2013-2014 Premier League season

Skippy

Rumours suggest that Carlo Ancelotti could be the next manager at United, whoever it will be next in charge won't be a quick fix.

United will be playing in the Europa League next season and what sort of player wants to play for a club who is not in the champions league? as a consequence attracting top players will be difficult.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-ancelotti-joins-van-gaal-011905106--sow.html

Edited by heath_577

It'll be Van Der Gaal. There's no way Diego, Carlo or Klopp will come to united as things stand were they are. Shame about Moyes, I still think they should have given him a year. Liverpool last year wanted Rodgers out, now he's their God. Shows just how fickle fans can be.

Rumours suggest that Carlo Ancelotti could be the next manager at United, whoever it will be next in charge won't be a quick fix.

United will be playing in the Europa League next season and what sort of player wants to play for a club who is not in the champions league? as a consequence attracting top players will be difficult.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-ancelotti-joins-van-gaal-011905106--sow.html

That reminds me of how Hazard stated he wanted to play for the "best club in Europe", so he decided to join Chelsea since they had just won (thanks to luck) the Champions League, only for the team to suck so hard it ended up playing at the Europa League.

It'll be Van Der Gaal. There's no way Diego, Carlo or Klopp will come to united as things stand were they are. Shame about Moyes, I still think they should have given him a year. Liverpool last year wanted Rodgers out, now he's their God. Shows just how fickle fans can be.

But Rodgers didn't have results as disastrous as Moyes did. Moyes had a team that had just won the league last year, so regardless of how old some of the players were or how good Ferguson was, he had more than enough to fight fr a top-four finish. There's also how he got a few new players, including Mata who is skilled as hell, and he missplaced them. Everytime he won, he'd reuse that squad hoping it'd work, then they'd lose and he'd go back to experimenting, and that's something a good coach wouldn't really do.

That reminds me of how Hazard stated he wanted to play for the "best club in Europe", so he decided to join Chelsea since they had just won (thanks to luck) the Champions League, only for the team to suck so hard it ended up playing at the Europa League.

But Rodgers didn't have results as disastrous as Moyes did. Moyes had a team that had just won the league last year, so regardless of how old some of the players were or how good Ferguson was, he had more than enough to fight fr a top-four finish. There's also how he got a few new players, including Mata who is skilled as hell, and he missplaced them. Everytime he won, he'd reuse that squad hoping it'd work, then they'd lose and he'd go back to experimenting, and that's something a good coach wouldn't really do.

You can't compare this season t last though. Moyes inherited an ageing squad, the back four and in midfield and it showed last season despite them winnning the league (they played terribly last season). This season is different. Mourinho came back making Chelsea a force, Suaraz and sturridge are n fire, Man City were always going to be difficult (as there were last year) and Arsene has had eneugh experience to know how to make a top finish. Tottenham bought  alt of slid players in the summer and Robert Martinez is a slid coach with solid players (he did meet man city in the fa final with wigan after all). It hasn't been this close a aseasn (at the to and at the bottom) in years. Even mid to bottom clubs like Southampton, Crystal Palace have shwn they can contend with the big leagues.

Any a manger would have struggled with this current team, which is why man u fans hoping for a quick fix after this season, will  be really dissapointed. 

Edit: And it depends on what yu define as a disastrous. Because Man U fans (and Barca) fans are s used t winning, nt getting a trophy in any season is disatratous. Chelsea and Liverpool (despite being in Man U current position over the last few years) status would not be viewed as such.

Edited by XShadowYakuzaX

If you read the thread since its conception, you would see how none of us thought Manchester would win anything except maybe a cup exactly because it was a new season and it is an aging squad (something it has been for well over 3 years now, so it's not really that good an excuse to use), and here we are, 10+ months later, being proven right: the team didn't win shit. However, none of us expected it to play so badly. Moyes did an astonishing job at sucking. Some of his formations were downright moronic, and he never seemed to even strategize mid-match. His decisions were idiotic and his preference for specific players during specific matches also lead to disaster, so to try to get some of the hate off his back is being more than irrealistic, for the guy clearly showed he lacked skills for the job.

Bandwagoner Barcelona fans are used to them winning, whereas long-time Barcelona fans are used to watching Real Madrid winning. We're talking about a team that had a golden opportunity during 4-5 years and took it, semi-dominating everything during that time, all after having average seasons during the end of the last century and the beginning of this one (although they did have some golden years in the early 90s as well). Contrast with England where Manchester United has won a trophy every year but 2 or 3 since the mid-90's and has pretty much dominated the whole league on its own, having 3-4 challengeres during that time and still coming on top most of the time.

Chelsea is also used to winning shit every year, even if it's just a local cup. Not sure where you got that crazy idea about them being used to not winning from, even more so with how many managers Abramovic has sacked because the team wasn't winning something during a season. If anything, that'd be Arsenal.

Edited by Nagflar

• 2 weeks later...

Carlo Ancelotti reportedly rejected an offer from Manchester United to make him the highest paid manager of all time.

The Real Madrid boss snubbed the chance to take over from David Moyes, according to El Confidencial, because he was ‘happy’ at the Bernabeu.

The report claims United were willing to offer the former Chelsea manager €18m per year (£14.8m), which would eclipse the €17m that Pep Guardiola currently pockets at Bayern Munich.

However, with Ancelotti on the verge of landing a historic 10th European champions crown with Madrid, the Italian allegedly passed up the approach, which seemingly paves the way for Louis van Gaal to step in.

Ancelotti claimed the league and FA Cup double during his first season at Chelsea, but left Stamford Bridge after a trophyless second year. He then went on to lift the French title in 2013 with PSG.

Source : Metro.co.uk

Seeing how well Real Madrid has played this season (even though it had a kind of troubled start at the league), I'm not surprised at all Ancelotti turned down the offer. Heck, I can't think of anyone being surprised about it.

To be honest, I would prefer seeing Giggs as manager for the first few games next season or maybe even the whole season. I like the fact that he played some of the younger players against Hull City and look at the result, plus he's playing Kagawa a lot too, which I really wanted to happen. We wont be in the Europa league or Champions league next season so we have got nothing to lose :P I hope the board doesn't rush into a decision in appointing the next manager.

I don't think Manchester United will be in a hurry for another manager quite yet but giving David Moyes a 6 year contract was very naive for a manager that had no European experience whatsoever.

But we all know Alex Ferguson wanted Moyes at the helm and it failed miserably, so I don't think the board will listening to him again when it comes to a new successor.

Edited by heath_577

I don't think Manchester United will be in a hurry for another manager quite yet but giving David Moyes a 6 year contract was very naive for a manager that had no European experience whatsoever.

But we all know Alex Ferguson wanted Moyes at the helm and it failed miserably, so I don't think the board will listening to him again what it comes to a new successor.

The Board has already stated that Alex Ferguson will play a key part in appointing the next manager.

In all honesty is that such a good idea? The only reason why Moyes got the job was because he was a fellow Scotsman like Ferguson.

Whoever it will be it will be hard attracting players because of not playing in Europe and it will be hard to see if United can improve on their form and current league position in the next season?

Edited by heath_577

In all honesty is that such a good idea? The only reason why Moyes got the job was because he was a fellow Scotsman like Ferguson.

Whoever it will be it will be hard attracting players because of not playing in Europe and it will be hard to see if United can improve on their form and current league position in the next season?

This is pretty much why I want Giggs as manager. It will be very hard to get new players, Giggs along with the senior players can get the youngsters in the team and give them a chance. If they perform well like Januzaj did this season, United will have a young team with lots of potential. I don't expect them to win the league next season. I just want them to finish in the top 4. If a guy like Luis Van Gaal comes to United, he will definitely give the youngsters an opportunity to shine, but he will also try to get rid of the senior players who don't fit in his team. I have a feeling that if he comes, Rooney will play a lot in mid-field.

Rooney is such a complete player I wouldn't really be bothered with him being at the midfield, even more so when you consider the team has a lot of strikers and hardly anyone in the midfield to control the team, distribute the ball and organize everything. He and Mata could pretty much do it on their own much better than Carrick and Fletcher in their whole lives.

Manchester City is 1 point away from League Title

Bad luck for Liverpool....

Kind of hard to blame it on 'bad luck' when they were dominating a match 0-3 and started letting their opponent play closer and closer to their goal.

Rooney is such a complete player I wouldn't really be bothered with him being at the midfield, even more so when you consider the team has a lot of strikers and hardly anyone in the midfield to control the team, distribute the ball and organize everything. He and Mata could pretty much do it on their own much better than Carrick and Fletcher in their whole lives.

You would not be bothered but Rooney would be pissed. That's the main reason why he came in conflict with Ferguson. But I have to agree, he does play pretty well in midfield. If Luis Van Gaal comes to Old Trafford, Van Persie will be the main striker for every match IMO. He might even make Van Persie the captain.

We cost ourselves the league title :( Oh well i'm still a proud Liverpool supporter and now we are back in the Champs league which is amazing in itself. I expect a complete reshuffle of our defence for next season and another title challenge as well.

You would not be bothered but Rooney would be pissed. That's the main reason why he came in conflict with Ferguson. But I have to agree, he does play pretty well in midfield. If Luis Van Gaal comes to Old Trafford, Van Persie will be the main striker for every match IMO. He might even make Van Persie the captain.

You're right, but that's nothing a few constant trips to a psychologist wouldn't (hopefully) fix :P . I'd rather have him than Van Persie up-front, though, since he's better when it comes to team-play (even though Robin's great at it, too).

Van Gaal will have Robin as his main forward for sure, so I guess that means goodbye Javier Hernandez, which would be a big shame given how effective he was when he was in-form and how reliable he became even when playing as a substitute. We can only hope that, if Van Gaal does get the job, he's objective, unlike others like Mourinho who constalty place those he likes above those he dislikes, even if they're better.

Liverpool deserved to win

We shouldn't get into the who 'deserves' what topic. He who wins wins, and that's about it, even if they do it with crappy football or foul play.

• Like 1