Online trophies available? or mods?

PatinumNumemon

I have seen that someone has earned the platinum for Absolution recently, which means they have also earned the online trophies. The problem is, all of their online trophies were earned on the 1st of September 2019. The online servers were closed over a year ago. I even tried logging in to contracts myself as of now and am only getting a message saying the servers are not available. Has a workaround been discovered? or is this game now susceptible to mods? I am not really the person to start accusing people before gathering enough facts, so does anyone else have an idea?

21 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The servers shut down in May 2018, so if they have trophy stamps for contracts after that time, not legit. I was going to report the person, but looks like someone beat me to it.

You are right about the server closure date, but when I checked the online trophies, the person is still listed as the most recent player. Maybe the recent achievers lists refresh at a certain hour?

10 minutes ago, Emina said:

Time for me to sign! Lol there is little to no chance of this ever happening, though it would be nice if it did. That would be one less game in my list of "unobtainable" platinum trophies that I could finish. I am trying so hard to break my habit of procrastinating with online trophies, because it clearly has screwed me over a bunch of times. Maybe if there was a way to get the Better Business Bureau involved since they claimed this would only be temporary if I remember correctly.

Edited by PatinumNumemon

Take into account a lot of people earned the online trophies before the servers were closed so that they could earn the single player trophies later, that is why you'll notice people are still getting the platinum. To isolate these players from the cheaters just check the timestamps of the online trophies from this game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 10:33 PM, PatinumNumemon said:

Maybe if there was a way to get the Better Business Bureau involved since they claimed this would only be temporary if I remember correctly.

Honestly, exactly my thoughts...BBB were successful with Spilnter Cell Blacklist's online challenges. I assume there's a chance of them resolving this "temporary" issue.

9 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Honestly, exactly my thoughts...BBB were successful with Spilnter Cell Blacklist's online challenges. I assume there's a chance of them resolving this "temporary" issue.

Do you know the BBB actually got involved? With Splinter Cell, it was never announced...so maybe someone could say something....but Hitman was announced well in advance, so this isn't a temporary issue. It's a schedule shutdown. 

54 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Do you know the BBB actually got involved? With Splinter Cell, it was never announced...so maybe someone could say something....but Hitman was announced well in advance, so this isn't a temporary issue. It's a schedule shutdown. 

I believe there was a screenshot of a BBB email response that shows their direct involvement. It's in one of the SPB threads posted by the person who contacted them.

While it's true that IO announced the shutdown, they clearly stated that it's temporary and that the team is trying to resolve the EULA issue...well..."trying to resolve" it.

On 9/18/2019 at 1:23 AM, Emina said:

I wish you the best of luck.  I started playing this game when I bought it new in 2012 and already completed all of the online trophies back then to avoid a server shutdown, which, based on the comments in this thread, occurred in May 2018.  Although I completed all of the online trophies, I will sign your petition in hopes of bringing it back.  I remember having a lot of fun with it and genuinely playing hours of it even after I collected all the trophies.  

• Like 2

This one has annoyed me quite a bit. I followed a trophy guide that didnt list Self Improvement as an online trophy. I got everyone that was listed with Online Required then when I was scrolling through on the 1st of June it said it was unobtainable too. Raging to say the least but oh well, win some and lose some.

On 18/9/2019 at 1:23 AM, Emina said:

I'm not sure if this website is even legal, I've read lot of comments about it, besides it always says 1470 signers.

We should write on Hitman Forums, the developers are there, Travis and Clemenes and they read to us.

I wrote there many times and they keep saying that they're trying to fix it but it's out of their hands, but it still being temporal.

If we all join and request them right from their forums, maybe they'll do something.

If someone's interested please just quote me and I'll copy the thread link.

Edited by Harim_Abed
Grammar
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, Ghanupher said:

It would be nice to have these servers back online, more so since it was supposed to be a temporal thing.

I bought two copies of the game, both of them after the servers "shut down". Lucky me!

I'll see if I can sign the petition. You never know...

Bro... You know the IOI Forum link?

You can post there, there are about 3 posts about this, and most important is that Clemens and Travis can read us...

If we all join to ask this I'm sure they're going to do something, but we don't join forces...

Edited by Harim_Abed

FYI - I signed the petition and it looks like it counted my vote.  Although I'm not sure something like this will make any difference at all since it comes down to putting money into an old game to help meet the new European Data Protection Privacy Law that took effect on May 25, 2018.

#hitmanabsolutionisadamngoodgameandeveryoneshouldplayit