Easiest platinum with <2% rarity?

Rebourne07

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 4:22 AM, Fleks_Mhteam said:

No it's not, just because subjectively you had an easier time with it doesn't make it an easy under 2% plat. the guide difficulty stands at 8/10 and different other sites have an average difficulty between 8 and 9 for the game. It's fine if you have a high opinion of your own skills but don't fool others into starting a game that may frustrate the heck out of them because they think it will be a walk in the park.

Look at his account. He has a shit ton of hard as nail games completed, including VVVVV which I hear can take 50 - 75+ hours depending on skill and it doesn't even have a fucking platinum.

He also gave Super Meat Boy an 8 out of 10 when I think it is very deserving of a 9.5 out of 10 at the very least. The Cotton Alley levels alone, especially playing them all without dying is enough to warrant that high of a difficulty rating.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, DarkSoleride said:

Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two on PS Vita if you have one.

I want to attempt this platinum but there is a trophy that requires you to play with someone else locally. I don't even know anybody else that owns a Vita, let alone somebody that lives close enough to me and would want to play an obscure 7 year old game for a trophy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I want to attempt this platinum but there is a trophy that requires you to play with someone else locally. I don't even know anybody else that owns a Vita, let alone somebody that lives close enough to me and would want to play an obscure 7 year old game for a trophy.

Yeah you need two PS Vita consoles and two copies of the game but if you play the PS3 version you only need one copy of the game and either two PS3 controllers or 1 PS3 controller and one PS4 controller (use can use a PS4 controller with PS3 via cable) up to you which one but both stacks are under 2% rarity 

• Like 1

According to PSN almost all games are ultra rare with less then 2% rarity so that means all games are super easy!

If you want an easy platinum there are plenty of games you can choose from, the rarity doesn't really matter there but if you are going for low percentage games look at the Plus offerings or something that takes a lot of time, they tend to be the deal breakers. Or well you could make a bunch of new accounts, pop one trophy and then sync it on profiles and nobody would be the wiser! ha!

I would recommend some good games though rather then based on rarity but... maybe like some of the Worms games are time consuming but that that hard (besides WMD, that online trophy is tough).

1 hour ago, DarkSoleride said:

Yeah you need two PS Vita consoles and two copies of the game but if you play the PS3 version you only need one copy of the game and either two PS3 controllers or 1 PS3 controller and one PS4 controller (use can use a PS4 controller with PS3 via cable) up to you which one but both stacks are under 2% rarity 

The Vita isn't all that cheap. PS3 is definitely more viable.

5 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I understand it correctly, I need only one PS3 and one Ps vita version for 2 Platins?
Or one PS3 and two Ps vita versions for both platins?

The Vita version is unfortunately really very expensive.

I feel like discrediting a platinum's rarity by saying "it's just a huge grind" is an understatement. There's a reason a lot of people didn't go for it. The grind was too daunting. If something takes 80+ hours, it's uniquely "difficult" in that sense. I'd argue something like Knowledge is Power isn't a huge grind and isn't difficult whatsoever, there's just the tricky factor you need 6 devices minimum in order to obtain one of the trophies. Besides that, can easily get it done in a day or two. Yet the plat sits at 1.95% completion. 

20 hours ago, Spaz said:

True that is obvious though.

The question was easiest plat under 2% rarity i just simply shared my experience which was the PS Vita version since it sits at 0.78% soon enough the PS3 version that sits at 1.87% will soon be 2% and his efforts would be wasted. Hence why the Vita version is more viable.

The PS3 is just more accessible. 

On 30.9.2019 at 1:22 PM, Fleks_Mhteam said:

No it's not, just because subjectively you had an easier time with it doesn't make it an easy under 2% plat. the guide difficulty stands at 8/10 and different other sites have an average difficulty between 8 and 9 for the game. It's fine if you have a high opinion of your own skills but don't fool others into starting a game that may frustrate the heck out of them because they think it will be a walk in the park.

Downwell is really polarizing in terms of its challenge. There are people that have been at this game for 50+ hours, while others can get it in only a handful. If you belong to the later group, I'd say you're entitled to calling it an "easy game" :)

Personally I needed around 17 hours for this plat and rated it a 6.5/10 in terms of challenge.

From the games I have played that have a sub 2% platinum rarity, I'd have to say either Unravel 2 (currently at 1.97%) or OlliOlli2 (currently at 0.63%). The former only has one speedrun trophy (Hideaway) that took me around 5-6 attempts, everything else is pretty straightforward. For OlliOlli2, if it wasn't for the trophy that requires you to participate seven times in the daily grind, the platinum could be achieved in less than a day easily. 

None of these two is probably the overall easiest game, but I can only write about the games I've played myself. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1