Looking forward to this game

Ranari_Kai

I really enjoyed Death Mark. so I'm really excited for this sequel.

Does anybody know if this is just a game in the same style as Death Mark or possible even a real sequel?

It would be great if the storylines are actually connected. I would be especially interested if Mary plays a role in NG...

18 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I really enjoyed Death Mark. so I'm really excited for this sequel.

Does anybody know if this is just a game in the same style as Death Mark or possible even a real sequel?

It would be great if the storylines are actually connected. I would be especially interested if Mary plays a role in NG...

It's considered the second game in the series and, as far as I'm aware, it has the same gameplay mechanics of overcoming the evil spirits via defeating them or bonding with them.

We've not got our review copy yet but Death Mark was one of my most popular reviews last year so I can't wait to jump into this one.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got the platinum last night (review copy). Review will hopefully be out tomorrow. To answer some questions, it’s not technically a sequel. There are some references and nods but it’s a new threat, curse, situation and set of people. Also, not sure why the trophy page on here has an alternative name of ‘no good’. That’s not what NG stands for. 

think it took me about 40-45 hours to get the plat. That’s one full playthrough of all bad endings (easy enough to do) then holding skip and working out the purification’s for each spirt for the other endings. 

will explain more in the review, like I did with death mark, but some things are better in this game but there’s one thing I didn’t like. But I won’t mention that here :)

oh, nobody’s brought it up yet but all western versions are identical to the Japanese version, no censor, no blacked out images, nothing removed or altered. Also, you can pick the amount of jump scares randomly in the scenes. I had it on scary and i jumped a number of times. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, turniplord said:

Got the platinum last night (review copy). Review will hopefully be out tomorrow. To answer some questions, it’s not technically a sequel. There are some references and nods but it’s a new threat, curse, situation and set of people. Also, not sure why the trophy page on here has an alternative name of ‘no good’. That’s not what NG stands for. 

think it took me about 40-45 hours to get the plat. That’s one full playthrough of all bad endings (easy enough to do) then holding skip and working out the purification’s for each spirt for the other endings. 

will explain more in the review, like I did with death mark, but some things are better in this game but there’s one thing I didn’t like. But I won’t mention that here :)

oh, nobody’s brought it up yet but all western versions are identical to the Japanese version, no censor, no blacked out images, nothing removed or altered. Also, you can pick the amount of jump scares randomly in the scenes. I had it on scary and i jumped a number of times. 

I can't wait to get this game, a truly favourite of mine!! Thanks for the info, I love your reviews, sometimes I even buy some games because you recommend them :) !

P.S. It seems release date is Oct 25th, so the date is wrong too.

On 04/10/2019 at 1:40 AM, yokonika said:

I can't wait to get this game, a truly favourite of mine!! Thanks for the info, I love your reviews, sometimes I even buy some games because you recommend them :) !

P.S. It seems release date is Oct 25th, so the date is wrong too.

Many thanks! An yeah, it's out tomorrow! 

I've been swamped with things this week, so I only just managed to get my review out in time!

Here's the link (it's a long one): https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/spirit-hunter-ng-ps4-review/

I may be a little biased as I loved Death Mark, but I don't care :) the game had me hooked from beginning to end four times. If the Vita version was a separate platinum, I would have probably picked that up as well - but it isn't this time by the looks of it.

• Like 3

I started the game yesterday. I have just finished the prologue but I like what i've seen so far.

Nice atmosphere and setting. The main character seems a bit a bit of a cliche, but I'm not disliking him. I really dig the sound effects, which are straight out of death mark. And of course the little nods to the prequel, like the idol dressing up like Mary and a few odd comments

I think I will have a good time with this game. I won't rush it or play it with a guide. I going for a blind first run, to enjoy it as much as possible.

2 hours ago, OverlordLaharl said:

So i tried for the normal ending on my 2nd run but... i got the bad ending and idk why >.< What decide on the bad/normal ending? I was sure bad was getting everyone killed and saved at least one on normal but apparently not lol

Kill everyone = bad

Save everyone bar the one you can't = good
Get one optional death = normal

For me, I saved everyone but killed off the one in the first office building chapter) then continued right to the end.

27 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Kill everyone = bad

Save everyone bar the one you can't = good
Get one optional death = normal

For me, I saved everyone but killed off the one in the first office building chapter) then continued right to the end.

Mmmm on my "normal" run i killed everybody but one but i got the bad ending. Imma try what you did then!