Your Ideal Completion Percentage Range?

ZenRhino

For me personally, my hard cutoff was always set at 85% (although I'm really annoyed by my current 86.73%), but my ideal is 90+%. Before I started adding a lot of games to clear the online and then not find time to finish them, I was at 91%, still having a hard time clearing that mess, and I'm still adding a few new games, so, I rarely work on the unfinished ones.. 

But I WILL eventually be back to 90+%!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

42 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

I like being at 39%.

Ha! I like how everyone is saying 90 or so and you're like 39% is fine!

As for me, 50% is good enough with my backlog, although I'm not even at that, because it gives me the impression that I'm at least halfway through it (even if that's not the case).

• Like 3

I have a large amount of PS3 games on my profile that I never finished before I started hunting, so that's always going to hurt my completion, especially since I don't have a PS3 anymore to go back and clean up. I'm sitting around 56-57% at the moment which I'm pretty happy with, remember I was below 50% late last year so it's going well. It'll take a long time but ideally I'd like to crack the 70% mark, no rush though haha

• Like 1

I like 50% it's not because games are hard or anything it's just because some games are meh and I don't want to invest the time and effort into 100%ing them. Maybe eventually but I have too many games in my backlog an I buy more weekly only for em to get shoved into my backlog

Edited by mackenzie129
  • Like 1

I've gotten 100% a few times, but that doesn't last long (there is always something to play, right?). But 100% is what I aim for.

Since I have only around 70 games, starting one with many trophies often results in me dropping to the ~95% range, but I try to not drop below that, and I try to not have more than 4 unfinished games at the same time. 

As I complete more games, I hope to be able to stay in the 97-99% range even when I start something new, that's what I'd consider optimal ?

Edited by Arcesius

Still regret downloading free games World of Tanks and Frozen Snowball the first day I got my PS4 before I even started getting trophies. Those games are endless and would take a lifetime to clear. Think they're stuck at 7/80 and 10/20 or something like that. Talk about off to a slow start. 

Also regret letting my daughter play Plants Versus Zombies on my profile. Chalk up another 10/70 type figure. I don't like the game so won't do what she missed.

So I prefer to 100% any game I play but will move on if needed for sanity or boredom.  Overall completion I try to keep above 80%, this has been complicated by my brother playing games on my profile and unlocking one trophy before I could delete it. This has led to several hundred trophies I will never attempt thus 100% is an impossibility which is probably for the best to be honest. 

On a side note I think the calculation for completion is either broken or calculated differently than how I know to find completion percentage (Total earned trophies divided by overall total trophies). The site has me at 79.81% but 5,312÷6,566=80.90. Anyone else experience this?

13 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

So I prefer to 100% any game I play but will move on if needed for sanity or boredom.  Overall completion I try to keep above 80%, this has been complicated by my brother playing games on my profile and unlocking one trophy before I could delete it. This has led to several hundred trophies I will never attempt thus 100% is an impossibility which is probably for the best to be honest. 

On a side note I think the calculation for completion is either broken or calculated differently than how I know to find completion percentage (Total earned trophies divided by overall total trophies). The site has me at 79.81% but 5,312÷6,566=80.90. Anyone else experience this?

I don't think it works like this....it's calculated by points not trophies.

I believe it's something like Total Points Earned / Total Points Possible but does not include Platinum trophies.

0% games don't contribute to Total Points Possible btw.

Edited by ZenRhino
  • Like 1

I don't think that it matters what your overall % is (mine's only like 30% cause I only platinum games I actually enjoy or I already have like 70%), I think it should more matter to you that you like a game. If you base your life only on trophies you're gonna miss out on a lot of great games, like The Binding Of Isaac, Enter The Gungeon because hot diggity damn getting 100% on that I respect and have been working towards for a while. I don't have anything against hardcore 100% everything, but you gotta play a game for the sake of playing a game once in a while.

• Like 1

Nah. This site also adds DLCs you don't own to your completion rate, and since I won't buy  crappy DLCs (or play again old games I had only on plus)for a number,  my percentage is lowered. As of now it's 71.30%, and I'm planning to reach 75%, but something like 85+ would mean pointless spending.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZenRhino said:

I don't think it works like this....it's calculated by points not trophies.

I believe it's something like Total Points Earned / Total Points Possible but does not include Platinum trophies.

0% games don't contribute to Total Points Possible btw.

Thank you for clearing that up for me - it has been driving me a little batty. The analytical side of my brain loves statistics for some reason. 

Ideally between 80 and 95%. Given my low trophy count overall any new games plummets my percentage. As my account matures over time I'll probably steadily increase the amount as close to 99% as possible.

If I don't enjoy a game I won't play it. If I do enjoy a game I'll support it via DLC purchase.

• 3 years later...

I would say 85% if that’s possible (76% right now)

When I first started my account in 2013 I wouldn’t had call myself “ trophy Hunter” but would get plats in games that I saw were easy enough to get! But through the span of 2014-2018 I got some games that I don’t feel like going back to at all because I probably dropped them for a good reason. Definitely back then I didn’t care cause I just played and earned what I can. Nowadays I sometimes go through my backlog but my percentage usually goes with newer games being added ??

Its nice to add a personal goal for your collection cause why not, I wish PSN actually did this with their own system :/