2013-2014 Premier League season

Skippy

22 day later and my  wish came true. His second goal yesterday was class. 

No kidding, quite the goal. At least it seems the team's doing something it used to do before: have young players on the pitch that do what the experienced ones don't and get us them 3 points in the process lol.

Rubbish week for pretty much everyone 

same.png 1 SC Timon timothy anane 35 393 same.png 2 Mucky Duck Mayhem Chris Reeve 46 390 up.png 3 Skipsters United David Skip 34 357 down.png 4 The Lost and Damned Che Moore 24 356 same.png 5 Origin FC Adam Connelly 52 351 same.png 6 Galway Raiders Taidgh Malone 42 339 same.png 7 Gotaki FC Nathan McGreal 30 327 same.png 8 Ritron FC Matthew Black 22 306 same.png 9 Da Ghana Sauna Fever Nag Flar 29 306 up.png 10 Scoregasm minesh joshi 45 305 down.png 11 Sin Miedo simon connelly 24 293 same.png 12 The Dark Angels II Iway Nugroho 42 261

• 2 weeks later...

Townsend signed a new contract with Tottenham the other day and Januzaj signed a new five year contract with United today. Both incredible talents!

Today's Fixtures 

•  

#

Team

Manager

GW

TOT

up.png

Mucky Duck Mayhem

Chris Reeve

down.png

SC Timon

timothy anane

same.png

Skipsters United

David Skip

same.png

The Lost and Damned

Che Moore

up.png

Galway Raiders

Taidgh Malone

down.png

Origin FC

Adam Connelly

same.png

Gotaki FC

Nathan McGreal

up.png

Sin Miedo

simon connelly

up.png

Scoregasm

minesh joshi

down.png

Da Ghana Sauna Fever

Nag Flar

down.png

Ritron FC

Matthew Black

same.png

The Dark Angels II

Iway Nugroho

Just want to draw attention to the greatest goal I've seen in a very long time. It's like they were playing Fifa or something

u17wRtC.gif

Thanks for GIFage of this! Was listening on the Radio (I'm such an old man - in my defence it was so I could play GTAV at the same time) and the commentators were going mad for this.. Now I see why!

It was a fantastic goal and all but look at the opposition. Norwich, aren't exactly the World's greatest team. I think out of all the clubs so far, Arsenal have had the easiest run of fixtures, it will be interesting to see if they can keep it going over the next couple of months.

• Like 1

Apart from Spurs, Arsenal have had a very easy fixture list, but they have Liverpool, Chelsea & United to come in the league as well as a trip to Dortmund in between, think this will show whether Arsenal are actually going to be possible title contenders or not. They looked fairly good last night against Dortmund despite the defeat but they still have a very average defence, all there talent is going forward.

Apart from Spurs, Arsenal have had a very easy fixture list, but they have Liverpool, Chelsea & United to come in the league as well as a trip to Dortmund in between, think this will show whether Arsenal are actually going to be possible title contenders or not. They looked fairly good last night against Dortmund despite the defeat but they still have a very average defence, all there talent is going forward.

Yeah, with United playing like they are right now (beating Real Sociedad, a team that's nowhere near their great form from last year, thanks to an own goal?), I don't think Arsenal will have a huge problem earning at least one point.

Yeah, with United playing like they are right now (beating Real Sociedad, a team that's nowhere near their great form from last year, thanks to an own goal?), I don't think Arsenal will have a huge problem earning at least one point.

I don't know if you watched that United game but the result does not do United's performance justice whatsoever. The scoreline could've easily been 5-1, and on any other day it would've been. I've not had many reasons to smile this season as a lifelong United fan, but every one across the board was great on Wednesday; Rooney and Kagawa in particular were fantastic. As I said before, United were very unlucky to not score 3 or 4 goals, and two clear-cut goals were blocked by some sterling Sociedad defending. 

If United can carry that performance into the league, then they'll most certainly start putting a run of wins together. United have the worst of their fixtures done, whereas the rest of the top four/five have to play each other. The league will start to come together towards December, then we'll get a clear picture of who will finish where. 

And that Arsenal goal last weekend was easily one of the best goals I've seen in a long time. 

I don't know if you watched that United game but the result does not do United's performance justice whatsoever. The scoreline could've easily been 5-1, and on any other day it would've been. I've not had many reasons to smile this season as a lifelong United fan, but every one across the board was great on Wednesday; Rooney and Kagawa in particular were fantastic. As I said before, United were very unlucky to not score 3 or 4 goals, and two clear-cut goals were blocked by some sterling Sociedad defending. 

If United can carry that performance into the league, then they'll most certainly start putting a run of wins together. United have the worst of their fixtures done, whereas the rest of the top four/five have to play each other. The league will start to come together towards December, then we'll get a clear picture of who will finish where. 

And that Arsenal goal last weekend was easily one of the best goals I've seen in a long time. 

I did, and I agree they played very well, but the end result is still the end result. Playing well hardly helps when you can't even score, and it won't help you win matches by itself (ask Barcelona). Whether they're playing beautifully or not, they need to score goals, since those dictate who wins or loses, not who plays better. One can just claim they were not lucky enough (or that the opposing goalkeeper was excellent, among other things), but that can't justify them creating so many chances and not being able to make something out of it.

Sunday 27th October 2013

Sunderland 2-1 Newcastle

Chelsea 2-1 Man City

Swansea 0-0 West Ham

Tottenham 1-0 Hull

Saturday 26th October 2013

Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal

Aston Villa 0-2 Everton

Liverpool 4-1 West Brom

Man Utd 3-2 Stoke

Norwich 0-0 Cardiff

Southampton 2-0 Fulham

Really poor defending by City at the end of the match. And Joe Hart conceding two goals isn't gonna be good for him considering the world cup is next year. I think that Chelsea deserved to win that match and Torres deserved a goal since he played so well. Hopefully he will continue scoring, he used to me one of my favourites strikers.

And great comeback by Manchester United against Stoke. Javier Hernandez playing a huge part again. My message to Moyes - Give Hernandez a place in the damn starting line up.

So Arsenal are still at the top, Its gonna be tough for them in the next few weeks with matches against Liverpool, Manchester United and an In form Southampton and Borussia Dortmund in between in the Champions league. Yeah November is gonna be very interesting.

image_zps95d7cda3.jpg

Would prefer a draw but could see Chelsea winning at home, probably 2-1.

Damn! You are good at predictions :o Edited by IntenseFAtE98
  • Like 1