2013-2014 Premier League season

Skippy

So Chelsea have signed Eto today. Do you think this is a good signing?

Personally, I think he's still a good player but he's definitely not the player he once was and coming from the Russian league to the Prem league will be a shock to his system as the gap in quality between the two leagues is massive. 

This signing is a victory for United and a FU to Mourinho as they have obviously given up on signing Rooney. Moyes must take some credit here and he has handled every test that's been thrown at him so far and it looks for sure now that Rooney is going nowhere. 

Eto'o is surely still a top player, and if he has good players backing him up, he's bound to be deadly. Shame he won't be able to count on Mata's awesomeness and quality due to Mourinho's negligence.

And while you're right about Rooney (yay!!!!), I think the signing of Eto'o will give Chelsea that much needed extra edge at the other side of the field.

Shame for Torres, though. He's obviously not the best striker out there nowadays, but he's been rather good in the past few months. Hell, he scored a good goal today against Bayern, too.

Edited by Nagflar

So while Liverpool gets a new striker (Moses), Manchester City an experienced defender (Demichelis) and Arsenal a very creative and skilled playmaker (Özil), Manchester United gets.... Fellaini :| . Seriously, Moyes is really disappointing with his signings this year. I agree we need better defenders and that Fellaini isn't a bad choice, but 24 million? Whatever happened to signing someone in the midfield? The fuck, Moyes.

So while Liverpool gets a new striker (Moses), Manchester City an experienced defender (Demichelis) and Arsenal a very creative and skilled playmaker (Özil), Manchester United gets.... Fellaini :| . Seriously, Moyes is really disappointing with his signings this year. I agree we need better defenders and that Fellaini isn't a bad choice, but 24 million? Whatever happened to signing someone in the midfield? The fuck, Moyes.

I cannot believe Manchester United didn't bring in a creative midfielder. In the past 2 games against top 4 contenders they never even looked like scoring. They have plenty of attacking options but you need midfielders who can thread passes between defenders and unlock doors from impossible situations. Fellaini is a good signing but he won't unlock any doors. I'm actually pleased the window has closed now so we can concentrate with proceedings on the pitch and not off them.

We needed another Paul scholes don't think felly will fit in the squad, this is what I don't like about managers goin to a different club they always sign players from their old club.

Yeah, it happens very often, especially when they were at the previous club for quite a few years. I understand him taking a relatively good player that he knows and can trust, but the midfield's still a piece of crap, and that needs fixing much more than the defense.

up.png 1 Origin FC Adam Connelly 64 176 same.png 2 Ritron FC Matthew Black 49 164 up.png 3 The Lost and Damned Che Moore 46 155 new.png 4 Mucky Duck Mayhem Chris Reeve 48 154 down.png 5 Sin Miedo simon connelly 31 151 down.png 6 Galway Raiders Taidgh Malone 40 149 down.png 7 Skipsters United David Skip 34 140 same.png 8 Gotaki FC Nathan McGreal 57 136 down.png 9 Da Ghana Sauna Fever Nag Flar 36 128 same.png 10 Scoregasm minesh joshi 41 96 down.png 11 The Dark Angels II Iway Nugroho 27 80

:ninja:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe Manchester United didn't bring in a creative midfielder. In the past 2 games against top 4 contenders they never even looked like scoring. They have plenty of attacking options but you need midfielders who can thread passes between defenders and unlock doors from impossible situations. Fellaini is a good signing but he won't unlock any doors. I'm actually pleased the window has closed now so we can concentrate with proceedings on the pitch and not off them.

He does give us a lot of different options and I think at the end of the season most people will think it ended up being a good signing. Personally I'd like to see Januzai given a chance in the middle but I think Moyes will go with the older players instead. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Paul Pogba situation. 

• Like 1

I think Fellaini is a good (and a potentially brilliant) signing, and a stark improvement on the midfield. Think about it for a second: His being on the pitch alone frees up the other players to focus on their best traits; too often have our wingers and strikers had to trek back to fill the defensive hole in the middle. Fellaini fills that void, which subsequently creates space in the attack for Van Persie, Kagawa and others to thrive in.

Felliani wasn't a glamourous signing, but on a basic footballing level he is precisely what United need. All the hoopla about Fabregas and others this summer seem to have clouded fans' judgement; we were never going to get a lot of players we were linked with, particularly with such low offers. Maybe in January we'll see some more signings, but right now Felliani has addressed our most pressing need.

Besides, we have one of the best playmakers in the world in Kagawa. I'm looking forward to seeing Kagawa abusing the space created for him by Felliani. 

There, fixed it for you.

He will get a game soon; we're only three games in after all. However, if he isn't getting regular starts by November then for his sake I hope United just sell him. It really is such a waste of a fine player, and I hold him in such high regard that I'd rather just see him play, even if it's not for United.

He will get a game soon; we're only three games in after all. However, if he isn't getting regular starts by November then for his sake I hope United just sell him. It really is such a waste of a fine player, and I hold him in such high regard that I'd rather just see him play, even if it's not for United.

Yeah, but getting a game means crap at United nowadays. Even if he does get a game and ends up scoring 3 goals, he'll only appear sporadically, so it ends up just being a waste. I mean, just look at one of the guys who keep starting instead of him: Welbeck. Freaking. Danny. Welbeck. The kid is mediocre yet gets more minutes than Kagawa or, say, Javier.

I'd rather see him being sold as well. That's one of the reasons I agree to Özil leaving Madrid. Ancelotti didn't trust him (or something), so he was just going to be benched over and over. At least with Arsenal he'll play more.

#

Team

Manager

GW

TOT

up.png

The Lost and Damned

Che Moore

up.png

Galway Raiders

Taidgh Malone

down.png

Ritron FC

Matthew Black

down.png

Origin FC

Adam Connelly

same.png

Sin Miedo

simon connelly

down.png

Mucky Duck Mayhem

Chris Reeve

same.png

Skipsters United

David Skip

up.png

Da Ghana Sauna Fever

Nag Flar

down.png

Gotaki FC

Nathan McGreal

same.png

Scoregasm

minesh joshi

same.png

The Dark Angels II

Iway Nugroho

I've had to make a few changes after this week, not getting the sort of points i need to stay up near the top. Took felly out and schurrle, both players not proven for their clubs so it would be a bit of a risk to stay with them. Brought in some new players who will hopefully kick ass ;)

PS. yes i do not think Felly will do great things for man utd, he wont do incredibly bad either, he'll just exist in the team getting the odd goal now and again

I've had to make a few changes after this week, not getting the sort of points i need to stay up near the top. Took felly out and schurrle, both players not proven for their clubs so it would be a bit of a risk to stay with them. Brought in some new players who will hopefully kick ass ;)

PS. yes i do not think Felly will do great things for man utd, he wont do incredibly bad either, he'll just exist in the team getting the odd goal now and again

He actually looked really good against Bayern on Tuesday. In fairness he was actually being played out of position at Everton because his best position is holding midfield and because of that he gives us some really good options if Moyes needs to change a game and are looking for a goal, then he can push forward. 

He actually looked really good against Bayern on Tuesday. In fairness he was actually being played out of position at Everton because his best position is holding midfield and because of that he gives us some really good options if Moyes needs to change a game and are looking for a goal, then he can push forward. 

Just pointing out it's Bayer (Leverkusen). Bayern (Munich) would've kicked United's ass, most likely, even with Guardiola's moronic decisions.

Just pointing out it's Bayer (Leverkusen). Bayern (Munich) would've kicked United's ass, most likely, even with Guardiola's moronic decisions.

Not sure why I ended up adding an N at the end but yeah obviously I didn't mean Bayern Munich. It happens!

That first week in Fantasy Football continues to haunt me. My friend Taidgh really tore the league up this week! Also, Nagflar, well done, bud! :D What's everyone's predictions heading in to this weekend's matches?

I'm going to watch Chelsea v Fulham tomorrow and fingers cross they'll lose three in a row :) Not sure when that last happened. Also hoping Southampton and Stoke can take points of Liverpool and Arsenal.

The only Match that really matters this weekend though is the Manchester Derby. Obviously I want us to win and I think we will but seeing as we are away, a draw wouldn't be too bad a result. 

Actually, if you take the Bayern Munich game into account, then Chelsea have already lost three in a row :)

# Team Manager GW TOT up.png 1 The Lost and Damned Che Moore 62 217 up.png 2 Galway Raiders Taidgh Malone 71 216 down.png 3 Ritron FC Matthew Black 48 212 down.png 4 Origin FC Adam Connelly 31 207 same.png 5 Sin Miedo simon connelly 53 204 down.png 6 Mucky Duck Mayhem Chris Reeve 56 202 same.png 7 Skipsters United David Skip 61 197 up.png 8 Da Ghana Sauna Fever Nag Flar 68 196 down.png 9 Gotaki FC Nathan McGreal 58 186 same.png 10 Scoregasm minesh joshi 50 146 same.png 11 The Dark Angels II Iway Nugroho 46 126

Boom! Tight at the top though..

• Like 1

Not sure why I ended up adding an N at the end but yeah obviously I didn't mean Bayern Munich. It happens!

I'm going to watch Chelsea v Fulham tomorrow and fingers cross they'll lose three in a row :) Not sure when that last happened. Also hoping Southampton and Stoke can take points of Liverpool and Arsenal.

The only Match that really matters this weekend though is the Manchester Derby. Obviously I want us to win and I think we will but seeing as we are away, a draw wouldn't be too bad a result. 

Actually, if you take the Bayern Munich game into account, then Chelsea have already lost three in a row :)

Yeah, I know, it happens to everyone at some point haha. But still wanted to point it out :P .

And seeing how both Manchesters haven't really played fantastic so far, I think it'll be a draw.

That first week in Fantasy Football continues to haunt me. My friend Taidgh really tore the league up this week! Also, Nagflar, well done, bud! :D What's everyone's predictions heading in to this weekend's matches?

Thanks mate, but I'm still nowhere near the top >___>!

Here's hoping the Manchester Derby is a draw, Spurs lose, and Arsenal go top. It'll be nice to see them win it this year. Quite frankly I'd like to see any team that's not in Manchester win it this year but I just think it's high time Arsenal got something

Yeah, I know, it happens to everyone at some point haha. But still wanted to point it out :P .

And seeing how both Manchesters haven't really played fantastic so far, I think it'll be a draw.

Thanks mate, but I'm still nowhere near the top >___>!

Pretty sure he was giving you props for pointing out my error. Just thought I'd point this out.

Anyone else hear about Jesse Lingard today? United youth team player who has been loaned out to Birmingham for a month. Made his debut today and scored four goals. Brilliant! Scored some crackers in preseason as well.

Here's hoping the Manchester Derby is a draw, Spurs lose, and Arsenal go top. It'll be nice to see them win it this year. Quite frankly I'd like to see any team that's not in Manchester win it this year but I just think it's high time Arsenal got something

Arsenal are still short of a few players in key positions to win the title. They have some fantastic creative, goal scoring midfielders but lack a decent holding midfielder and they need at least one more decent CB and striker.