FYI Warning about the DLC Trophies

KTILLA23

FYI If anyone is reading and wants to get the online and dlc trophies i would highly recommend starting this game sooner then later because i think once Doom Eternal comes out this one will go completely dead. Two of the dlc trophies (Computing with Style and Beauty is Pain) requires you to get to level  Echelon 8 or 10 (You have to get to level 50 8 or 10 times) depending if you can do the challenges or not.   This is a long grind and will take about 40-50 hours depending how well you do. I feel once in late November Eternal is out these two will be very hard to get or you would need 6 dedicated boosting partners. As i said if you want to get 100 % trophies on this START IT NOW, but if you just want to do the base game and only want the Platinum all you have to do is win a match (Can be team) and level up to level 5 which can be done in one or two matches and could be quickly boosted if needed.

This is a warning more if you are thinking about started this and intend to get 100 % trophies, you can still find matches pretty easily but there are times where i have a hard time finding people already mostly in the mornings and almost got worried that it was dead already. Lucky there still is a small but dedicated player base that are still playing matches in the afternoons and evenings. You really don't have to be that great at the game either to get xp so don't worry if you are bad at fps games you get xp from just playing in matches or getting a few kills the grind would be longer but still double The dlc trophies are still very obtainable without boosting for now but be ready to grind for Cyber-Demonic armor for a least 40 hours, more if you aren't great at fps games.

Edited by KTILLA23

I'd like to add that they upped the amount of XP you generally receive, to the point where you end up leveling twice almost every match. So you can get through an entire Echelon in about 4 hours of gameplay being decent at the game.

Just go for the challenges for XP rewards, and put on the rune called "bounty" to give you an xp boost and it shouldn't take that long.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Shinobi
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

I'd like to add that they upped the amount of XP you generally receive, to the point where you end up leveling twice almost every match. So you can get through an entire Echelon in about 4 hours of gameplay being decent at the game.

Just go for the challenges for XP rewards, and put on the rune called "bounty" to give you an xp boost and it shouldn't take that long.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the info. Going to start on the multiplayer sometime soon. Already have the plat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shinobi said:

Good luck everyone!

This^

And try and rotate loadouts if you can.

Edited by flashpool23
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Thanks for the tip but I heard it's better to start single player first because of some trophies. Is that true? I might have to go all in with doom these couple months and do both single player and multiplayer grind

What trophies did you see that about? I did this plat a few months back and multiplayer did not seem to rely on single player for me. Neither did Snapmaps as they're all their own modes. Only thing you need to be aware of to avoid glitches is avoiding arcade mode if you haven't completed the campaign yet as it glitches your runes. So just leave arcade for last if you want to do that dlc.

I haven't touched the game yet, but from what i read starting the DLCs now do you mean playing this legit ? and if so doesn't it mean it will take me a long time to level up since playing legit for mediocre mp gamers won't be easy, i mean boosting this might go faster and i don't think i or we won't find 6 dedicated boosters  

8 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

What trophies did you see that about? I did this plat a few months back and multiplayer did not seem to rely on single player for me. Neither did Snapmaps as they're all their own modes. Only thing you need to be aware of to avoid glitches is avoiding arcade mode if you haven't completed the campaign yet as it glitches your runes. So just leave arcade for last if you want to do that dlc.

It was probably something about the runes which you also said are glitchy. Thanks for the info I'll avoid arcade mode then

Well i did arcade mode first then online then i'm going to do the single player stuff after i get the last 2 dlc trophies. Will the single player be glitchy then because i did this? 

I haven't had any problems so far with anything being glitchy. And yes it's highly recommended once you unlock the " bounty" rune to use it, i believe it unlocks at levels 37-43 it will make the grind a little quicker. @evs_castro I believe for none team match 4 are required but i haven't found any matches in none team modes, besides a least for right now team mode give s you a lot more xp and if you aren't good at the game you will be getting xp regardless that way so it's much quicker  

And yes @Great_MazingerZ this warning is for if you want to do the dlc without going out the way to have a boosting group. This game is hard to boost right now because there still is randoms that will pop in and none of the trophies can be done in a private match. And it might be hard to coordinate that many people to boost for 40 hours. Plus as for right now a least there still is matches going and in team you get xp for doing anything even just standing around you don't have to be good at the game at all to get some xp. 

Edited by KTILLA23
  • Like 2

Head up to anybody going for this.  Once you hit Echelon 8, you will need to go for challenges to get your last piece of armour.  The easiest requirement in my opinion (and the one I used), Is the challenge to:

Kill the MVP 3 times in a game, X5.  

Seems like you can only get credit for MVP kills once per game, so its 5 games in which you kill the opposing team MVP 3 times.

The other requirements are

Get 15 critical chain medals: (????? I assume its multiple kills with critical hits).

Get 1 Massacre medal (This seems to be 15 kills in one life streak).

5 Hard to Kill commendations (I think this is so many kills on low health?)

Again, these requirements only unlock once you hit Echelon 8, so don't even bother going for them bore that point because they won't count.

Also, the alternative is to play all the way through to Echelon 10 and you will unlock them that way.

• Like 1

I got all the dlc done yesterday. It took me about 20-25 hours of playing online 3 days in real time. It went pretty quick and ended up always having matches available. So this can still be done in a timely matter as of right now. I ended up leveling until i got Echelon 8 and went for the Kill the MVP 3 times in a game in 5 matches. This imo is the easiest challenge but still a least for me came down to a lot of luck it took me about another 2 hours of trying to do it. If you can't any of the challenges you can wait until you are Echelon 10 but that would add about another 8+ hours depending how fast you are gaining xp.

Some other tips always vote for Warpath or Domination when it comes up. I feel these modes are by far the easiest and quickest ways to get xp. You can get a pretty good amount from just going to the zone and not even needing to have kill anyone. And this is always a very easy way to get the gold medal trophy if you are not good at the game. The worst modes for xp game i would try to avoid although hard to sometimes because there isn't many lobbies are Freeze Tag, Clan Arena, and Infernal Run. These modes can be fun but are awful for xp gain or if you are awful at fps games. Some match i only got 200-300 xp with these modes so i would advise avoiding them if possible but sadly sometimes the game forces your lobby to play it. Try to vote for one of the other modes if you can, because a lot a times most players don't bother voting so one vote even in a big lobby can make a huge difference and save a lot of time.

As for all the Demon/Monster trophies, Soul Harvest is by far the best way to get these trophies because it's the only modes where there is a Demon/Monster spawn the whole time . I would recommend if someones is a monster on your team to follow them until they die then rush to get it then try to kill anything in your way until you die then repeat. I got each monster done within a couple matches doing this. This is also an ok to good mode for xp if you are decent at fps games, but not so great if you can't get any kills. 

Anyways that's about it the dlc is easy to do as of right now and can be done in 20 hours if you are good or about 30 if you aren't great and get bad rng with modes or small lobbies. As i said do this as soon as you can before Doom Eternal comes out in late November because there were times where i couldn't find a lobby even now. But as long as you play at peak times like the weekend or evenings you will still find full lobbies. I hope this post can help anyone that wants to go for the dlc mp trophies! 

• Like 1

I agree with OP, I did the 100% this summer, i never had a hard time to find matches, but the ones who where playing where hardcore Doom players so im guessing they will do the switch asap in november. Tho, no pressure, it would be easily boostable afterwards but imo you will miss all the fun of this game if you just boost everything.

2 hours ago, SKyZoX9 said:

I agree with OP, I did the 100% this summer, i never had a hard time to find matches, but the ones who where playing where hardcore Doom players so im guessing they will do the switch asap in november. Tho, no pressure, it would be easily boostable afterwards but imo you will miss all the fun of this game if you just boost everything.

Yes for sure. But it might be hard to get a team of 4 people to boost for 20+ hours as well. And like you said it's actually a lot more fun and easier to do it now then going out the way to boost it.

I would also avoid the Team Deathmatch lobby unless you cannot find a game in the team lobby.  I found most of the hardcore Doom players in there insufferable to play against.  As an EU player, I would offen jump onto the US server if there were no games available.  Even with a connection disadvantage, you can score pretty well in Warpath, Domination and Sector just by focusing on captures.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 10:22 AM, Killbomb said:

Server shutdown could certainly be a possibility especially after Eternal releases in March. 

Damn, but the game is not old, 2016 is a recent year, let's hope not anyways i am working on the mp trophies since last week 

There is a possibility that they could close the servers, but I don't see why they would. DOOM Eternal doesn't have any multiplayer outside of the 2v1 invasions mode. This is widely publicized by now. https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/why-doom-eternal-is-ditching-traditional-multiplayer-in-favor-of-a-custom-mode-starring-the-slayer/ As a result, I don't think the servers will become any more dead for any reason but the gradual decay in all MP fan bases. The player count was already low throughout my various achievement runs, but I can imagine that DOOM MP fanatics will continue to enjoy it, even more so to an extent considering Eternal won't have "traditional" MP. 

As an aside, DOOM is my 3rd favourite game of the entire generation (mainly for SP, MP was average) so I clearly think its incredible. However, the 6.66 update was both SO unfair to new players. I was very fortunate that I did the DLC as and when it came out, where the requirements were so much easier and soooo much quicker (like insanely so), so 6.66 never affected me.  Ignoring the fact the devs decided to reset EVERYONE 0, the impact on achievements/trophies was crazy. For context, each DLC took me 1 - 1.5 hours each on launch, so say averaging the  3 - 4.5 hours total. That is a night's work, with me being terrible at the DOOM MP. Since 6.66, the DLC would likely take 40+ hours (anyone?) because items which would unlock instantly for DLC owners before now require insane level requirements. For example, all I needed to do for "Computing with Style" originally was to simply equip the armour in the menu. That was it. Now, you have to get Level 50 7-8 times? Madness. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

15 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

However, the 6.66 update was both SO unfair to new players. I was very fortunate that I did the DLC as and when it came out, where the requirements were so much easier and soooo much quicker (like insanely so), so 6.66 never affected me.  Ignoring the fact the devs decided to reset EVERYONE 0, the impact on achievements/trophies was crazy. For context, each DLC took me 1 - 1.5 hours each on launch, so say averaging the  3 - 4.5 hours total. That is a night's work, with me being terrible at the DOOM MP. Since 6.66, the DLC would likely take 40+ hours (anyone?) because items which would unlock instantly for DLC owners before now require insane level requirements. For example, all I needed to do for "Computing with Style" originally was to simply equip the armour in the menu. That was it. Now, you have to get Level 50 7-8 times? Madness.

It's definitely longer, but I don't know about 40+ hours long. I started last month and it took me less than 14 hours of online play to earn 100% of the online trophies never having played before the 6.66 update. Levelling is insanely quick; I was literally leveling up 5-6 times per match.

• 2 months later...

I knocked out all the multiplayer stuff before going to do the main campaign, specifically due to Doom Eternal being on the way and concern over server shutdowns or difficulty finding matches. This is after the 6.66 update (I had picked at it when the game came out, got to level 10ish, then didn’t have my PS4 for a while so forgot everything anyway), but I still didn’t find it too terrible of a grind. Playing off and on over the course of a month with YouTube to keep me company, generally around 4-6 matches a day, I got them all done. Could probably have done it considerably faster if I’d just zeroed in on it.

I’d say it’s closer to around 20 hours worth than 40, with all current patches. But just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Imho, the multiplayer won't die cause Eternal will not feature the classic MP modes that this game has. Three and a half years and i can still find full lobbies on US and EU servers on weekends.

If you can't (or don't want to) find enough random players to start a match, a group of 4 people is enough to boost all trophies and using the Sector method you can get the Cyber-Demonic armor piece in no time.

Edited by evs_castro
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 6:30 AM, evs_castro said:

Imho, the multiplayer won't die cause Eternal will not feature the classic MP modes that this game has. Three and a half years and i can still find full lobbies on US and EU servers on weekends.

If you can't (or don't want to) find enough random players to start a match, a group of 4 people is enough to boost all trophies and using the Sector method you can get the Cyber-Demonic armor piece in no time.

Hopefully I'm not mistaken here but I think there is still going to be a classic MP mode in Doom Eternal although it isn't going to be the main focus. The main focus seems to be on this mode:

I think you're right though, this mode doesn't look like it will kill the MP on Doom 2016. However I would definitely expect a few trophies to be involved with this mode and possibly some future DLC trophies as they mention free maps and demons to be added post launch.

I did all the Doom 2016 DLC stuff recently so for anyone looking to make a start on it, I say go for it. It's a bit of a grind but you make progress by just playing it, no need to overthink or try to min/max it. In all honesty the MP is a total blast, I had a great time with it.

• Like 1