How do you get motivated

MrCatvi

Yeah but what about games. I dont enjoy even tho I bought them, should I force my self ?

And what about should I take my phase and do it slowly?

Plus one more little quastion and im done

Do you really care about %?

There is games i played years ago and i dont have the disks again

Thanks for the replay❤

The challenge to have it keeps me motivated. I discovered a new way to play my old games by "platinuming" them. It can be beacause of harder difficulties or do things I didn't see/tried/thinked.

6 minutes ago, MrCatvi said:

Yeah but what about games. I dont enjoy even tho I bought them, should I force my self ?

Thanks for the replay❤

I'd advise you to do first the games you love/loved the most, don't force yourself if you finally dislike. Maybe you'll want to to them later. If not, it's not a big deal man. Do what YOU want, as long you enjoy yourself.

Edited by CarlosMcFly
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrCatvi said:

If you want it, you'll have to force yourself in a way. But what I usually like doing when a game gets boring is applying the "Do something" principle. Just do something to get yourself a little bit closer to your goal (in that case, the platinum trophy/100%). Start the game, get a handful of easy trophies, maybe set it aside and play something for a few days and come back to it later. Without the pressure of going all out, you eventually acclimate yourself to the game and build momentum to go for the harder trophies.

That being said, play what you like. If it stops being fun, it's not worth it IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrCatvi said:

If you need to ask that question, I would say "no" ? There are players that find enjoyment in challenge and enjoy completing games. I am such a player, I enjoy practicing for tough challenges, and I enjoy the satisfaction I get from completing those tasks (man I've written "enjoy" a lot haven't I)

But if you are asking how I get motivated... I don't need any additional motivation, that's just in my nature. Not everyone needs to be a completionist or tackle challenging games. The most important thing when you are playing games is.. having fun doing so. If you don't enjoy a challenge that's perfectly fine! 

I personally do care about mine, but I don't think less of players with a lower completion %. Those players have just different goals or approaches to gaming than I do. I mean, I have a high completion %, but I have very few platinums in comparison with many other players.

Just find what your hunting style is and have fun! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 4

I'll give anything a good go, but if the game reaches the point of becoming an annoying chore I'll more than likely just leave it.  If its no fun i just don't see the point.

There are a good few games I've done in the past and soldiered on to get the plat done while not having any fun whatsoever and at the end of it I'm just there like....... Well I'm an idiot!

• Like 4

Speaking from personal experience, there were plenty of games on my previous account where I would force myself to play through games I had no interest in or learned to completely loathe over the course of playing it, just to earn the platinum. It is part of the reason I created this new profile with the goal of 100% completion to make a sort of showcase of games I enjoyed enough to platinum and to challenge myself along the way, rather than playing things I inherently disliked just to fluff my profile numbers.

That being said, to reiterate what others have said aim to platinum games you WANT to play. The process itself should be part of your enjoyment and if it isn't, then maybe trophy hunting isn't for you. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

In the end-and this might be a bit of a controversial statement here-trophy score and your number of platinum trophies only have the value you give them. Very few places outside of this community could give a rat's ass about those numbers and if you are struggling to find value in them yourself, then don't worry about them. Trophy hunting shouldn't be detrimental to your enjoyment of gaming experience but supplemental to it. Everything else is secondary to your enjoyment.

Edited by GameMatter
  • Like 4

Just play what you love and if you're unsure about being able to play it the do it on a blank account just don't forget to  login with your main account for synchization. As for motivation,  there many ways for me depending on the game. If the game is anime based then I watch the anime while grinding or listen to the soundtrack, if it's an action game then also good music piece do the trick for me to get into fighting mode. In the end it depends on what kind of game you wanna play and how important is trophy hunting for you. Biggest motivation at all for me is knowing I don't have any game that's for the sole purpose of trophies and it keeps me going on making a good account towards a 100 percent.

• Like 1

most people go for ultra hard trophy lists for the feel of satisfaction at the end of it, and to tackle and overcome what the games can throw at them, some also go for it because they want perfection with a game or series they adore so much.. 

In short, motivation comes from within naturally, there is no specific or artifical way.. 

• Like 1

I don't have any overly difficult 100% completions, but the trend seems to be that the more difficult the completion, the better the game can be. 

You usually get an awesome game which has 2-3 truly difficult trophies to unlock. Best just go with the flow and enjoy the game. Vent on here that you can't do it, then when you go back to it you do it straight away lol. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 7:17 AM, Arcesius said:

If you need to ask that question, I would say "no" 1f642.png There are players that find enjoyment in challenge and enjoy completing games. I am such a player, I enjoy practicing for tough challenges, and I enjoy the satisfaction I get from completing those tasks (man I've written "enjoy" a lot haven't I)

But if you are asking how I get motivated... I don't need any additional motivation, that's just in my nature. Not everyone needs to be a completionist or tackle challenging games. The most important thing when you are playing games is.. having fun doing so. If you don't enjoy a challenge that's perfectly fine! 

I personally do care about mine, but I don't think less of players with a lower completion %. Those players have just different goals or approaches to gaming than I do. I mean, I have a high completion %, but I have very few platinums in comparison with many other players.

Just find what your hunting style is and have fun! 

This is the best answer.

If you have to try to find motvation to overcome a difficult game, then you probbly are lacking passion.

And take it from me dont ever do things your not passionte about, becuse that will always leave you not giving something your all.

Ppl like me, we just natually have this drive to want to defeat ever challenge set before us. But I wont lie I also love video games.

If I didnt I wouldnt ever be a trophy hunter.

This is why I can enjoy hard or easier games it dosnt matter.

So like the above person said, find your prefered hunting style, play games you love or are intrested in and remember one very impordent thing about this hobby...

If you are not playing for the game and only the trophies, then you already messed up.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 10:04 PM, colia100 said:

Not having a job, a girlfriend, or much of a life really helps...

Lots of time to motivate yourself for playing games, even bad ones -_-

Oh No I understand why I lack the motivation to play for a long time lol

On 9/20/2019 at 10:07 PM, DesmaBR said:

Stop when you want to stop. If you force yourself, you'll regret it later.

Also working on harder plats is something to do while listening to a podcast or something.

its a great idea Ill probs turn on Netflix or an audio book :)

On 9/20/2019 at 10:11 PM, NinisSuto said:

I watch Rustic and other positive streamers, content creators and then I do trophy because I wanna have fun and not for competiteion.

Yep

its like farming in an mmorpg

U gotta watch somthing or listen to a very good music!

On 9/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

This is the best answer.

If you have to try to find motvation to overcome a difficult game, then you probbly are lacking passion.

And take it from me dont ever do things your not passionte about, becuse that will always leave you not giving something your all.

Ppl like me, we just natually have this drive to want to defeat ever challenge set before us. But I wont lie I also love video games.

If I didnt I wouldnt ever be a trophy hunter.

This is why I can enjoy hard or easier games it dosnt matter.

So like the above person said, find your prefered hunting style, play games you love or are intrested in and remember one very impordent thing about this hobby...

If you are not playing for the game and only the trophies, then you already messed up.

Thanks mate

I'm Enjoying for now atleast

I just wont do games that I dont have fun or motivation playing

I have like 6 plats and the games I did plat them it feels like  I'm

giving honor to this game

Like I'm hunting Gta san andreas cause it was my childhood game and I never finished the story and I played many hours online when  I was young

My motive is just like

Ill work hard cause this game is one of the greatest and made a change in my life :)

• Like 1

On 19/09/2019 at 11:04 AM, MrCatvi said:

Thanks for the replay2764.png

A high percentage completion just means someone has multiple accounts and usually plats games that have plats they don't want to go for on that alt account. Pretty meaningless to me (as you can see from my terrible completion rate), but if you enjoy it then by all means, it's a arbitrary target like any other.

Don't force yourself to play games you don't enjoy. Life is far too short!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 3:04 AM, MrCatvi said:

Thanks for the replay2764.png

Welp, I have a game, Uncharted Lost Legacy, that I don't really enjoy.  But, I bought the damn thing so feel I need to finish it.  Mind you, I've been slowly working on it for the past year and a half!  I just play other games that I enjoy.  I usually put this game on a list when I join gaming events to try to motivate me, but you know, it just really isn't important.  As far as % goes, I think the only person concerned with that would be you.  I got over it; stuff like that just doesn't bother me any more now that I don't take stuff so seriously.  Hope this helps.

• Like 3