, and I got to say, the Online seems like a lot more fun! Not only that, I used an exploit to level 50 (Get on Roof in St Denis, and kill police officers climbing up a ladder). It was boring as hell, but now with Collector, Bounty, and Trading XP, reaching level 50 should not be as boring as it was when the Online Beta opened! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eshaal said:

I played RDR2 online yesterday after about 7 months, and I got to say, the Online seems like a lot more fun! Not only that, I used an exploit to level 50 (Get on Roof in St Denis, and kill police officers climbing up a ladder). It was boring as hell, but now with Collector, Bounty, and Trading XP, reaching level 50 should not be as boring as it was when the Online Beta opened! 

I agree. I've been playing the mp for the past few days after not touching the game in months and it's a completely different experience now and I'm actually having fun with it. I haven't been griefed once, in fact I rarely even encounter other players. I get to do my own thing in peace so it's almost like I'm just playing the single player rather than mp. I've mostly been doing the roles (mainly bounty hunter and collector) which are fun and a nice way to earn some money and xp. I was level 16 when I started playing and I'm now level 22 and I've hardly done anything intensive in that time to rank up, it has all come naturally while enjoying my time. I'm going to enjoy my time to level 50 and dare I say it, I may even continue playing every now and again once I'm finished the mp for trophies sake.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

for the next week, doing missions will yield 1.5 times the amount of xp.

i'm pretty much on course in getting rank 50 soon, i already went up 5 ranks thanks to this scheme today doing various things. i actually enjoy this online.

my only gripe is money and gold. other than daily challenges and collector, what other ways can one make money? rank 31 so far and only got 1k in the bank and 15 golds. moonshiner requires 25 gold, urgh

21 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i'm pretty much on course in getting rank 50 soon, i already went up 5 ranks thanks to this scheme today doing various things. i actually enjoy this online.

my only gripe is money and gold. other than daily challenges and collector, what other ways can one make money? rank 31 so far and only got 1k in the bank and 15 golds. moonshiner requires 25 gold, urgh

For gold the best way is doing daily objectives, after 2 weeks your gold multiplier goes up 2x, a month gives you 2.5x and a treasure map. For money collector role still the best, since you're logging in everyday for daily objectives, open an online map for online collectibles and stick only with the coins, they are the most expensive collectible, the whole set can be sold for 550$, and you can get them all in 30mins. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

Jump into any fishing challenges that appear and make sure you have the special spinner. You should finish top 5 get .24 gold & $25.

Fishing is great in general for money. Play the Takeover Series to earn gold & cash, they're easy and you can earn decent amount.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

What’s the current fastest way to get xp? 1f914.png I have all the MP trophies other than rank 50 and this one is such slow going 

Do the jobs (Collector, Moonshiner etc). I’ve levelled up from 64 to 128 in a few weeks doing them and I don’t play heaps. So getting to 50 should be a few days if that.

• Like 1