Your Ideal Completion Percentage Range?

ZenRhino

100% pretty much, though that is out of my reach currently, at least until I do some minor clean up and hide two absolute completion ruiners I probably will never complete due to their insane difficulty from my profile. My new goal if I actually give up on 100% for good would be somewhere around 95%, anything lower than that would just not sit well with me after some of the shit I did for completions sake, especially the ungodly grinds like Monster Hunter World or Orcs Must Die Unchained.

• Like 2

Getting 100% is near to impossible for me now, since FFXV multiplayer trophies "migrated" to another stack. I mean, I could get the 100%, but it would be too grindy and the main thing I want to have while gaming is fun, whether I care or not about the trophies.

It's true that sometimes I did not start to play a game for the plat length and/or difficulty. I've been playing and grinding the easier games, and now, most of my backlog consist of games with UR plats and long grinds. These last weeks, I made a little bit of platinum "hiatus" and only plat a game whenever I feel like. I won't oblige myself to grind if I don't want to.

If I enjoy the grind, fine. If I don't, I may leave it for later. I tried to have always >80% and I almost reached 84% and I started DriveClub and suddenly decreased to 79%. But I guess >75% is really fine for me. For "elitists", 75% might be awful, but >75% is still impressive for me. I mean, it's three slices of a cake out of four. :)

• Like 2

It's a bit difficult. I like to take care about my account but on the other hand I reject let all the trophy stuff taking too much space in my life. I know people that are taking this way too serious and some even don't have a life, but in the end it's up to you how much time you invest into this so judging about this is rather pointless. I don't focus on the leaderboard because I don't wanna be a trophy whore and level up quickly by just playing shitty games (even though I have a few in my list...). Since people share accounts, using multiple consoles, glitches, guides etc. the ranking is all obscure anyway. I still play a game basically for fun and I've never rejected a game that I was really interested in just because the trophies are hard to achieve. But I don't judge anybody who does so, I just don't see these guys as any competition, since there is no competition anyway... Having said that, I still like to get 100% in my games, you can say I'm my own opponent in this case. Mostly I succeed, sometimes not. I would be really happy with a 95% completion though.

I'm at the door of 79%. Was over it but started Wolfenstein Youngblood. Trying to get into the 80 to 84% range. Once I do I think that will be a good % for me. I know I'll never reach 100% because of server closures.

I'm not about to start a new profile just so I could maintain a 100% profile.

I try my best and entertain the notion of 100% while playing a game, but some escape me because I lack the skill and/or the time, or are now plain impossible due to servers closures, DLC being delisted or buggy trophy.

So my first goal would be to get to 95% (almost there, slowly finishing old games between new ones), but my ideal would be a tiny bit more, so that I could remain at 95% even when starting a new game. So around 95.5/96%, I guess.

Edited by KennethMcCormick

It really doesn't bother me that much and never has. Don't get me wrong it would be a boss feeling having a 100% completion but I imagine it would cause more stress if anything with constantly having to worry if you can definitely get the next game done and always having to fear playing any game you like just randomly. I'd rather just play what I want with no stress or worries ? playing for fun and enjoyment is what it's always been about for me. I'd never want my favourite past time to feel like work. 

• Like 4

I don't have an ideal completion rate because I think it's a pointless stat. I don't play games all the way if I don't like them and I have precious little free time so I tend not to finish a lot of games that I do like as well. 

At one point I did try to raise my completion rate but I decided since then that trophy hunting doesn't need to be that serious. So my hunting and completion rate have gone down since then but I'm enjoying games a lot more now so it's a net gain. 

• Like 1

I try to 100% most games that I play but if I don't then that's fine, having and maintaining a 100% profile has never been on my radar.

I'm between 75-76% right now and I'm satisfied with that. If I can get up to 80%+ even better, but I don't necessarily stress over it .

I like being above 90%.  It means I need to be thorough, but still gives room for some unobtainable trophies and DLC that I don't want to buy.  I can also leave a game in the middle or whatever and do something else instead if I want.  As long as I usually come back for it sometime later.

Honestly, I think the most important thing is to find some goals or targets that work for you.  Going for 100% would just not be something I'd enjoy, but I'm sure there are some who do.  Maybe others would do better with a target of 80% or 70% or something else.  Find what works for you.

• Like 2

95 percent and up. 

90 percent is my cutoff point. Anything above 75 percent is fine but you’re leaving yourself to a lot of unfinished games.

95 percent means you’re thorough. I have hard stuff like Super Meat Boy, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Woah Dave! and DOOM 2 I’ll get done eventually. Some multiplayer stuff from Assassins Creed Revelations and Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag still remain unfinished. 

100 percent is impossible, but I also think that creates too much stress and work for the player. If you can maintain that, then great, you’re better than most. But I don’t think it’s necessary in order to get the most out of your games and enjoy them.

• Like 2