2013-2014 Premier League season

Skippy

Ok, so the new season is just around the corner. Which club do you support and what do you realistically expect them to achieve this season? 

Also discuss your clubs transfers so far and who you'd like your club to sign before the transfer window closes on the 2nd of September. 

In August I'm going to create a PSN Profiles fantasy league on the official premier league site so if you're interested let me know on here and we can have some friendly competition over the course of the season. It's easy to create a team, you get the chance to win some prizes and it's free. 

Fantasy League Competitors so far.

• David_skip
  • Nagflar
  • Gotakibono
  • Connman88
  • daniel_flavia
  • Graceful_Warrior
  • Mineshbkj
  • Che_DnB
Edited by Skippy

I'm in for that Fantasy League. I'm also a Manchester United supporter, and I'd be lying if I said it's been easy these past few months. The club's in a state of flux at the moment, and we've missed out on some big opportunities in terms of players this summer. In saying that, I'm giving Moyes time as he is following an impossible act. I expect us to be in and around the top, but we won't win the league. I do expect a good run in the cups, though, as Moyes will be desperate for whatever silverware he can get his hands on.

As for the Champion's League - not a hope in hell, unless vast improvements are made in midfield. A lot of great young players coming, through. 

• Like 2

I'm in for that Fantasy League. I'm also a Manchester United supporter, and I'd be lying if I said it's been easy these past few months. The club's in a state of flux at the moment, and we've missed out on some big opportunities in terms of players this summer. In saying that, I'm giving Moyes time as he is following an impossible act. I expect us to be in and around the top, but we won't win the league. I do expect a good run in the cups, though, as Moyes will be desperate for whatever silverware he can get his hands on.

As for the Champion's League - not a hope in hell, unless vast improvements are made in midfield. A lot of great young players coming, through. 

I think the Cups are a wild dream as well. The league will probably end up being Manchester City's, given they've got the players and, finally, a good manager, but Mourinho will never stop being Mourinho and he'll surely use the main squad on every Cup match in order to win them. I think the best we can hope for is for them to be in the top 4 and get to play better throughout the season.

I'm down for that fantasy league. Another united fan (also support Wigan hopefully they'll get promoted again). I think we will finish second in the league, at a push. Maybe if we can get some good players like Ronaldo, Fellani, Baines or Fabregas. 

• Like 1

I support Liverpool and I would expect a top 4 finish this year. They just need to turn the draws into wins that what I felt held us back on the table last year. Transfers have been a bit quiet so far probably because they are in Aussie. Sad to see Reina go but I think Mingolet will be great this season.

• Like 1

Liverpool supporter here as well.. Would love a top four finish, but with a number of teams splashing cash(even arsenal..what?!) I don't think it will happen this year.. I just hope our young guns stick around to for the final product and don't get hasty and leave.. Give us two or so more seasons and the fruits of developing a young squad will start to pay off.

• Like 1

The transfer window is proving to be frustrating thus far and honestly I'm starting to wonder if Our new chief ex Ed Woodward knows what he's doing. Do you think they can pull of a deal for Fabregas or do you think their just wasting their time. They must be getting some encouragement from somewhere to continue to push for a deal!? Completely agree that we need to bring in Midfielders this summer as we are very strong in other areas. 

Liverpool supporter here as well.. Would love a top four finish, but with a number of teams splashing cash(even arsenal..what?!) I don't think it will happen this year.. I just hope our young guns stick around to for the final product and don't get hasty and leave.. Give us two or so more seasons and the fruits of developing a young squad will start to pay off.

I hope Lads like Raheem Stirling and Jordan Ibe stay! They are both having great preseasons!

I have been a Manchester United supporter for a long time now. I'm not quite sure if they will win the league again this season because both Chelsea and Manchester City are looking so damn strong right now. ManUtd will have to get players like Fabregas and maybe El Shaaraway? And they need to sell players like Nani and Valencia because they haven't been in good form lately and United can bring in some funds that way.

This is my top 10 prediction for this season-

1)Manchester City

2)Manchester United Or Chelsea

3)Manchester United Or Chelsea

4)Tottenham Hotspurs

5)Liverpool

6)Arsenal

7)Everton

8)Norwich

9)Crystal Palace

10)Fulham

I think between 2nd and 3rd place it will come to whether United make the right transfers and build a stronger team otherwise i would say Chelsea. Im almost 100% sure that Manchester City will win the title this season even though i absolutely hate them.

Liverpool supporter as well very happy with the signings we have made thus far hopefully Suarez sticks around and helps us achieve Champions league football. Even if he is a temperamental person I still feel he has so much to offer us on the field.

Since we miss out on Henrick ... If we could get Christian Erickson that would be another resolute signing.

• Like 1

The transfer window is proving to be frustrating thus far and honestly I'm starting to wonder if Our new chief ex Ed Woodward knows what he's doing. Do you think they can pull of a deal for Fabregas or do you think their just wasting their time. They must be getting some encouragement from somewhere to continue to push for a deal!? Completely agree that we need to bring in Midfielders this summer as we are very strong in other areas. 

I think the fact Barcelona are still entertaining offers makes me think they're willing to sell. How many times have we heard that a player "is not for sale," only for the said player to be sold the following week? Every player has a price, and Barcelona do need to recoup money from their Neymar transfer to put into some defenders. Fabregas will be thinking why Barcelona are still listening and thinking about offers for him, which might unsettle him into making the move. That being said, it's a very difficult transfer to pull off, but Moyes is giving it the best possible chance to happen. 

I'm just glad Moyes is aggressively pursuing a midfielder of such talent, even if the way he's going about the transfer is very un-united. Also, Liverpool have a great team, and I'm looking forward to them challenging for a top four spot again; a team as big as Liverpool should always be near the CL spots. 

• Like 1

I have been a Manchester United supporter for a long time now. I'm not quite sure if they will win the league again this season because both Chelsea and Manchester City are looking so damn strong right now. ManUtd will have to get players like Fabregas and maybe El Shaaraway? And they need to sell players like Nani and Valencia because they haven't been in good form lately and United can bring in some funds that way.

This is my top 10 prediction for this season-

1)Manchester City

2)Manchester United Or Chelsea

3)Manchester United Or Chelsea

4)Tottenham Hotspurs

5)Liverpool

6)Arsenal

7)Everton

8)Norwich

9)Crystal Palace

10)Fulham

I think between 2nd and 3rd place it will come to whether United make the right transfers and build a stronger team otherwise i would say Chelsea. Im almost 100% sure that Manchester City will win the title this season even though i absolutely hate them.

crystal palace will not finish that high, they will be in the bottom 3 for sure.

I am a ManU fan forever but am also a fan of Arsenal. As much as it pains me to say I do expect ManU to be in top four for sure this coming season but due to the inept decisions of Moyes so far I don't see them doing well outside of England in any european competition. Also I don't care how bad Moyes is desperate to keep hold of Rooney, let him go. All he is going to be is a distraction all year and plus Moyes and Rooney don't even have a good relationship before Moyes took over. 

As for Arsenal I see them taking 5th in the table. They are a very talented team and have a great bunch of players, but can not figure out for the life of me why they lack in the big games. I personally don't see Arsenal winning silverware until Wenger is out of there as manager.

Also as for the fantasy league you can count me in too.

Edited by Graceful_Warrior
  • Like 1

Arsenal are having the same problem as United as in they are trying to make moves in the transfer market but for whatever reason aren't being successful. I know they are in for Suarez but if Madrid come in for him I think they will miss out again.

The top two this season will be between United and Chelsea. I know City have brought in four players and spent over 90 million with the players they have brought in I'm not too convinced and none of them I'd consider to be a marquee signing. Say what you want about Tevez but he was a proven Premiership goalscorer and match winner so they have lost that and will the two strikers that have come in to replace him do any better? I'm not too sure....

Who thinks Rooney will be at United this season? If he leaves where do you think he'll end up and why?

Six for the fantasy league so far. Hopefully get some more players before the start of the new season. Remember if you want to join in just mention it on here and I'll send you the link when the league has been made.

I am a Man Utd fan as well (sorry) and I do believe they can win the title again this season because they have the experience and players to do so.

Man City are spending a hell of a lot of money on players that have really only proven themselves in a different style of football and personally are no better than there players of last season. Chelsea also haven't really strengthened their assets as well as they could either.

Great to see Arsenal putting some cash on the table for a change, hope they do well from it. Liverpool will flounder this season because Suarez will definitely be leaving if the bid comes in.

All that being said I will go Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal for the top 4 spots.